TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm
    —
Meuse Crossing 1940 for The Longest Day has been added to the download library here.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4199

#2: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe!!!

#3: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 am
    —
Cool thanks Mooxe

#4: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 am
    —
HAZAR!

#5: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: AlberianLocation: IJlst PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm
    —
Yes, i love this mod

#6: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:01 am
    —
The French are speaking German.. Is there no French voices?

#7: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 am
    —
Yes, there are French voices when playing as the French....

Just tested playing as the French with the Native Language confirmed on and heard French. Playing with it off I heard English with a bad accent.

Under Options on the General tab in the Language Options do you have Soldiers Speak: Native Language?

Edit: Just tested playing German and heard German and English with a bad accent (different than the French bad English accent)

#8: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:59 am
    —
Mooxe,

Can you check in the \Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\LocalFX and make sure you have;
- EFRVox.sfx
- FRVox.sfx
- GEvox.sfx

#9: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 am
    —
Just downloaded the file from CCS using the link above and installed the mod and I get French voices....

#10: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
    —
Maybe someone could add some of these taunts to the English "accent" voice files.  Arrow

Link

#11: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Amgot PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm
    —
French voices work fine on my install too.

#12: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 pm
    —
I suppose they work fine, I just wasnt aware of what settings to be on, or was familair with them....

My GC vs the AI is over I think. Its only day two, finished my last morning battle and game crashed. I tried to play the save game but get "Out Of Memory" error each time which crashes back to desktop. Thought it may have been memory, so rebooted and same thing.

#13: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 am
    —
Do you have the latest TLD patch applied? If not try that.

If yes, please post your saved and I'll see if I can get it looked at.....

#14: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:34 am
    —
Yah here it is... and yes patched up.

vs FRENCH.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  vs FRENCH.rar
 Filesize:  287 Bytes
 Downloaded:  735 Time(s)

#15: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:35 am
    —
Just noticing file size now. Regular saved GCs are 1.5megs give or take. This saved GC is now only 8Kb, and 287bytes rar'ed. I am gonna assume 100% corrupted.

#16: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 am
    —
Definitely not the right size.... Haven't seen any corrupt saves since installing "CC-TheLongestDay-Update-55014b.exe" myself.... The CCE.exe should be dated March 8/2012?

#17: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 am
    —
Yup, 8/2012. Well its beyond salvagable now anyways...

#18: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 am
    —
H2H GC tonite. Had an airstrike crash CC5 style. German airstrike launched against three french teams. Two inf and one AT gun. They all died on my screen, but opponent crashed out before he could see it. Both patched up.

#19: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 am
    —
Thanks for the feedback Mooxe!

I have had 2 other air strikes causing a crash report but was for the French; doesn't seem to be a pattern. I think your right that at least one of the CC5 air strike/morale crash causes must still exist. Who was the host?

I've sent your saved game on and I'll do the same with your detail about the H2H crash I'll do the same with....

#20: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 am
    —
I was hosting.

#21: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 am
    —
how are you finding the balance H2H mooxe?

#22: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am
    —
Its pretty early but theres a few things I have learned..

I do find Pz4s very vulnerable to all armoured cars with guns (not mgs), and all ATG and inf guns. Rarely leave a fight with an unscathed Pz4. They get immo'd, main gun lost, damage or crew lost. Which is just fine with me, just very different from other experiences.

I seen your other thread about increasing the size of Dinant. The first thing I thought of was GC balance. Mainly because bigger maps take more days to to capture which in turn slow down the forward momemtum of a GC for the attacker. It would equal more casualties earlier on.. assuming many of the maps are being increased.

However... with TLD and maybe LSA and who knows what other version... you have the "fixed" disband rules. So BGs can be cut down to size much quicker if you cut off and disband.

There hasn't much talk of any of the re-release GC balancing with the fixed rules.

Too be honest... I wish we had more stock short ops and GCs. Not specifically about Meuse because theres a bunch that look great... this is just in general. How many GCs have people finished H2H or vs AI? Very very few, they take way to long, particularly online. Each mod and version do have them... but it seems like one side was meant to win. Just for example the Meuse H2H GC is eight days, with 3 turns per day except the 1st. You have 20 strategic moves, and lets say you have eight BGs in action. Ballpark worst case scenario, 160 battles at 30minutes a piece, not including setup and all that. Thats a hell of a lot!

#23: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
However... with TLD and maybe LSA and who knows what other version... you have the "fixed" disband rules. So BGs can be cut down to size much quicker if you cut off and disband.

I think once Tejzed gets the 64 map version of Meuse running the scope to create pockets will be infinitely greater than any other mod/game at the moment

I've played a great portion of the current 44 map meuse GC (to the french collapse and beyond) about 3 times plus another three shorter trials aghainst the AI during testing and not one evolved the same.  With 64 maps and probably the same or similar BG quantities I imagine it could be vastly different in H2H

#24: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
H2H GC tonite. Had an airstrike crash CC5 style. German airstrike launched against three french teams. Two inf and one AT gun. They all died on my screen, but opponent crashed out before he could see it. Both patched up.

The feedback I got about H2H and air strike crashes is that can happen if the data files aren't identical, any chance that was the case????

Edit: you did ask if the French voices were missing??? Wonder if the installer is not properly unpacking and placing all the files everytime??? As there is one other person that posted here at CCS about getting an error which usually indicates missing or wrong files battles or maps....

Here is the number of files, folders and size of the Meuse mod directory right after installation;

Meuse Fresh Install.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.5 KB
 Viewed:  421 Time(s)

Meuse Fresh Install.jpg

#25: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am
    —
Was the airstrike near the edge of the map.

there was a reported and supposedly fixed issue with airstrikes landing off map and causing a crash.

If it was near centre of map then it is another issue.

#26: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm
    —
The airstrike was on the edge of map.

#27: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 am
    —
Bazinga!

#28: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Bazinga!

I think at this point you should just change your name and start all over on the forums.

Cause nothing "Pisses me Off" worse then watching you make an about face on the bugs that are in the re-releases.
When you so adamantly stood behind them in the beginning.

You were on that Team,you were the Face of that Team.
And now all of a sudden your changing your tune.
What the hell happened that now all of a sudden your posting like we have for so long?

#29: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Bazinga!

I think at this point you should just change your name and start all over on the forums.

Cause nothing "Pisses me Off" worse then watching you make an about face on the bugs that are in the re-releases.
When you so adamantly stood behind them in the beginning.

You were on that Team,you were the Face of that Team.
And now all of a sudden your changing your tune.
What the hell happened that now all of a sudden your posting like we have for so long?

No, i was removed from that team with no explanation.

I hada  schedule in place for updates and bug fixes for waR and Modern Tactics.

less than half of WaR's fixes were implemented, with a lot of community input including stalky,and none of CCMT's, despite my protestations.

i had nothing to do with tLD, my position was taken over by PROJECT LEAD
Jim Martin (RD_Odball)

#30: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 am
    —
Had another airstrike crash. It was near the edge of the map, not as close as my last crash post though. I'll just avoid edge of map airstrikes now.

#31: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:52 am
    —
Thanks for the posting the feedback Mooxe, was this last air strike crash near the map edge H2H again?

#32: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 am
    —
Near yes.

#33: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: rom7 PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:05 pm
    —
First of all, cheers for this fabulous mod  Smile But, check this out; Knight Cross for 4 kills?

#34: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:56 pm
    —
Four kills and captured VLs.

#35: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 am
    —
It would be interesting to hear from Steve (Matrix CC developer) if medal awards are based only on the last battle or are cumulative....

#36: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:17 am
    —
I've wondered about that too as I don't understand how my Calliope got a MOH for kills far lower than some German Tanks.
FYI-The Calliope I have has seen many,many Battles.

Very good news to see a re-released Mod hosted here.
Thanks Mooxe/Tejszd.

#37: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:12 pm
    —
Here is a little preview of TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 v4.0.

The biggest change will be a new 64 map strat layer with 20 more Southernland maps  Very Happy

Meuse New Strat 2013 12 29.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.75 KB
 Viewed:  436 Time(s)

Meuse New Strat 2013 12 29.jpg

#38: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 am
    —
Looks good Darren, hows progress?

#39: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):

The biggest change will be a new 64 map strat layer with 20 more Southernland maps  Very Happy

Looks great, is the black line the starting line?

No Sedan map? - just suburbs.

Will the German goals be located in the west to simulate Guderian's right turn after crossing the river?

How many nights of my life next year will this cost me?

Where is my TLD disc?  Cool

#40: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 pm
    —

Shocked  great!

#41: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 pm
    —
Southernland progress is very slow....

Pvt_Grunt,

The black line is the border between Belgium and France, the French units did not cross the border until the Germans attacked Belgium.

For Sedan you are right it is the 3 suburbs and not the city itself on the strat layer as the German attack was around the city and not through it.

I'll have to review the value of the individual maps, determined by the number and value of each individual maps VL's, to make sure the highest value maps are the west and east edges of the strat layer. Note the German right turn started a bit more west than depicted on the new strat layer.....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

#42: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:09 pm
    —
Tejszd,

WOW!!! You Modgods are true artists of the highest caliber (no pun intended) as a true artist is never satisfied with his creations. The attention to detail you modders put into your work is tremendous and awe-inspiring. And now I get to see an upgrading to a version 4 for Meuse with even more maps and more time spent by me on finishing the scenario. I LOVE IT!!! No wonder I am addicted since I have all these mods available which in a sense makes the original purchase of the game many years ago go up in value many times over.  Very Happy

#43: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 am
    —

I'll have to review the value of the individual maps, determined by the number and value of each individual maps VL's, to make sure the highest value maps are the west and east edges of the strat layer. Note the German right turn started a bit more west than depicted on the new strat layer.....

It's a tough one to try and "steer" the players toward the historical victory. I do try to capture the enemy depots and garrison them with my strongest (usually armoured) BG.

Maybe it's best to just place the French supply depots and let the players do the rest. After all it's the Meuse crossing mod, not the Dunkirk mod -  "YET".

#44: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Amgot PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:30 pm
    —

Looks stunning, and a neat improvement over the previous strat map!

#45: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:15 pm
    —
Hello all,
I just recently played the TLD version of this in single player, and can highly recommend it. I would imagine this would be a brilliant game to play H2H, but as there's very few people around on game ranger now I decided I'd give it a try in Single. To start with I tried playing as French, but that wasn't too successful so I switched after a couple of day to German and played the full game, which was one of the best I've had in SP mode ( I usually give up after a few days as it gets a bit boring ). However this mod was different, the AI actually fought back at times and with a little tweaking could put up a stout defence.

I suggest to anyone considering this to try it using these tweaks:-

Play as German side, as the AI defends better than it attacks.
Use a setting so that the French have an advantage in number.
After the first line of maps (the German supply depots are cleared) limit the number of changes you make to your BGs to one or two units, this will make it harder to overrun the French guns with your armour.
When the French opposition BG contains artillery observers, make sure that one present, these can compensate for the sporadic use the AI makes of its barrages and Air Strikes, as it seems somehow to recognise and use these units often to good effect.
If things seem to be moving too fast, accept truces when the AI offers them.

While these will indeed slow down your rapid advance they do make for a far more enjoyable game and one that will give you the occasional headache :)

Thank you very much for this mod and for the wonderful maps within it, I look forwards to the 64 map version with pleasant anticipation.

Cheers
Ronson

#46: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51 pm
    —
I just installed this mod and it looks great. I want to edit the campaign file in Battle group 'base' battle plans and I don't know who are the ALLIES and who is the AXIS in campaign file because in alsteam and axsteams they are reversed from normal TLD. Tejszd, could you help me?

#47: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:26 am
    —
Hi Wallach79,

The sides are reversed from the file names as that was required in CC5 to reverse the direction the sides attack/defend on the strat layer and was not changed back when I moved it to TLD.

#48: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm
    —
Hi Wallach79,

The sides are reversed from the file names as that was required in CC5 to reverse the direction the sides attack/defend on the strat layer and was not changed back when I moved it to TLD.

Hi Tejszd,

I understand that but my question was about campaign file which is specifically to TLD. In this file I see the line, for instance Allied Infantry BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG 0,1,1,1,0,0.

This mean Allied infanttry is in fact German infantry?

#49: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: leviath PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:17 am
    —
Hi, any progress for the 4.0 version or new things to show ? I like this mod !

#50: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 am
    —
wallach79 wrote:

Hi Tejszd,

I understand that but my question was about campaign file which is specifically to TLD. In this file I see the line, for instance Allied Infantry BG vs Axis infantry, recon, armor, armored infantry, paratroop, and engineer BG 0,1,1,1,0,0.

Yes, in campaign.txt when it states Allied it is actually Axis/German.

Edit: after looking at these they should be edited as the TLD game designer had the Axis side being very aggressive which in Meuse is the French due to side change made in CC5

#51: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 am
    —
Meuse v4.0 will be for LSA but progress is extremely slow due to the amount of changes req'd;
- every BG icon in the editor
- every unit picture
- the forcepool data
- color and or resizing UI buttons

#52: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: RD_TG_JagerLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:52 pm
    —
Tejszd,

Love playing the Meuse mod on TLD looking forward to your 4.0 release on LSA. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Tom

#53: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 am
    —
wallach79 wrote:

Yes, in campaign.txt when it states Allied it is actually Axis/German.

Edit: after looking at these they should be edited as the TLD game designer had the Axis side being very aggressive which in Meuse is the French due to side change made in CC5

Ok. Indeed I edited my campaign file for playing as French vs German AI even before reading your answer because I thought so but I wanted to be sure.

One bug if you want that I noticed was that Dinant map where Rommel 7th Pz Div attacked has a single bridge with explosives at the middle. With a few mortar shots the French player can end any possibility for Germans to cross. I know that the Germans crossed at Dinant and also for playing the game would be good to remove the explosives from that bridge in your next version.

Otherwise, very well done mod. Congrats!

#54: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:36 am
    —
For Dinant the road bridge was blown by the French on May 12 at 4:20 pm (picture below) and Germans crossed to the North of the city (picture of an updated Dinant map for Meuse v4.0 below).

Dinant Updated.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  565.74 KB
 Viewed:  481 Time(s)

Dinant Updated.jpg

Dinant Bridge Blown.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  236.11 KB
 Viewed:  415 Time(s)

Dinant Bridge Blown.jpg

#55: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: wallach79 PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm
    —
I wanted to say that the Germans crossed at Dinant, not on main bridge but on a pontoon bridge. In current version there is only the main bridge with explosives, so on this map I saw no action in my campaign after I hit the bridge by chance (I even didn't know about explosives) with a few mortar rounds.

From what a saw in your future map it's good that in the new version will be an improvised bridge in north but I think for the game would be better a pontoon bridge with possibility for vehicle to cross. Otherwise, will be hard for AI and even for human player to cross on this map without bringing armour on the other shore.

#56: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 pm
    —
Dinant looks much better, bigger. The Germans seem less likely to get trapped on the other side.

Agreed with Wallach above.

#57: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Pzt_Decoy PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:01 pm
    —
Hello all,

I recently started playing the Meuse mod for TLD H2H.

But I noticed the Germans can not reinforce there Bg's and that is a serious handicap for them.

Does anyone know how or if the Germans get any reinforce option for there Bg's?

Thanks !

#58: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm
    —
The Germans (or the French) do not get the reinforce button/option in Meuse mod.

The quantities for guns and tanks should be fairly consistently reduced per division for both sides and then spread across the number of BG's so the Germans do have more guns/tanks and support while the French have an advantage in infantry.

Some unique and very limited quantity items were divided by 2 or 3 instead of the standard 6 used so they could still be in the game. The reason for dividing by 6 was so that you do have to manage/watch the supply of guns/tanks in the GC.

As the German player you need to push forward against the initial tough French Calvary BG's so that the follow up German BG's can get into the campaign. Then break through the French infantry BG's to capture some maps and surround some of them (as supply the rules in TLD work properly) before French reinforcements show up....

Having said the above it is possibly the GC is not perfectly  balanced for H2H play as the amount of feedback/results has been low and the age old question of the historical situation vs game play.

#59: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:29 am
    —
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc02Yz5Rlcw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKxcH02TLlM

For those of you wondering how it is to play, trying to win GC with French.

#60: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:37 am
    —
It would have been a great mod.. I am deeply disappointed. I tried the campaign twice and if you don't manually save, It locks you out of a random ending battle via a "Loading..." screen and hangs then proceeds to delete all your progress during the campaign when you start Meuse mod back up to continue with it. This happened to me twice half way through 2 grand campaign tries. I'll be damned if I have to start a new campaign for a 3rd time because of that bullshit. Time I don't want to spend on it. Better luck next time. BTW I was winning as French. Re testing.

Last edited by vobbnobb on Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#61: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 am
    —
Have to ask what version of TLD you are running on vobbnobb as I have not seen that since v5.50.14b was released on Mar. 14/2012 with the following fixes;

Fixed several issues that could cause a crash at the end of a battle, possibly resulting in the loss of the saved game file.

Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong battle group to be penalized with a 1-2 team loss if the last battle in a turn ended by force morale failure.

Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.

Several minor changes to battle group default team selection to adjust the AI’s default choices to be the same or similar given the new team values.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060832

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total

#62: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:22 am
    —
TLD 5.50.14b

When I minimize Meuse it says WAR on the windows bar, not TLD.

meuse.png
 Description:
how it looks in windows search
 Filesize:  11.82 KB
 Viewed:  518 Time(s)

meuse.png

#63: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:40 am
    —
Since your running the mod under WAR, it needs to be v4.50.15 released on Feb. 20/2015 which fixes the following;

- Fixed several issues that could cause a crash at the end of a battle, possibly resulting in the loss of the saved game file.

- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong battle group to be penalized with a 1-2 team loss if the last battle in a turn ended by force morale failure.

- Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.

- Several minor changes to battle group default team selection to adjust the AI’s default choices to be the same or similar given the new team values.p

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3806540

#64: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:43 am
    —
Thanks much man, had WAR v4.50.14... Will try it again. How do you stay on top of all these cc updates? That official one was 3 months ago and I missed it!

#65: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:39 am
    —
- Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.
what does that mean?

Upgraded to v4.50.15

Hmm you know...

I noticed WAR soldiers would shoot a little better now than previous version..

#66: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:52 am
    —
I believe it refers to value a squad is given on BG screen which are calculated by exe.

The points/values in WAR/TLD for each unit/side is displayed but not enforced by the game like COI or LSA but still could be useful for H2H play.

#67: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:53 am
    —
It's working good so far I'm noticing but maybe not that it's recognizing more soldiers that take out AT or flak guns via soft kill or whatever.
cohen took out one of these not sure how if penetrating shot to engine that got him a recognized kill or how he did it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Sd.Kfz.222_-_reconstruction.JPG

During whole map firefight, the vehicle was across the bridge unless he had an explosive for the one that raced across. But do caveliers have them in game didn't notice. I doubt he borrowed baitille's rifle HE for the shot?

cohen.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.8 KB
 Viewed:  648 Time(s)

cohen.png

#68: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:42 am
    —
Crashed again while I truced and won with the enemy on Montmedy.

This time it didn't erase the whole campaign progress only exited to windows and out of the program.

#69: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:03 am
    —
GREAT MOD TEJSZD!

I was wrong about this mod after updating to the latest TLD version only had 2 crashes on end battle "loading" bar, but It still saved my campaign progress.
I played on historical settings with everything equal.

Love all the types of detailed weapons and armor for both sides I never knew existed. In a Pre ww2 era.
I have beat the grand campaign as the French(defensive in campaign), I would contribute the win towards :

Artillery barrages
*AC 25mm Cannon in buildings taking out vehicles
Obussier 105mm Cannons in bunkers
Hotchkiss Heavy MG
The FM 24/29 light machine gun

The mod shows me some downfalls of French armor such as the driver of the smaller tanks having to fire the mg as well? That's nuts. Some of their turrets are very slow to turn are they using hand power? Seems like many French teams lacked a good short ranged close quarter weapon like the Thompson. Although some do carry them in the game I think they would have benefited more fighting in buildings as most had rifles probably historically accurate.
I do like this mod a lot and would consider this one of the best mods for cc games! Buy The Longest Day just for this mod you won't be disappointed!

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-05-693.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  243 KB
 Viewed:  546 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-05-693.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-21 19-35-24-096.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.07 KB
 Viewed:  499 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-21 19-35-24-096.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-21 20-03-26-999.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.71 KB
 Viewed:  552 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-21 20-03-26-999.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-10-513.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  244.15 KB
 Viewed:  756 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-10-513.jpg

fv.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  528.21 KB
 Viewed:  488 Time(s)

fv.png

#70: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 am
    —
Thank you vobbnobb!

Glad you liked it and that the latest TLD patch made it much more stable (the bug which caused saved games to be lost was the worst)....

#71: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm
    —
Hello Tejszd, is there still any progress (planned) on this lovely mod for LSA? Smile. Really would love to play that on the best CC imho!
Thanks for an update!

#72: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:31 am
    —
Hi kweniston,

Progress is painfully slow as the move from TLD to LSA is huge for data and graphic changes. Then on top of that I have never done a strat layer so had no idea how much work that is.

Data - Done except for forcepool (replacement rate per difficulty level, unfortunately this is a formula now so you can only change quantity not unit types, and # of slots)
Graphics - Done except for the new strat layer and overhead parts of bridges (actually I guess I have to recode maps to allow movement under bridges too)

Here is a pick of Meuse with the original strat layer on LSA;
- in the centre you can see the 2 BG's per map which is an LSA (or newer PitF/GtC) feature
- highlighted the 8th panzerjager  (8.8cm on Sdkfz) BG that was created by removing the vehicles from a Division BG forcepool to act as an Army/Corp support BG (careful they do not fight by themselves)

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu May 28, 2015 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

LSA Meuse.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.93 KB
 Viewed:  514 Time(s)

LSA Meuse.jpg

#73: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 am
    —
vobbnobb thanks for the feedback on what you would contribute the French win towards :

Artillery barrages
AC 25mm Cannon in buildings taking out vehicles
Obussier 105mm Cannons in bunkers
Hotchkiss Heavy MG
The FM 24/29 light machine gun

They all make sense though historically the French did not use their artillery anywhere near to its potential. Should the player be limited because of that historical mistake?

Ronson sent me a private message on H2H play with some feedback, thank you! In the H2H campaign the Germans did not break through the French lines and the number 1 reason he provided was due to artillery causing more like a WW1 battle of attrition.

Based on both your feedback I checked Line vs Line for the first turn of the GC in CC5 and TLD (the actual weapon ratings have not changed) but the quantities did;

French
Type / CC5 / TLD (additional turns)
Air / 1-3 / 0 (1,2,2)
Mort / 3 / 0 (1,2,3)
Art / 0 / 2 (3,4,5,)

German
Type / CC5 / TLD (additional turns)
Air / 1-3 / 1 (2,3,3)
Mort / 3 / 1 (2,3,4)
Art / 2 / 2 (3,4,5)

Air support for both sides varies in CC5, with the Germans in the mod getting more support, as I used random weather instead of the historical Normandy weather. In TLD I entered the historical weather so air support is fixed quantities. Overall favours Germans in both.
Mortar support in CC5 is equal the 1st turn but overall favours the Germans (2 to 1). In TLD Meuse mortar support for both sides is lower early on as it was really a meeting engagement with French cav divisions moving into Belgium but overall is about equal.
Artillery support in CC5 is for the Germans only. In TLD the French get artillery support so they get more support This goes back to the real potential the French had but did not use. Note: French artillery can not fire on the 1st 3 German entry maps in Belgium.

Based on the feedback above and the fact that I raised both artillery and mortar for the French I will lower French artillery on the first couple turns.

#74: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:03 pm
    —
Thanks for the update, looking good! Hope you can find the energy to make progress. I really love the LSA game options, and I would -love- to have great mod as well! And let's hope they patch those final bugs, finally.

#75: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:18 pm
    —
The old 80-90s VHS documentaries are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3sP1K7oa-0

#76: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:35 pm
    —
kweniston wrote (View Post):
Thanks for the update, looking good! Hope you can find the energy to make progress. I really love the LSA game options, and I would -love- to have great mod as well! And let's hope they patch those final bugs, finally.

Thank you for the comments on the mod and the posts of support on the Matrix forum poking them to do another patch for WAR/TLD and LSA!

#77: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:42 am
    —
Thank you for the comments on the mod and the posts of support on the Matrix forum poking them to do another patch for WAR/TLD and LSA!

After all these years WAR/TLD and LSA still need another patch? Lordy.

#78: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:03 am
    —
The games are more stable than CC5 but the crash bugs for reaching 0:00 time, air strikes and morale breaks still occasionally occur....

WAR/TLD: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394
LSA: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

#79: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:33 pm
    —
Hi mate:),

Sounds good that you are still working on this Mod and updating it as it was one of the best under CC5.

Quote:
Based on the feedback above and the fact that I raised both artillery and mortar for the French I will lower French artillery on the first couple turns.

I think this will make a huge difference, although as you do say the French never really used their potential artillery support, partly due to their doctrine of using land lines rather than radio to communicate, and the complex procedure they had for calling for support fire.
I guess in the end it comes down to the question of where to draw the line of reality v gameplay.

One thing that is striking is the behaviour of the troops in the later or new games as opposed to the old style CC5 troops, of which lots of post have been made already.
This is noticeable when playing the TLD Meuse as against the CC5 Meuse in this way......
Under CC5 you could attack and lose 5 -10 teams, but you would take your objective 80% of the time, with the 'new' troops of TLD etc. its more than likely that you will attack and still lose 5-10 teams but due to the troops constantly going to ground you will NOT attain your objective.

Thanks for taking the time to update this I look forwards to trying it out in H2H when you release it.

Cheers
Ronson

#80: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:33 pm
    —
Again I noticed in the latest Longest Day v4.50.15, I was able to take out small PAK cannons with rifles and force crew to flee. I have not seen that before on previous TLD versions from.

#81: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:09 pm
    —
I found this while cleaning my desktop, its from a campaign a played awhile ago. These guys rushed my command group from behind and got them all. I have never seen anything like that happen before. tejszd did you edit 1 group to be super elite?  Also what medal did they earn? Also what rank names are they?

award.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  431.66 KB
 Viewed:  552 Time(s)

award.png

#82: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 am
    —
The German scouts are good soldiers and well armed; 2 out of the 3 have machine guns. Plus you said they attacked from behind and it wasn't easy as 1 died and the remaining 2 were injured....

All 3 rec'd the Wound Badge and the one who killed 4 soldiers rec'd the Knights Cross.

#83: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 am
    —
hey Darren, you still making progress with Meuse or moved on?

#84: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:27 pm
    —
Hi Southernland!

Yes, I'm still slowly working on things. Some progress has been made, see the attached screen shot of Meuse on LSA with the old Strat map....

Unfortunately along with some good new features has come some issues;
- French infantry BG's are crossing the Meuse into Belgium stacking with the Calvary BG's which historically didn't happen
- you can no longer change the unit type based on difficulty which I did in Meuse to make the game harder
- still need to understand and determine how to use the point system and available/unavailable unit slots features
- still need to change map bridge coding to allow units to pass under them

On the new strat things are moving slowly....
- think I finally figured out how the original images were given a 3D look and the side shading. Just need to repeat the process 63 times....
- need to do the zoomed out new strat map images
- need to test the 20 new maps, thank you again!!!

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:48 am; edited 7 times in total

Meuse LSA Strat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  489.08 KB
 Viewed:  532 Time(s)

Meuse LSA Strat.jpg

Meuse LSA GC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.07 KB
 Viewed:  503 Time(s)

Meuse LSA GC.jpg

#85: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm
    —
wow, meuse is being ported to LSA? Smile

#86: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:42 am
    —
eventually.  Taking a huge amount of effort by Darren

#87: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Aetius PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:50 am
    —
Great to see the Meuse crossing mod is being ported to LSA.

"- French infantry BG's are crossing the Meuse into Belgium stacking with the Calvary BG's which historically didn't happen"

Are you using static BG's in this LSA version?
Maybe if you use static BG's for those infantry BG's at the border this wouldn't happen?

#88: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 pm
    —
No I'm not using static BG's since they would automatically be absorbed by other BG's removing them from play when it comes to guarding/holding maps.

In the Matrix forums in the past I had suggested the player be prompted if they want the static BG to be absorbed but Steve said it wasn't needed for LSA so he wouldn't change how it works.

#89: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:31 am
    —
damn, static BG's is a feature that would/could be usefull in many ways but ended up being useless to modders  Rolling Eyes .
Such a shame.

#90: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:32 am
    —
It should never have been used the way it was, what SSpanzer dv would soak up a bunch of half arsed luftewaffe recruits in passing?  If anything they'd be left behind to secure the bridge they were already guarding... absolute ballocks!

#91: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 am
    —
Did you guys know the US shermans 75mm was based on the french 75mm cannon?

#92: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 pm
    —
I never found any bugs has anyone else? So this mod is completed as 3.5.0? Are you working on anything else tejzd?

#93: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:03 am
    —
Hi vobbnobb,

I do have a v3.6 which I haven't released which contains mainly cosmetic changes....

1) Added French Supply Depot on Launois in the Grand Campaign
2) Added 8 French general pictures
3) Adjusted BG display location on some strat maps to prevent/reduce overlap
4) Adjusted Battle group 'base' battle plans
5) Adjusted in battle artillery icon to make the button fit better. Thanks Uberdave!
6) Enlarged scenario editor date on buttons
7) Fixed order of German medals as the Knights Cross image is switched with the iron cross second class. Thanks Aetius!

I also have these items on the to do list;

1) Changed Strat map to show Vresse and Sugny connecting if I do not finish the 64 map strat
2) Review & Reduce French support as H2H feedback said the French are too strong with it especially early in the GC

#94: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:12 am
    —
How is it going with the LSA version Tejszd?

#95: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 am
    —
Pouillon is lacking an Allied Entry VL which caused my May 13 GE reinforcement BG to enter at the 'to Sedan' VL when the Fr BG moved from Florenville onto Pouillon.

Meuse has the best looking maps in all of CC. Nice architectural detail in the roofs. Looking forward to the LSA version. Need a beta tester? :)

Uncoded L1 blg in the attachment:

grassfield.jpg
 Description:
Uncoded L1 Bldg
 Filesize:  55.3 KB
 Viewed:  11985 Time(s)

grassfield.jpg

#96: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 am
    —
All of the non CC5 buildings in Meuse are taken straight from Google Earth albeit german not french

#97: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:30 pm
    —
Mon Dieu! No wonder the poor pouilu are faring so badly in my GC. German architecture is the 5th column in France and Belgium.

From the 'should have known better' files:
...so there I am, hating on Vresse because once again my entering panzers have to fight their way north thru the town, then across Le Pont and then south to reach the Sugny exit. Its always a 2-3 battle slog. Until one day in mid-May 1940 when the AI somehow infiltrated behind my advance to seize the East Entry VL. Mein Gott in Himmel how did that happen? At inquest the BG oberst was accused of gross negligence for failing to recon an obviously shallow stretch of the Semois for alternate crossing sites. His defense consisted only of the pathetic excuse that rivers that wide are meant to be crossed on bridges. Despite the fact that in many places he could clearly see the riverbed. The disgraced commander only escaped demotion because the presiding judge was a family member.

#98: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:18 pm
    —
Its Funny how Mick only shows up at certain times.

#99: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm
    —
I.E. when something exciting is supposedly happening.

Otherwise he never makes a Post.

#100: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:30 pm
    —
One can only Assume he's from Fucking Pennsylvania.

Go CAPS!

#101: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:42 am
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Pouillon is lacking an Allied Entry VL which caused my May 13 GE reinforcement BG to enter at the 'to Sedan' VL when the Fr BG moved from Florenville onto Pouillon.

Meuse has the best looking maps in all of CC. Nice architectural detail in the roofs. Looking forward to the LSA version. Need a beta tester? :)

Uncoded L1 blg in the attachment:

I have the German home direction as East thus I wouldn't have expected the code to choose the farthest away entry VL for them to arrive from (note: the German data is actually in the Allied teams file due to UI sides being fixed in CC5). I made an Entry VL on the railroad track coming in the North/top of the map to resolve this.

Found the missed coded interior on the map PhilVill and fixed it. Thank you!

Thanks for the offer of being a beta tester for Meuse LSA. The progress on it has been extremely slow and is not really ready for beta due to;
1) I have never done a strat map before
2) trying to decide how to over come design problems going from TLD to LSA
- TLD allowed for different units per difficulty level not just quantity changes so how do you build new force-pools and keep the game hard
- LSA stacked BG's, an awesome feature, is allowing French infantry BG's to advance into Belgium with the Calvary BG's instead of holding the Meuse river like in TLD. Fixed BG's will not work as they get absorbed.
- LSA stacked BG's, an awesome feature, how should this impact BG make up? I think I'll split French units types into different BG's to try to have coordination issues and for Germans will create very small special BG's (ex. Panzerjager 1)
- LSA units slots are limited by BG size, need to understand how/when to use this
- LSA points need to understand how/when to use this. Most likely will try to not have points being an issue for a GC.

#102: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:52 am
    —
Suggest just making a simple, boxy four area strat map to learn how the area masking and gadget coordinates work.

#103: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 am
    —
1) I have never done a strat map before

Where are the instructions on making a strat these days Darren?  I had a look but couldn't find them

#104: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am
    —
Nomada Firefox should finish translating it into the common tongue any day now.

#105: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:22 pm
    —
This document was written up by DAK_Legion - I just changed some of the language so it would be easier for me to understand.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Tutorials/

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1