First multiplayer game without LAG!!!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#1: First multiplayer game without LAG!!! Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am
    —
Hi guys,

Today I finally managed to play a very smooth multiplayer battle.  I had read on the Matrix forums that they had been working on the multiplayer lobby and it seems they have fixed the lag and long loading times issues at the moment. I also see people posting on the Matrix forum about playing multiplayer smoothly, which seem to agree with my result.

Let's hope they continue improving the other problematic features of the game at a quick pace as well.

Cheers,

Pzt_Crackwise

#2: Re: First multiplayer game without LAG!!! Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am
    —
common dude that's only half the story... who'd you play and who won?   Wink

#3: Re: First multiplayer game without LAG!!! Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 am
    —
Heheh   Smile

#4: Re: First multiplayer game without LAG!!! Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:32 pm
    —
To southern land:  I played the first battle of an OP with SGT Orion. I was the Americans and he was the Germans. It was the morning turn, hence there was the crappy fog thing.

One thing I can recommend at the moment is try to stay defensive when there is fog; especially with the tanks. The los comes and goes and you can think that you will have the los on the opponent's tank when you move your tank to a distinct position, but you may end not having los due to the fog.

Another thing is that panthers seem to be godlike in this game. It is very hard to bust them with shermans and even M10s don't succeed. I had set up a single player game where 1 Panther was pitted against maybe 5-6 shermans and 2-3 m10s at a range ca. 200m. The panther can take them out all head to head at the same time. I don't know if it makes sense at such a close range.

P.S. Needless to say that Orion was able to kick my ass having 4 uber Panther tanks against my 4 tin can Shermans Very Happy

#5: Re: First multiplayer game without LAG!!! Author: Von MansteinLocation: Santander (Spain) PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 am
    —
Yesterday I have play in MP, and de lobby stils working bad, lag, slowness, etc. I claim for the old system to connect directly via IP

#6: Re: First multiplayer game without LAG!!! Author: DizLoony PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm
    —
Panthers can be taken out easely. Shamefully admitting I lost two against M8-Greyhounds.
1 was knocked out at about 200 meters while it decided to pirouet instead of staying put and firing,
it exposed it sidearmor for a clean 90° angle shot to the puny 37mm..and got blown up with 1 hit.
My second took a flankshot earlier which  knocked out the gun, an mg and 2 crewmembers.
Later on it was angaged frontally, and my crew decided to bail. Damn M-8 greyhounds..who wouldv' taught.
Also, their optics arent that good either anymore. Most of their targets between 200-300 meters took around
8 shots to hit, in almost all cases, these where enemy tanks/vehicles that didnt move.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1