Fog
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#1: Fog Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:54 pm
    —
Ok so in CCPiTF they are integrating fog as a weather effect on the battlefield. I am speculating again about this.... As far as I know they haven't mentioned night battles. Is the night feature being morphed into the fog feature? Weather effects on the battlefield have been done successfully before in other games. In Close Combat the graphics of the night feature never fit in, in my opinion. Changing this same feature to fog just continues the sloppiness of this graphically horrid feature.

I think the best way to implenent a battlefield weather hinderence is to add a small tab indicated with visibility in terms of meters. This way you don't have to hack in night or weather graphics. The strategic map already tells you the weather, which has worked fine in the past. Right clicking on the tactical map would tell you if some ground turned to mud or another hindering ground element.

There seems to be an early focus on fog with it being in game and in the title. I hope the campaign isn't hinged on this one weather effect, it sounds rediculous. So this image below is either washed out or is showing the fog effects.

#2: Re: Fog Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 am
    —
That is what I like about you mooxe. You are never shy about bashing stoopid features.

Maybe they are just thinking it is cool. I hope they don't think its going to bring in new sales.

Sooo, me thinks the screenie is showing the fog. Note the tanks can't see squat.

What I would like to see out of this game, is the new UI. Hope they don't gomer it.   Laughing

OK, I included a screenie of what is fog. So maybe graphically CC Fog looks ok.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1