RealRed Mod Not Functioning
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: RealRed Mod Not Functioning Author: AirHippo PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 am
    —
OK, I have no doubt this is a quite amazingly inept question, but here goes...

Having just managed to get CC3 back up and running a day or two ago (finally found out about disabling the videos - the codec's totally useless on Vista, which, annoyingly, means I can't watch the excellent movies from Thief II either), I dredged up from my memory an idea that there was a mod about that I'd played with before, and rather enjoyed. A quick amble around here led me back to RealRed. I d/led it, used Config51, fire up CC3 full of expactation, and bog-all happened (though this didn't dawn on me for a while).

Oh, right, patch. Yeah.

So jolly ol' me just toddled along and patched it. My game .exe is now version 3.1.0.0 and it's all terribly spiffy and such, except that RealRed doesn't seem overly impressed. I'm still staring at the vanilla CC3 units list, and this despite my game being patched and Config51 proudly declaring that RealRed - in both RR-X 2.0 and RRG 0822 forms - is installed, which presumably means it's working.

I am, at this point, quite knackered and probably overlooking something very obvious, but I am still puzzled, not least because I'd used RR so happily in the past. I realise this is probably not the most coherent of posts, either, so if I should furnish any extra information please say so.

Thanks everyone!

#2: Re: RealRed Mod Not Functioning Author: AirHippo PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:22 am
    —
Cancel out - found the problem. Running Config51 as Admin did the trick. Huzzah! I knew I'd missed something obvious...

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1