Battle of Berlin v1.0
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#21: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 am
    —
I do not agree, WAR,TLD and above all LSA are much better, of course, after a rearrangement.

I'm starting to collect data to make a worthy "desperate" german vetmod.

#22: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 am
    —
I suggest you should make your own full scale mod and then we can talk..

Mats

#23: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 am
    —
I agree with salhexe Sapa about WAR/TLD and LSA (though the effort to convert a mod to LSA is huge, better to start from scratch like Dima has told me multiple times)....

It is your choice if you mod or not again. But I did mean what I said about having some new options from WAR/TLD for BOB....

Is there any point in pointing out issues with BOB for CC5? Example the scenario editor icons (which I fixed adding the file to thread for anyone to use) or the pic below from the map Reitwein of a house coded as a field as a trench appeared on the house when I started men in it;

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

BOB Reitwein Map House Coded As Field.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.64 KB
 Viewed:  574 Time(s)

BOB Reitwein Map House Coded As Field.jpg

#24: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:43 am
    —
salhexe wrote (View Post):
I do not agree, WAR,TLD and above all LSA are much better, of course, after a rearrangement.

I'm starting to collect data to make a worthy "desperate" german vetmod.

In general, I would agree with this.

But some of the CC5 mods were meant to overcome the apparent limitations of CC5. To that end, the real modders, produced CC5 mods that are unique in their own respects, and do not FIT the general assesment that TLD is better than CC5.

TLD may be better than CC5, but TLD BOB may or may not be better than CC5 BOB.

As futher proof, look how long Cathartes has been working on GJS version for LSA.

Then you might have the issue that PitF is better than LSA which is better than TLD which is better than or the same as WAR which is better than CC5 which is better than CC4 which is better than CC3.

#25: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:46 am
    —
Oh,

I am very interested in the vehicle set southern_land displayed.

I don't get around much, but I was wondering where these came from and whether they are a mod or not, or how I might be able to use them.

#26: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm
    —
Tejszd (you have been one of my heroes) that have be involved in the Beta testing of the latest releases including Panthers in the Fog with all their stupidnes are puting up pictures of a mod that have been made by two persons (me and Southern_Land with the maps) and have opinions about some errors!

This work was made without any costs for anyone here during a time in my life with small childrens and a angry wife...

Yes it has a lot of misstakes but so has the games that you have been tested and is some kind of commercial spokesman for..right?

I suppose you have got a free copy of them all for your "testing work"? didnt you see the fog? didnt you see that the mortars was hitting 90 % of the time? didnt you see that "girls" made you click with your mouse 500 times? didnt you see that the vehicles didnt move the way you wanted? Didnt you think of that when you played the singleplayer nothing happend because the AI didnt attack?

Thankyou for fixing the new BoB! It was a great job!

This is my last post ever in this forum! Good luck with Close Combat in 3D..please dont forget to test it this time...

Mats

#27: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm
    —
Sorry for ticking you off Mats/Sapa....

Just wanted to know if you wanted the feedback for either the CC5 and or TLD versions of the mod to fix/improve things still as I still see them as your baby...

#28: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: df123 PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 pm
    —
Is there another download link for this?

#29: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 am
    —
I get 404 when I click the link, does anyone else experience this?

#30: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:39 pm
    —
Hi ALL!

Now this mod is available here.............

http://174.132.189.130/~mooxe/Hosted/dak_legion/

THANKS MOOXE!

#31: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm
    —
Dak did I fix your FTP logins?

#32: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 am
    —
Thank you very much for updating the download links! Much appreciated!

#33: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Aetius PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 pm
    —
I would like to play this mod on WAR (since ii don't own TLD) IIRC any mod on TLD would also work on WAR.
Is there a guide  how you can change the  installation to WAR?

Thanks in advance

#34: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 pm
    —
Just direct the path to WAR

#35: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 am
    —
Hi Platoon_Michael,

Thanks for the info.

I've directed the path to WAR, install was OK, game runs but the soviets speak english (with native language) enabled.

I'll check if i can find the rusvoices file.

#36: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:20 pm
    —
Download link..........

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/dak_legion/

#37: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:08 pm
    —
Hi everyone !

Sorry for the up, but I have some troubles too !
After having a lot of fun with the Meuse mod, my friend and I decided to switch to this BoB mod. We had the exact same problem in single battles (with the reading of wreck.azp), in H2H games it seems that this issue is avoided.

However we've noticed that the Katyusha vehicles and some heavy self-propelled mortars are not well displayed on the battlefield. For example with the Katyusha, instead of having the vehicle with 3 crew members, we have a 3 soldier squad team (one of them is actually able to launch rockets ^^). And when we want to use them anyway, their status is "CANT SEE".

May be some files are missing ? We took the BOB file in the link below :)

Thanks in advance for your help !

KATYUSHA.jpg
 Description:
Katyusha issue
 Filesize:  398.34 KB
 Viewed:  503 Time(s)

KATYUSHA.jpg

#38: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:34 pm
    —
I've seen that some units icons are displayed with a radio on it, may be these units are Katyusha/mortar operators on the battlefield, calling for rocket support ?  Embarassed

#39: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 pm
    —
I think that maybe the case... Haven't tried it myself before. I think that you're right though, that it is a Katyusha operator.

#40: Re: Battle of Berlin v1.0 Author: Flyingkiki PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 pm
    —
I started an operation and I think it is.
When I order them to "Fire", the orange shooting line appears. If the target isn't in their visual range, the orange is darker and the status become "CANT SEE" and they keep sleeping in the grass. When they actually can see their target the orange line is brighter and the Katyusha orgues start singing their hell song !
Moreover if a squad commander has got this special ability too, even if the shooting line is green and if the target is on sight, it will call rockets or mortar shells. This is so powerful !  Shocked

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 4