About the first screenshots
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#21: Re: About the first screenshots Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 pm
    —
new trailer  Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tecx1V_smo&feature=youtu.be

#22: Re: About the first screenshots Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 am
    —
For the little I could appreciate from the new trailer posted above I gather this:

Pros: The movement looks more fluid and less jerky, the new platoon selection method looks a step in the right direction towards historical accuracy. The Tanks look impressive if a little to insipid or bleak.

Cons: The explosions look the same since CC4, still using silhouettes for the team icon on the selection screen, I think that is better for the soldier monitor on the combat screen, for the selection screen I prefer drawn art to dark silhouettes or photographs.

Can't wait!

#23: Re: About the first screenshots Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:13 am
    —
Me 2 !

Just might buy this... inspite of multi-player - lack of or not.

(:

In other words... if that ability to play within a dedicated server fails...  and feedback is negative... I'll still buy it.  

* did that sound desperate ?   Razz

#24: Re: About the first screenshots Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am
    —
1 to 2 players.

rats.

Better than... 1.

Kind of thought it'd be up to 10.

#25: Re: About the first screenshots Author: ScottPLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
For the little I could appreciate from the new trailer posted above I gather this:

Cons: The explosions look the same since CC4, still using silhouettes for the team icon on the selection screen, I think that is better for the soldier monitor on the combat screen, for the selection screen I prefer drawn art to dark silhouettes or photographs.

Can't wait!

You'll be happy to know that while the trailer used a slightly older build, Panthers in the Fog will have brand-new explosions. Much more realistic and dramatic!

#26: Re: About the first screenshots Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 am
    —

#27: Re: About the first screenshots Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm
    —
Thanks ! Scott    Very Happy !

#28: Re: About the first screenshots Author: ScottPLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:08 pm
    —
I wanted to give you guys a bit of taste of the new explosions in action. In-game they're a lot better than on an animated gif but this way its faster and more 'focused' than making a youtube video of it. I'm in the process of making more (night explosions, air strikes, etc), the real challenge is keeping the file sizes down.

#29: Re: About the first screenshots Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm
    —
They look way better, thanks for posting the gif.

Got a couple of questions:

-Since CC4 we got 2 different animations (or was it three???) for every explosion size, has this number increased?

-I liked how the dust is carried by the wind, is it always that direction or it changes

-What is the process to make these explosion sprites?

#30: Re: About the first screenshots Author: ScottPLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 am
    —
Hi Kanov,

1.) I'll check with the team on the animations. From the build I've been using, there's a lot of variety in the sizes, but all seem to be similar with slight differences.

2.) Same direction mostly.

3.) The team said that they studied WWII photos and films to get an idea on creating the explosion sprites. The process though is a bit more specific so I'll check with the team.

#31: Re: About the first screenshots Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 am
    —
Can't wait!

You guys go ahead. I don't like being the first penquin into the water anymore.  Idea  Laughing

#32: Re: About the first screenshots Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm
    —
Also noticed from the new trailer that the dust animation from the turrets on firing tanks is not there.

They are either gone for good or were revamped and weren't ready in the beta build used for this trailer.

#33: Re: About the first screenshots Author: ScottPLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm
    —
Also noticed from the new trailer that the dust animation from the turrets on firing tanks is not there.

They are either gone for good or were revamped and weren't ready in the beta build used for this trailer.

Correct, the trailer used an old build, by the time the new build was done we had finished the trailer.

#34: Re: About the first screenshots Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:57 am
    —
[quote="Stwa";p="67293"][quote="Pzt_Kanov";p="67265"]Can't wait![/quote]

You guys go ahead. I don't like being the first penquin into the water anymore.  Idea  Laughing[/quote]

I agree  Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2