stalingrad for tLD/LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm
    —
Is this mod still in progress?

#2: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 pm
    —
no and yes. the project was to make a new mod for LSA or TLD with new maps, new graphics, new datas (it is Dima part but we can rely on him to produce good stuff! Smile
But with the arrival of PiTF and the next CC generation, I hesitate. Only some maps are redone but I'm not satisfied in part your fault as you have rised the quality of the maps so high!!! Wink
So I was more interested to wait the next gen CC to see if it will be worth it, if not I will mod Pitf. But I'm certainly motivated to make a new Stalingrad version for CC (I continue to gather pictures and maps for this reason!)

#3: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm
    —
Excellent news.  Let me know if i can help.  I'd love to see Stalingrad with potentially 64 maps.

#4: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 am
    —
Another/Upgraded Stalingrad would be a very welcome addition to the CC mod collection!!!

#5: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 am
    —
Actually as I have mentioned to Manoi, I would love to have Stal in PItF.....with all these new features Smile.
LSA doesn't excite me as it still looks like unfinished product and I really doubt it will be at least same stable as TLD with the new releases coming....

#6: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:26 pm
    —
Decisions, decisions...yes I was not too impressed with LSA either.  I think it is relatively safe bet that PiTF will at least be on par with TLD and better than LSA.   Based on Slitherine's track record with other games odds are likely that finally we will see actual progression in quality of CC games instead of going backwards.  Crazy that such an old game like the original CC2 is still a better product than LSA in so many respects.

Manoi and Dima , we all appreciate all your work with Stalingrad mod...please continue with 2.0 when you're ready.

#7: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm
    —
WAR/TLD would be the least work for converting a mod.

LSA requires lots of data changes.

PiTF requires lots of graphic changes along with the LSA data changes.

#8: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:21 pm
    —
Quote:

if you don't directly port a mod from CC5 to new releases but making a new mod basing on CC5 one, it doesn't matter what platform you choose.

#9: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:54 am
    —
True, then the newest is probably the best as each re-releases added features on to the previous release.

#10: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:03 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Then......

PITF is LSA Enginnery with new Graphics???

Not be difficult to port old Mod for PITF

(Manoi-Dima)if you need help you know where I am Wink

#11: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 am
    —
Would anyone mind if I imported this Mod to WAR?

#12: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 am
    —
Me personally doesnt see any reason against Smile.

#13: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 am
    —
neither me...

#14: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 am
    —
cool

#15: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 am
    —
Hi,

I was wondering how quickly this conversation would begin after the release of PiTF.

If I were going to be attempting a conversion of one of the CC5 base games to PiTF, there would be a ton of questions that I am not altogether sure I can answer, since I don't have the game. But, it would seem to me, that PiTF could prove to be more challenging than you think for the conversion of any CC5 based mod.

First of all there is the map graphics issue. Would PiTF process CC5 type maps as is, or will they need some conversion applied to them using a newer edition of 5CC?

Then there is the issue of map scale. In PitF will imported CC5 data be processed correctly or will range and movement data require corresponding changes.

What about other packed graphics. Surely there will be a new graphics pack and unpack for all of these, and when converting from CC5, will graphics need to be converted from one format to another prior to being repacked into a PiTF container file.

Month's ago, when PiTF came out, and some of its changes were made public, I thought perhaps it would be the new standard for CC 2D since the purgatory of new game versions/patches would come to an end.

Along those lines, is it possible to use PitF material alone (i.e. not CC5 material or any of its mods apart from maps), to make a new mod standard going forward.

For rapid conversions of the older CC5 mods, it seems WAR/TLD to be the logical choice.

For a PiTF mod, right out of the gate, I would like to suggest Bloody Omaha, as perhaps the best candidate. Start with the beach maps only for a first attempt, and then see if you can simply use materials supplied with PiTF beyond that. The idea would be to redo mods, not port them over to PiTF, since the scales are all different at a minimum.

#16: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 am
    —
Stalingrad for Pitf is already begun. Not a conversion but a new mod! Wink

#17: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:40 pm
    —
DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Then......

PITF is LSA Enginnery with new Graphics???

Not be difficult to port old Mod for PITF

(Manoi-Dima)if you need help you know where I am Wink

Maybe you can help Manoi with Stalingrad.

An East Front equivalent for PiTF would be outstanding. Especially, if it too, could be used as a basis for other East Front mods.

But these are beeg projects, and we will see eh.  Question

I am probably speeking for myself, but I just think it wouldn't be too neat, if the old CC5 mods just got ported over to PitF. It would be the preverbial "pig in a fur coat" thing.

@Manoi

[cough, cough]

#18: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:22 pm
    —
Yep

The pixel per meter scale is important for convertion from old CC to to PitF.
Maybe the value is set in a basefile ouitside the hard coded exe?
Or something as easy as that would be preferd.

Anyone knows?  

/S

#19: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:41 pm
    —
Speaking of pigs in fur coats ...

It took me about 2 seconds to figure out if I was going to get PitF or not. Maybe when it gets down under 20 bucks.

For moi, I just do the ultimate poor man's mod, and I want everyone to know it was finished prior to the release of PitF.

I just use the same old maps that have been floating around for a decade and just pretend they are maps of the Mortain area.  Idea

Load the mission up with Panthers and ... oh ya ... pretend there is fog too.  Laughing

#20: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:49 pm
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):
Stalingrad for Pitf is already begun. Not a conversion but a new mod! Wink

Wow! Great news! Good luck...and don't take too long  Wink

#21: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:50 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

It took me about 2 seconds to figure out if I was going to get PitF or not. Maybe when it gets down under 20 bucks.

For moi, I just do the ultimate poor man's mod, and I want everyone to know it was finished prior to the release of PitF.

I just use the same old maps that have been floating around for a decade and just pretend they are maps of the Mortain area.  Idea

Load the mission up with Panthers and ... oh ya ... pretend there is fog too.  Laughing

Why pretend? Just turn down the contrast of your monitor...and you're set!  Laughing

#22: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm
    —
About the fog, would it not better to just dropp that effect and instead have a "its fog weather icon" someware at the ingame screen. Perhapps in upper right or left corner... ?
Or perhapps starting the battle and deploy at a foggy map, and then the fog fades away during the first 15 secunds, (with a fog icon in on the screen just to remind)?

/S

#23: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm
    —
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):

Why pretend? Just turn down the contrast of your monitor...and you're set!  Laughing

Thanks, I didn't think of that.

Also, glad you are back.  Exclamation

@ Stalky.

Yes, anything you mentioned would be better.

Well, until the next Christmas sale, I guess I will have to make do with the itty bitty maps and tanks.  Arrow

#24: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm
    —
But since the topic here is STALINGRAD.  Confused

I wonder if Manoi, has ever considered porting this mod to CCMT. I would love that. The Stalingrad maps are first class.

And there is already German and Russin voices in CCMT.  Exclamation  Laughing

[slaps face] OK, I was dozing off there thinking about Stalingrad in CCMT.  Question

I guess, I will have to stick with West Front, too bad.  Crying or Very sad

#25: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm
    —
I have never tried CCMT... I think that few people still play Close Combat but for CCMT you must be the last one? no? Wink

#26: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 pm
    —
Correct  Exclamation

I AM STWA, last of the CCMT users.  Exclamation [theme music from last in the Mohicans]

But I can tell you for sure, CCMT is way superior to the other versions that came out in the re-releases.

Why be stuck with just a few maps, when you can have hundreds of them using the same system?  Laughing

Why be stuck with silly point systems or off the wall forcepools that no one can understand?  Laughing

Why be stuck with a mission editor that can't change the coordinates of a Victory location?  Shocked

Until your game has a replay feature, you will still be guesing about what the AI actually does. A decade of guessing, hmmm.  Laughing

With CCMT, you can have woodland, desert, and winter camo schemes for ye vehicles, without having to exit and launch a different CC game title.  Laughing

And best of all, you won't have to be explaining away the riduculous abstractions created in the campaign game.  Laughing

Just my humble opinion ... oui?

Oh, and the reason the tanks are at point blank range is because of the fog.  Arrow

#27: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 pm
    —
Manoi,

How is PiTF going to make things any better than this.  Question

And I am guessing the trees aren't right.  Question

So is there a workbook for Stalingrad mod.  Idea

#28: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm
    —
STWA, good comments on how hard converting a mod to PiTF would be.
- in LSA (and thus also PiTF) all the old unused graphics from CC5 though TLD were dropped, sounds like a good idea idea until you have to find and delete the 400+ files
- in LSA (and thus also PiTF) the armour/gun calculation was changed to make it more consistent, good idea for new mods but all the old data has to be reviewed/updated without know exactly how the calculations were changed
- in LSA/PiTF all the buttons, icons, squad images, etc. all changed colors/sizes/etc.
- in LSA/PiTF the data files changed (the biggest being the fpools new format/method)
- in PiTF all the maps have to be redone
- then what new features do you want to take advantage (in LSA static BG’s, blowing bridges, river crossing points, etc.; in PiTF fog, ?, ?)

#29: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 pm
    —
STWA, on a roll in this thread.

Never understood why Atomic, Matrix, Slitherine, etc. when creating a new game add a few and then take away few things. If each release built on the past we would now have the best CC ever but we are always forced to make comprises. CCMT has features that can't be beat by the other CC games for sure; the editor, more than H2H multiplayer, recording a game, unlimited maps can be added for single battles, etc.

#30: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm
    —
Hi Tejszd,

Sorry for the ROLL. I don't know what got into me.  Shocked

I am sure PiTF is a great game, I just can't see my way off CCMT though. If I am going to continue to play the game, I guess this is what I will stay with.

I had high expectations for PiTF, and I think they were matched, but I still won't get the game. I dunno  Question

#31: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:10 pm
    —
Thanks for reminding! CCMT was built to support multiplayer up to what, 6 players? But then I have heard in reality its multiplayer is broken. So why don't we see anything done in terms of more-than-two-player multiplayer in the rereleases? It would be really cool if they actually made a CC which had a multiplayer option like that. Then it would be a new game and be actually worth the 50 bucks they ask now for the damn broken re-releases.

#32: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm
    —
Thanks,
I've started and it shouldn't be too bad.
The biggest issue I see is the Main Screen.

I was wondering if you had that file in a .psd layered format or if you had any other ideas?
The current button configuration just won't work with the original Main Screen.

#33: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 pm
    —
I will see but it would be surprising if I find anything back! 5 years ago, it is a long time... Wink

#34: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Correct  Exclamation

I AM STWA, last of the CCMT users.  Exclamation [theme music from last in the Mohicans]

Now we know... STWA is actually Will Smith   heh heh heh!

i-am-legend-STWA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  360.11 KB
 Viewed:  314 Time(s)

i-am-legend-STWA.jpg

#35: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 am
    —
By his choice of CC I'd say he's definitely Blind!  Laughing

#36: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:33 am
    —
Quote:
- in LSA (and thus also PiTF) the armour/gun calculation was changed to make it more consistent, good idea for new mods but all the old data has to be reviewed/updated without know exactly how the calculations were changed

Use the same data and i reckon no one will be able to tell the difference... if anything is picked up adjust it later

#37: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Thanks,
I've started and it shouldn't be too bad.
The biggest issue I see is the Main Screen.

I was wondering if you had that file in a .psd layered format or if you had any other ideas?
The current button configuration just won't work with the original Main Screen.

If you open CCimages and grab all the files that have the background image you should be able to create the main screen and cover the old button locations....

#38: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm
    —
Yea I did that early on and had imposed one image over top the other and found out that the button configuration looked to be different.

I was hoping to use the original UI graphics  and will do so for everything that fits WAR (Strategic Map needs minor adjustments) but it looks like the Main Screen will have to be something new.
I'm kinda leaning towards using The Barmaley fountain,so long as it doesn't interfere with whats being produced for PiFT?
Is anyone interested in lending a hand on that one .tga?  Very Happy

Stalingrad mainscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.06 KB
 Viewed:  264 Time(s)

Stalingrad mainscreen.jpg

mainscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.64 KB
 Viewed:  283 Time(s)

mainscreen.jpg

The Barmaley fountain.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.18 KB
 Viewed:  290 Time(s)

The Barmaley  fountain.jpg

#39: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Use the same data and i reckon no one will be able to tell the difference... if anything is picked up adjust it later

To start with, this is the best course, but you have to revise certain chunks of data substantially for LSA and beyond. When I portaged GJS from tLD to LSA it just didn't work right.  Things functioned somewhat for infantry vs infantry, but was a disaster in armor vs armor.  Had to revise all data using LSA metrics/worksheet as a base.  Don't know if others found the same to be true.

#40: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 am
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:

To start with, this is the best course, but you have to revise certain chunks of data substantially for LSA and beyond. When I portaged GJS from tLD to LSA it just didn't work right.  Things functioned somewhat for infantry vs infantry, but was a disaster in armor vs armor.  Had to revise all data using LSA metrics/worksheet as a base.  Don't know if others found the same to be true.

IMO it was a stupid decision from the devs of LSA to change the data calculations...why fix something that wasn't broken in the first place?
IIRC correctly...the decision was made so that battle results will be more 'realistic' (more wounded than KIA in the stats, the old system had unrealistic KIA stats according to the devs)...who cares??
What about PitF? From the battle stats...also more wounded than KIA...are the new data calculations from LSA used in the latest CC (with amazing 32 bit explosion effects)?

#41: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 am
    —
+1 for TT make a vet mod for Stalingrad...cool graphics Mike.  That fountain is maybe the most famous image of all-time for the whole East Front campaign.

Where is TT or Dreaded88 these days anyways?  Making graphics for Will Smith movies or the Hobbit part 2?   Very Happy

#42: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Yea I did that early on and had imposed one image over top the other and found out that the button configuration looked to be different.

I was hoping to use the original UI graphics  and will do so for everything that fits WAR (Strategic Map needs minor adjustments) but it looks like the Main Screen will have to be something new.
I'm kinda leaning towards using The Barmaley fountain,so long as it doesn't interfere with whats being produced for PiFT?
Is anyone interested in lending a hand on that one .tga?  Very Happy

It used to be in CC5 days, the main screen buttons themselves could be relocated using RTB Tool, but the exe file was changed and then had to part of the mod. The update notes for RTB tool as of version 2.21, claims it supports WAR (the CCE.exe).

If true, you can fix it in just a few minutes, without having to fetch new art. The X,Y coordinates for the buttons can be obtained by examining the CC5.exe in the Stalingrad mod, using the Screen Patch feature for the Main Screen. The downside is having to include CCE.exe in any mod, just to support the button changes?

So maybe not a good idea?

#43: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am
    —
Quote:
Things functioned somewhat for infantry vs infantry, but was a disaster in armor vs armor.  Had to revise all data using LSA metrics/worksheet as a base.  Don't know if others found the same to be true.

well, CC5 stock data is a disaster in armor vs armor though the majortiy of CC5 mods are using it Wink.

#44: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 am
    —
I'm not sure if the RTBTool has been updated with the last patch for WAR.

#45: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Dima PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 am
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):
I will see but it would be surprising if I find anything back! 5 years ago, it is a long time... Wink

wasn't that 7 years ago? Wink

#46: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:21 pm
    —
Very pleased!  That you All are come to the 'aid' of cc and each other.

Why?   Somewhere, it was said, that when folks do come together, NOTHING, is impossible for them. (in whatever! they are come together to do!)  Very Happy !

Of course that coming together 'above' was for a not so good thing that isn't the case here.  

So glad!  And CCMT with it's TEN player option is a super foundational rocking game! Plus!!!  :)

:D

Who knows!  Maybe CCMT might go on sale one day ~soon?~ and if promotional $Low-- enuf $$$, we could all get it... and actually try a Historic Game of TEN!  :D

Or... Matrix could continue to build on CCMT with more features and actually have a Super HIT! on their hands worthy of CC series.  :)

Who knows?  Very Happy

#47: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm
    —
IMHO the community should get the source code of the 2d games after introduction of 3d, so the players could improve and finally make that perfect CC platform for mods. And maybe do something about the AI as well, if it's at all possible.

Looking forward to this mod, in the meantime Smile.

#48: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm
    —
Muhahahaha  Exclamation

CCMT is on sale now for $19.99.

But as with all CC titles, my suggestion is to wait and get them when they are under $10.00. (i.e. $9.99).  Laughing

Meanwhile back to Mortain.  Arrow

#49: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
Thanks for reminding! CCMT was built to support multiplayer up to what, 6 players? But then I have heard in reality its multiplayer is broken. So why don't we see anything done in terms of more-than-two-player multiplayer in the rereleases? It would be really cool if they actually made a CC which had a multiplayer option like that. Then it would be a new game and be actually worth the 50 bucks they ask now for the damn broken re-releases.

Hi Crackwise,

Are you sure that MP is broken with CCMT?

Because I know we have used it here several years ago, I just cant remember if we used the exe that came with CCMT or the one that came with CC2 Redux.

#50: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 am
    —
I cant tell you all  how disapointed I was that Manoi didn't seem to have any interest in porting Stalingrad to CCMT.  Wink

So me thinks, I might do it. Only I will probably just clone the Germans and give them snappy Russian team names. Just kidding.  Exclamation

There are a few obsolete Russian light tanks in the CC5 vehicle set, so they can use those until I can find a nice T-34.

OMG  Exclamation The fog has lifted near Mortain.  Exclamation  Arrow

#51: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 am
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):

5 vs 5 thus 10 players
There were some stability problems but usually related to one of the players connections rather the exe itself. Also like Stwa said the CC2 redux mod for CCMT actually has a newer exe that was never released that has some fixes in it.

#52: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 am
    —
I got the Strategic Screen and the Scenario Editor Screen done.
Unfortunately I may put off doing the SEDAY01_000.tga - SEDAY25_003.tga for awhile and go with the stupid/ugly green ones.
Just a little bit more than what I want to do right now.
I also couldn't stay with the Theme of the UI graphics on the Bottom of the Scenario editor Screen by using the Brick lined bottom without having to redo a LOT of graphics so I just went with the Wood effect.
Sorry.

I'm also open to any ideas on the wording for the Mod.
Just seems stupid to me that it says WaR Stalingrad.

strategicscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.79 KB
 Viewed:  343 Time(s)

strategicscreen.jpg

scenarioeditorscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.86 KB
 Viewed:  356 Time(s)

scenarioeditorscreen.jpg

#53: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 pm
    —
Looking good, PM! Keep at it!  Very Happy

#54: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 pm
    —
I have all day today.
Been at it since 2am this morning.
The Images files is done,minus the button problem on the Main Screen.
I'm still hoping someone else wants to do a new Main Screen or that the RTBTool will work?
The ScrnGadg is done.
And currently working on the Gamegadg.
Data is 90% done.

I assume I should be done with importing the strategic map and the debrief screen by days end.

I could however use some help in remembering how to get the uniform colors in a text format.
Seems I've already forgotten that.
:(

P.S.
I'm not drinking today. Smile

Last edited by platoon_michael on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

#55: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:26 pm
    —
I could also use any/all help on how you want the Campaign.txt file to be.
As you know this option was not available for CCV.
Here is the one I'll be using so please feel free to help out.

Example's are but not limited to is support.
I have no idea what it should be set at.
Others are Score.
Redirection Chance
etc,etc,
Weather.
I wont be adding any Night Turns unless you want them but this is the most definitive Campaign.txt file for WAR at the moment.
File starts at the # sign.

Thank-You very much.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#########################################################################
# Campaign.txt defines campaign specific information (length, weather, etc.)
##########################################################################
# Campaign length, in days, max is 25
# Strategic turns per day (valid range 1-4)
# Allied 'home' direction (friendly rear that way. 0 = N, 1 = NE, 2 = E, 3 = SE, 4 = S, 5 = SW, 6 = W, 7 = NW)
# Axis 'home' direction
# Historical weather for each day (0 = Clear, 1 = overcast, 2 = light overcast, 3 = storm)
# Historical Axis score for each turn of each day, one line per day.
# "Score" is a precentage of victory for the Axis. Allied score = 100 - Axis score.
# Support Missions
# (Max/Min air values are used to generate random # missions for random
#  weather games. Value will be linear between min and max.)
# Allied artillery support for each day
# Allied naval gunfire support max. for each day
# Allied historical air support for each day
# Allied historical air resupply for each day
# Allied air strike maximum for each weather type (0-3) for non-historical weather
# Allied air strike minimum for each weather type (0-3) for non-historical weather
# Allied air resupply maximum (Clear weather only)
# Allied air resupply minimum (Clear weather only)
# Axis artillery support for each day
# Axis naval gunfire support for each day
# Axis historical air support for each day
# Axis historical air resupply for each day
# Axis air strike maximum for each weather type (0-3)
# Axis air strike minimum for each weather type (0-3)
# Axis air resupply maximum (Clear weather only)
# Axis air resupply minimum (Clear weather only)
# Misc. options / features
# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)
# Locked BGs (0 = unlocked, 1 = locked) Locked = player can not choose teams
# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)
# Number of days from start of op/camp Allied AB BGs are automatically in supply
# Number of days from start of op/camp Axis AB BGs are automatically in supply
# Allies suprised (on moves on turn 1) (0 = no, 1 = yes)
# Axis suprised (on moves on turn 1) (0 = no, 1 = yes)
# Allies redirect % chance for each day (0 = units not redirected)
# Axis redirect % chance for each day (0 = units not redirected)
# Allied air recon sighting % chance (clear weather only)
# Axis air recon sighting % chance (clear weather only)
# Allied ground recon sighting % chance
# Axis ground recon sighting % chance
# Allied parachute drop days (0 or 1) AB BGs arriving on maps with no off-map exit get random setup area(s)
# Axis parachute drop says
# Battle group 'base' battle plans:  Controls the default plan used by
# A given BG when opposed by a given enemy BG. Plans are:
# 0 = all out attack, 1 = limited attack, 2 = probing attack, 3 = defend, 4 = survive
# NOTE: The base plan will be refined based on commander aggression and
# situation, and may result in an actual battle plan +/-1 from base.
# Allied Infantry BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Recon BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Armor BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Armored Inf BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Parachute Inf BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Allied Engineer Inf BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Infantry BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Recon BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Armor BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Armored Inf BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Parachute Inf BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Axis Engineer Inf BG vs Allied infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG
# Auto-refresh FPs (ala stock CC4)
# Ability to Rest BGs (0 or 1)
# Base cohesion cost for movement (0-512)
# Base cohesion cost for combat (0-512)
# Base fatigue cost for movement (0-512)
# Base fatigue cost for combat (0-512)
# Night turn? 0 or 1 (for yes or no), one entry per day
# NOTE: diff-base support will overwrite the old stuff further up in campaign.txt, but old lines still needed for backward compatibility
# Allied diff-based arty support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Allied diff-based naval support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Allied diff-based air support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Allied diff-based air re-supply per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based arty support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based naval support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based air support per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Axis diff-based air re-supply per day (very weak – strong = 5 lines)
# Auto-add/remove teams to/from FPs on team type change? (0 = NO, 1 = YES)
# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
# Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)

#56: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

I cant tell you all  how disapointed I was that Manoi didn't seem to have any interest in porting Stalingrad to CCMT.  Wink

So me thinks, I might do it. Only I will probably just clone the Germans and give them snappy Russian team names. Just kidding.  Exclamation

There are a few obsolete Russian light tanks in the CC5 vehicle set, so they can use those until I can find a nice T-34.

OMG  Exclamation The fog has lifted near Mortain.  Exclamation  Arrow

I try to remember that in the past a port o CC5_Stalingrad to CCMT and I remember that it was not possible(one truth hurts Crying or Very sad )

Another idea would be PORT Real Red,GD or DOF,This really works 100%

While STWA........T-72 OPFOR moving towards PITF!

32-Bits???Uuummmm..Gadgetmunter....open...flip and save in 16 Bits...and WORK FINE!

MAINew.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.99 KB
 Viewed:  308 Time(s)

MAINew.jpg

BATTLEGroup.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.18 KB
 Viewed:  323 Time(s)

BATTLEGroup.jpg

STRATNew.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.14 KB
 Viewed:  324 Time(s)

STRATNew.jpg

#57: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 am
    —
DAK_Legion,

You need to stop wasting your excellent modding talents on the silly TLD conversion mods. Let platoon_michael do all the grunt work.  Wink  Laughing  

I suggest you proceed directly to CCMT to PiTF mod.  Wink

However, I do worry about you. All modding and no play is not always a good thing.  Razz

#58: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:49 am
    —
Nice find, DAK_Legion!
I tried gadgetmunger without luck...ending up with messed up tga files.
I will try again...thanks for the tip!

Edit: Tried again with no luck...how did you get gadgetmunger to work on the PitF gdg and pix files?

NowPlaying_0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.17 KB
 Viewed:  296 Time(s)

NowPlaying_0001.jpg

#59: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm
    —
For CCImages.pix:

I change all pictures at once

For .gdg:

not know it yet,tomorrow will try to investigate further.

I see the same that you comrade;))bad images as your screenshot

#60: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 am
    —
think some new modding tools are on the way soon...

#61: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 pm
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
think some new modding tools are on the way soon...

Thats true.

At the Matrix forum, McClaire hinted a new version of 5CC, and a new packer and unpacker.

#62: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm
    —
Yup...waiting for the new tools.
Just got impatient and was curious when DAK_Legion produced those screenshots of moded mainpages  Smile

#63: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm
    —
Hey comrade;)

Try with gadgetmunter to open ccimages.pix and replace mainscreen for a new screen and save in 16 bits and repack the ccimages.pix

now replace for the original

after you see your new screen!

no misthery.I don't have any new tool

or because you don't try other thing...

change a vehicle with rtbtool.

put a old vehicle of cc5 in a pitf tanks.azp

I changed a panther for the m1a2 abrams and work Fine!

try,try comrade!

matrix tools for pitf....maybe...in 2013 or 2014

#64: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm
    —
Cool,

DAK_Legion is good at R&D.

But, question. Wouldn't CCMT vehicles have to be scaled up for this PitF.  Question

If true, scaled up modern stuff is going to really look beeg.

And remember the map scale has a 4800 pixel map at about 600 meters, or so I thought.

#65: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm
    —
Plus another thing, that I wonder if the uppers here at CCS wouldn't mind addressing. I tried to mention this over at Matrix, but did not articulate well, so I will try again.

Since PitF has an enlarged visual scale and as I mentioned in the previous post, 4800 pixels = 600 meter, whereas before 4800 = 960 meters, I am wondering about the movement speed of the vehicles AND the soldiers.

I know on my system when I use the small soldiers mod, the smaller soldiers seem to move accross the map at a faster speed visually, since I assume the larger ones require more "effort" to display.  

If movement (i.e. the time it takes for a vehicle or a solder to travel 600 meters), has not be compensated for in any appreciable way from the last title (LSA), to PitF, then I could see some players are reporting that it takes forever to manuaver around the PitF maps, even though the maps represent mainly 600 meters is size.

If movement speed has not or cannot be made accurate, then the maps again, despite the scaling, may seem HUGE to the user, when in scale it is really not huge.

#66: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm
    —
You know, you might have pointed at a very important subject Stwa! Let's hear what the PitF players can share about this.

#67: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm
    —
hmmm... my experience is they seem to move incedibly slowly... so you may be right.

#68: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 pm
    —
I believe zon said basically the same thing over at Matrix. Just the larger sizes of everything, could make movement speeds slower.

And I have always wondered if movement speeds varied based on each users PC, or its capabilities.

#69: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:49 pm
    —
DAK_Legion,

I would consider your PitF-CCMT work as research and development, and for you at the moment completing the project is not the main goal.

You should try to identify what can or cannot be done with the tools you have now. In so doing you can identify what tools are needed. I am sure Mafi knows, but for any new modding projects, the sooner the community understands the problems associated with PitF modding, the better.

#70: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 am
    —
I sure hope southern_land and Manoi don't mind all this talk about PitF.

But since Manoi wants a Stalingrad for PitF mod, perhaps its ok.

Here is a pic of PitF. Does anyone see anything funny about it. Someone over at Matrix told me the beeg yellow tanks were Tiger Is which are ~12 feet wide.

I have also attached a tiny pic of the road. So the new map scale is 8 pixels = 1 meter, or so I thought I read over at Matrix. If true then I measure the paved road at 56 pixels or 7 meters or 23 feet. Am I wrong, or calculating wrong?

The road I measured was just to the right of the 2 story house, and this road area looks even more narrow that the part of the road where the Tiger Is are. All I can figure, is I am messin this up somehow?

#71: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:40 pm
    —
I order for this to be converted properly it would require a new strategic map,and possibly a new scenario editor screen.One that is larger in order that the Icons on the strat map and the scenario editor screen don't overlap.
That requires a little bit more than what I'm willing to do,so therefore I'm gonna have to pass on this.

Sorry

#72: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm
    —
thats a shame...maybe someone will pick it up!

#73: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 pm
    —
I'm disappointed too.

I can cut and stretch the image but it may end up looking blurry.
I'm hoping Manoi might have saved some stuff in a layered format but I doubt it.
He would be the 2nd person I know of to do that.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1