Bloody Omaha for TLD
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm
    —
Anyone have any bugs/feedback on Bloody Omaha for TLD?

I have fixed a few things with the 1st release;
- updated the mod to work with the last patch 5.50.14b
- created a separate icon file to use for the shortcut used for starting the mod
- fixed the background around the post battle debrief screen buttons; Battle and Campaign
- re-sized all the commander pics to the TLD standard size

#2: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

- fixed the background around the post battle debrief screen buttons; Battle and Campaign
- re-sized all the commander pics to the TLD standard size

It could save me a lot of time if you wanted to share the ScrnGadg.gdg for us to use in WAR.

Did you re-size the SEPOPUP_000.tga to be able to hold/use 25 teams?

And by the - fixed the background around the post battle debrief screen buttons; Battle and Campaign
Do you mean the DBCOHESION_000.tga and DBCOHESION_001.tga?

#3: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 pm
    —
Hi Tejszd, thanks for all your work on BO and Meuse (currently playing the latter and having a lot of fun).

I had experimented BO for TLD last year and posted my feedback on this thread. You had kindly replied but I do believe a couple of things should be improved/fixed:

- guns not fitting into large bunkers (esp. 88mm and IG 75)
- 37mm Pak gun not working
- inefficient indirect fire units (artillery oberservers, nebelwerfer, granatwerfers)

In addition to that, a few graphical improvements would be great:

- fixing the date/turn graphics
- importing the Sherman DD graphic from TLD to replace the CC5 one used in BO (don't know how to use RBTool myself).

#4: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:24 am
    —
platoon_michael,

- you can grab/use the Scrngadg.gdg file from the update....
- no I didn't increase the number of teams displayed (SEPOPUP_000.tga) since the mod does not need/use those extra spots
- no it was the actual battle, campaign & operation buttons/tabs background that I fixed

Amgot thanks for the link/reminder about your previous feedback and the points you made here.

#5: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: nikin PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

- updated the mod to work with the last patch 5.50.14b
where can I find this patch?

#6: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 pm
    —
Hello nikin,

Follow this link to the download of patch on Matrix site.........
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060832

As you will see its located in the private members club so you will need to join (which is free) and your game serial number to download and instal it.

Not sure where the updated Meuse file is now, it used to be on RD clansite, but I'm not sure which patch that one is for now. It used to be a stand-alone mod...not a mod swap one, I don't know if this has changed either.

Hope this is of some help to you mate.

Cheers

#7: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:43 am
    —
Meuse for TLD is still available on the RD clan site and is still the original v3.5 release.

Bloody Omaha for TLD is available here; http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html but does not work with the latest TLD patch from Matrix. The updated Bloody Omaha that I'm working on has not been released yet.

#8: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 am
    —
BO Changes:
- Added text to debriefscreen for morale & vl ownership
- Added the ability to rest BG's and cohesion/fatigue
- Added M4 Dozer new hull and wreck (thanks Dima!)
- Added a turret to the SDKfz 232 wreck
- Added Night turns (every 11th turn as the mod has 5 days with 2 turns to represent an actual day)
- Changed Artillery support icon to Naval support icon
- Changed support based on difficulty level
- Created a separate icon file to use for the shortcut for starting the mod
- Fixed debrief Battle, Operation and campaign buttons/tabs background
- Fixed operation and campaign screen cohesion bars showing as black only
- Re-sized all the commander pics to the TLD standard size
- Removed unsused BG icon for 2 / 352 from scenario editor as it not used (KG LEHR is used in the What If GC)
- Updated the mod to work with the last patch 5.50.14b

*** Note: the attached image is a jpg of the icon and not the .ico file ***

BOicon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.34 KB
 Viewed:  28570 Time(s)

BOicon.jpg

#9: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 pm
    —
Thanks for the work Tejszd!

Are you planning to add any more changes? And if not, is the updated mod available for download?

Cheers.

#10: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm
    —
Almost ready....

Here is a pic of the scenario editor screen with new date/time buttons, still need to update the strat date/time, with the same information....

Any feedback/thoughts on the time breakdown for each day

Date /Time / Turns
6 / 06:00 / turn 1 & 2 1.5 hrs ea. turn
6 / 09:00 / turn 1 & 2
6 / 12:00 / turn 1 & 2
6 / 13:00 / turn 1 & 2
6 / 16:00 / turn 1 & 2
6 / Night 21:00 to 06:00 / 1 turn 8 hrs

Additional info:
- sun rise was at 06:00
- US troops came ashore at 06:30
- sun down  was at 22:07

I could shift the start time to 06:30 to line up with the 1st wave at Omaha which will also help the last day turn 2 end (at 21:30 instead of 21:00) closer to sun down which is ~22:00 though after the 1st day I would bet the action started with sun rise....

Edit: Still want to look at the following points raised by players;
- guns not fitting into large bunkers (esp. 88mm and IG 75)
- 37mm Pak gun not working

BO SE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.34 KB
 Viewed:  592 Time(s)

BO SE.jpg

#11: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm
    —
Sounds good to me as it is.

Is is normal that  the night turn doesn't show on the Strat Screen pic?

#12: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm
    —
Night does not show on the scenario editor screen. It can be selected though for a single battle using the scenario settings button.

The current mod release does not have/use Night thus you will not see playing the current operations/campaigns.

#13: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:49 am
    —
Here is a pic of the strat layer with the new date/time and turn graphics (similar to what I did for Meuse1940)....

BO Strat Date Turn Change.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  205.46 KB
 Viewed:  530 Time(s)

BO Strat Date Turn Change.jpg

#14: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm
    —
Looks cool, it's just a little graphic detail but it adds much to the immersion IMO (in addition to making it easier to compare your progress with the historical timeline).

#15: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm
    —
The port over to WAR has Night Battles.

Does tLD not have the Night Battle effect period?
If it can support it you can use this Campaign.txt if you want.

UO0092.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  504.83 KB
 Viewed:  497 Time(s)

UO0092.jpg

Campaign.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Campaign.zip
 Filesize:  2.28 KB
 Downloaded:  487 Time(s)

#16: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Does tLD not have the Night Battle effect period?

Yes, TLD supports night. The original port by Shrecken though did not add features; "This conversion incorporates only changes that make BO compatible with CC:The Longest Day."

I've added night to the new TLD BO v1.4 release that will be coming out....

#17: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:04 pm
    —
Hey Tejszd, how are things going with the new BO version? Did you manage to find a satisfactory solution for the 88mm guns not fitting into bunkers (and any other issues you might have encountered while playtesting BO)?

#18: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:34 am
    —
For the 88mm I have tried to get the developer to respond because in CC5 the 88mm can be deployed in bunkers but I can not see a difference in the data to explain why it is being treated different in TLD.

Even if I do not get answer I'll shortly release a beta version to get a few more eyes/players testing it....

#19: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:11 am
    —
Hi Tejszd, I would be interested in getting my hands on the beta if it's ready! I might have some free time in the upcoming months and would be glad to playtest this baby in multiplayer.

#20: Re: Bloody Omaha for TLD Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:33 pm
    —
Bump!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1