TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#101: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:42 am
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Pouillon is lacking an Allied Entry VL which caused my May 13 GE reinforcement BG to enter at the 'to Sedan' VL when the Fr BG moved from Florenville onto Pouillon.

Meuse has the best looking maps in all of CC. Nice architectural detail in the roofs. Looking forward to the LSA version. Need a beta tester? :)

Uncoded L1 blg in the attachment:

I have the German home direction as East thus I wouldn't have expected the code to choose the farthest away entry VL for them to arrive from (note: the German data is actually in the Allied teams file due to UI sides being fixed in CC5). I made an Entry VL on the railroad track coming in the North/top of the map to resolve this.

Found the missed coded interior on the map PhilVill and fixed it. Thank you!

Thanks for the offer of being a beta tester for Meuse LSA. The progress on it has been extremely slow and is not really ready for beta due to;
1) I have never done a strat map before
2) trying to decide how to over come design problems going from TLD to LSA
- TLD allowed for different units per difficulty level not just quantity changes so how do you build new force-pools and keep the game hard
- LSA stacked BG's, an awesome feature, is allowing French infantry BG's to advance into Belgium with the Calvary BG's instead of holding the Meuse river like in TLD. Fixed BG's will not work as they get absorbed.
- LSA stacked BG's, an awesome feature, how should this impact BG make up? I think I'll split French units types into different BG's to try to have coordination issues and for Germans will create very small special BG's (ex. Panzerjager 1)
- LSA units slots are limited by BG size, need to understand how/when to use this
- LSA points need to understand how/when to use this. Most likely will try to not have points being an issue for a GC.

#102: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:52 am
    —
Suggest just making a simple, boxy four area strat map to learn how the area masking and gadget coordinates work.

#103: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
1) I have never done a strat map before

Where are the instructions on making a strat these days Darren?  I had a look but couldn't find them

#104: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am
    —
Nomada Firefox should finish translating it into the common tongue any day now.

#105: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:22 pm
    —
This document was written up by DAK_Legion - I just changed some of the language so it would be easier for me to understand.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Tutorials/

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
Page 6 of 6