Recommend Me A CC Game
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: omnimirage PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:23 am
    —
I went to go play CC2 again, and discovered that LSA had been released. I haven't been able to get into LSA, frankly CC2 seems better. I like playing as the Germans, but the Allied AI is a little bit ridiculous, it barely even attacks! And accepts truces when it has a clear edge in situations where it's paramount to advance! And most of the time I'm sitting around waiting for them to actually advance. I was hoping to find a German Vet mod, but had no luck.

I haven't played it for long, perhaps it'll get better. Anyone wanna recommend what to do? I almost just reinstalled CC2 again.

#2: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:21 am
    —
Make sure that you;
- have applied the beta patch CC-LastStandArnhem-Update-v56053b.exe
- are playing as the Allies as it is their job to attack (in CC releases the AI has always done a better job defending)
- are playing as Elite or Veteran and the AI is Recruit

The game will get more intense later as your BG's get weaker and you have less to attack or defend with. Every man you carry over to the next battle might be the difference....

#3: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: AlberianLocation: IJlst PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm
    —
omnimirage wrote (View Post):
I went to go play CC2 again, and discovered that LSA had been released. I haven't been able to get into LSA, frankly CC2 seems better. I like playing as the Germans, but the Allied AI is a little bit ridiculous, it barely even attacks! And accepts truces when it has a clear edge in situations where it's paramount to advance! And most of the time I'm sitting around waiting for them to actually advance. I was hoping to find a German Vet mod, but had no luck.

I haven't played it for long, perhaps it'll get better. Anyone wanna recommend what to do? I almost just reinstalled CC2 again.

I really don't understand the mind of people playing vs. Artificial 'Intelligence'.

There is absolutely no challenge in fighting the AI (in most games and certainly not) in Close Combat. Gentlemen no matter what CC version you play, the AI will suck! Get over it.

Luckily this does not pose a problem at all since these days it is possible to play CC Human to human. Since this technological breaktrough called the internet there is really no reason left to 'play' against a computer. (other then testing purposes.)

The only right recommendation for omnimirage therefore is: Stop wasting your life with pointlessly shooting wave after wave of cannon fodder and instead start playing a challenging CC game against a human opponent. To be able to do this you only need Gameranger and need to install CC5 in combination with the modifications gjs and trsm found on this website.

Kind regards,

Alberian

#4: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:29 pm
    —
If you are playing CC2... make the AI 'Very Strong' and you 'normal' or less in the Custom Scenario before you start.

If you are playing CC5... try Stalingrad Der Kessel or Operation Circle as Germans.
You can also tinker with the settings to make the AI more competitive in other mods.
Stalingrad is a fun one as Germans.

Lately I have been enjoying regular Stalingrad (with Real Vlad sub-mod), GJS with Allied vetmods, Karelia-2, and Operation Circle.  Cool

Alot of fun playing the smaller Operations too.

#5: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:23 am
    —
+1 for not playing against AI
H2H is worlds better, install cc5 or above and join the fight on game ranger.

imho... good old cc5 is still best version, matrix are hopeless

#6: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:52 am
    —
mikwarleo wrote (View Post):
+1 for not playing against AI
H2H is worlds better, install cc5 or above and join the fight on game ranger.

imho... good old cc5 is still best version, matrix are hopeless

imho cc5 is that pink fluffy toy in your avatar (except it's not fighting off the mutt, secretly its enjoying it)

#7: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:01 am
    —
that pink fluffy toy symbolises my opponents ;)

whats better than cc5 iyho?

#8: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 pm
    —
Funny how the same ones always pop up when someone ask about settings for the AI when playing on your own... about playing H2H  Rolling Eyes  .

Playing humans is more competitive than playing the AI... EVERYBODY gets it.

Playing the AI one doesn't have to deal with rudeness, time constraints, real life, gamey opponents hell bent on winning, etc.  Sometimes it is better IMO. I happen to LOVE both.

#9: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 pm
    —
I think for H2H you can't do better than COI/cc3.    There are a shitload of maps, many reasonably well balanced and if you pick the right times you can balance your forces

"Playing the AI one doesn't have to deal with rudeness, time constraints, real life, gamey opponents hell bent on winning, etc"

I once played a game on line of CC5 where the other guy hosted, he selected a user scenerio... fort Roul (big ass hill with a fort) with him defending with a US armoured BG and me attacking with a 3rd rate german infantry group where my best weapon was a 75 IG.  My reply was "you're fucking joking, right?"

#10: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm
    —
Yeah. Stuff like that and the mysterious 'crash' just as you are pummeling the opponent or about to get that last VL  Rolling Eyes  .

#11: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: AlberianLocation: IJlst PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm
    —
dgfred wrote (View Post):
Yeah. Stuff like that and the mysterious 'crash' just as you are pummeling the opponent or about to get that last VL  Rolling Eyes  .

haha so true, but that doesn't change that the AI is really nothing more then cannon fodder:P

#12: Re: Recommend Me A CC Game Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:51 pm
    —
Hey... I like cannon fodder.  Wink  I don't like being cannon fodder tho  Wink  .

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1