I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

#1: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm
    —
Come on guys.... this can't be "rocket science".  Please tell us what needs to be modded, in which file, to turn the tracers on.  I know that it probably took somebody a long while to 'find' the bits that needed 'fixing'.... but come on, help the community with this drastically needed fix.  My sincere "thanks" in advance.

ALL the modders efforts and talents are greatly appreciated.  Let's bring this mod into much more usable form.  Thanks!

#2: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:26 pm
    —
try letting the allied player host!

#3: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 pm
    —
Your best bet is gonna be re- modding the game with a new .EXE
Years ago this topic was up and while someone knew how to fix it,they just wouldn't.

It was a pretty long debate as I recall.

#4: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 am
    —
My guess is that it probably has to do with the soldier's uniform scheme editing. Try looking into that by checking with the original game and other mods to see if the modders of omaha changed something they shouldn't like the last unknown columns of the soldier color tool.

#5: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 am
    —
Not that I know

But why the Soldier Uniforms file?

#6: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:02 pm
    —
*** This reply in the original "Bloody Omaha Tracers Fixed" thread is what caused me to believe it was an easy .adb file fix:

ANZAC_Lord4war
Rep: 3.5
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:42 am Post subject: mmm
Quote:  <Select> <Expand>
BTW, nice thread...

"Soooo, can anyone tell me what I have to do to turn tracers OFF in CC5. I thought I would try it for the fun of it.
Thanks,
Stwa"

U just need qclone to turn it off in any mod.

*** That was the reply by ANZAC_Lord4war

#7: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Not that I know

But why the Soldier Uniforms file?

I think it controls the tracers too, my memory is a bit confused but I seem to remember to have read a post about that on ryan's forum but...

tripwire wrote (View Post):

*** This reply in the original &quot;Bloody Omaha Tracers Fixed&quot; thread is what caused me to believe it was an easy .adb file fix:

ANZAC_Lord4war
Rep: 3.5
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:42 am Post subject: mmm
Quote: &nbsp;&lt;Select&gt; &lt;Expand&gt;
BTW, nice thread...

&quot;Soooo, can anyone tell me what I have to do to turn tracers OFF in CC5. I thought I would try it for the fun of it.
Thanks,
Stwa&quot;

U just need qclone to turn it off in any mod.

*** That was the reply by ANZAC_Lord4war

As always Lord4war is very helpful  Rolling Eyes I've asked something to him in the past about changing some strings in CC5 and received about the same kind of half answer.

I think he's referring to the way snipers in GJS have their muzzle flash and tracer removed for example. I don't have Bloody omaha anymore and haven't looked at CC files in a long time but there's a column in the first part of the weapons file where it says something like 'fire type' and you can set it to 'none' 'rifle' 'machinegun' 'mortar' etc. GJS snipers have it set to 'none' so he probably is  telling you to check that column on Omaha to see how it's set.

#8: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:20 pm
    —
I just tried this for VETBoB and with all Weapons set at -1 (Which equals None) I still get the Tracers for Tanks but not Troops.

Does B.O. have Tracers for Tanks I wonder?
I don't have that or CCIV installed to find out

#9: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:42 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I just tried this for VETBoB and with all Weapons set at -1 (Which equals None) I still get the Tracers for Tanks but not Troops.

Does B.O. have Tracers for Tanks I wonder?
I don't have that or CCIV installed to find out

I just tried B.O. again.... there are no tracers for tank fire.

#10: Re: I WANT TRACER FIRE FOR BLOODY OMAHA......please! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm
    —
I was afraid of that.

I do not know how to correct that.

sorry

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1