Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#1: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm
    —
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3205839

#2: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: ScottPLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm
    —
You're fast! I was about to come here to post that link!

I'd also like to mention we have a gameplay trailer in the works to shed more light on Panthers in the Fog Smile

#3: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm
    —
If all of the things they mention in the interview are present and functional in the new system, then PITF will become a must game for all of us. But the same might be said for the 3D game, which may make me wait for it.

And, its not really a CC thing, but now days, I wait a full 1 to 2 years before I purchase any new titles. I am just in no rush anymore.

And then this from the inteview  Arrow

Finally, we’ve made some improvements to the AI opponent will help make it a bit more of a challenge. The AI in previous releases was not very good matching its objectives at the strategic level with its planning and fighting at the tactical level. Now the tactical level AI will be more focused on capturing or holding victory locations (ground) that helps it accomplish its strategic movement goals.

So does all this mean that road Victory Locations are more important to the AI than in previous titles.

I never really had a problem with the AI defending or attacking Victory Locations, because I use CCMT. AI works great, IMHO.

#4: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm
    —
Sounds great! I especially liked the part about mortars. The instant response of mortars in CC is generally quite annoying, and in mods where mortars are especially very powerful this tends to hinder any mobility instantly. I hope that the new mortar system works as they say.

#5: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:35 pm
    —
They didn't answer any of the questions i asked.....

#6: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: ScottPLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
They didn't answer any of the questions i asked.....

I'm assuming you mean the community interview from the Wargamer? The one we just posted is more of a pointed developer interview, the community one is sure to follow Smile

#7: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am
    —
I'm assuming you mean the community interview from the Wargamer? -ScottP

Since it seems you are on top of this, perhaps you wouldn't mind supplying answers to Schrecken's Wargamer questions here at CCS, in advance. If I remember correctly, I don't think they were very difficult questions.

The one we just posted is more of a pointed developer interview ... -ScottP

Yea, for some reason, it didn't seem to have a real inteview look and feel to it.  Question

#8: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 am
    —
GA date I thought was December but then I heard they were going to bump it up to this month?

Are the developers from Slitherine in the UK contributing their developers exclusively to production?  

Too late I'm sure for any major changes...but for the next release with new engine would like to see some feature of CC Mods incorporated such as the Grossdeutchland mod with 10 man AI infantry teams with aggressive tactics.  Or variable / unpredictable tactic such as ambush in strategic points, flanking maneuvers , mass assaults, etc.  The GD mod from CCIII was truly a masterpiece.

#9: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 am
    —
PITF has some new things i like troops riding on tanks, some i dont!. small squads for one!

beta tester

Tiger

#10: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: zon PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 am
    —
How about some new screenshots?

#11: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 pm
    —
I am getting the feeling that this Game is going to do 'us' proud?

Expectations or hope can get squashed upon...

Funny how sometimes when you least expect 'stuff' you get delightfully surprised!

Question is... which one is this ?  

:|

#12: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm
    —
I guess what i was trying to 'say' is  I haven't bought any of the "ReDo" lastest versions of close combat... believe you me.. i wanted to but the feedback was a mite negative.  Glad i didn't.  Harsh to say, but true.

However, I am really wanting to Buy ! ANYthing at the moment.....  and this newest game's timing seems perfect.  Everyone old and new Close Combat players are primed and ripe and ready...  i think or at least hope so.

:)

God help us.  

:*}

#13: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm
    —
Just looked at those 'oldish' screenshots of P.intheFog !

I'm impressed.

Really like the bar at the top etc.

:D

#14: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 am
    —
Release date 19th of Nov. 2012 !  

:)

#15: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm
    —
Slitherine website says 12/31/2012

Pift

#16: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Slitherine website says 12/31/2012

Pift

haha they saw your post and changed it Michael.

#17: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm
    —
NO no no

Release date on Slitherine's own website now says 19-NOV GA date...now we also have the cover art available - featuring Panther tank of course.

http://slitherine.com/games/cc_pitf

#18: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm
    —
Finnish Review of the game P in the F.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&from=&to=en&a=http%3a%2f%2fdome.fi%2fpelit%2farvostelut%2fclose-combat-panthers-in-the-fog-ennakko

2 Videos here too!

Enjoy.

#19: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm
    —
Thanks for the link MF_Church. I am going to buy it even if it includes all the frustrations of the previous releases. I noticed a new blown up tank graphic (turret sitting next to the hull), new explosion effects, the fog, new interface etc. Plenty of reasons for purchasing Wink  Or might the reason be that I am a hopeless collector of the series  Embarassed

#20: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm
    —
It will probably be received like most of the Matrix releases....

Some will be happy just a for a new CC with some changes while others will feel it shouldn't change or there isn't enough changes....

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4