TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#81: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:09 pm
    —
I found this while cleaning my desktop, its from a campaign a played awhile ago. These guys rushed my command group from behind and got them all. I have never seen anything like that happen before. tejszd did you edit 1 group to be super elite?  Also what medal did they earn? Also what rank names are they?

award.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  431.66 KB
 Viewed:  551 Time(s)

award.png

#82: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 am
    —
The German scouts are good soldiers and well armed; 2 out of the 3 have machine guns. Plus you said they attacked from behind and it wasn't easy as 1 died and the remaining 2 were injured....

All 3 rec'd the Wound Badge and the one who killed 4 soldiers rec'd the Knights Cross.

#83: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 am
    —
hey Darren, you still making progress with Meuse or moved on?

#84: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:27 pm
    —
Hi Southernland!

Yes, I'm still slowly working on things. Some progress has been made, see the attached screen shot of Meuse on LSA with the old Strat map....

Unfortunately along with some good new features has come some issues;
- French infantry BG's are crossing the Meuse into Belgium stacking with the Calvary BG's which historically didn't happen
- you can no longer change the unit type based on difficulty which I did in Meuse to make the game harder
- still need to understand and determine how to use the point system and available/unavailable unit slots features
- still need to change map bridge coding to allow units to pass under them

On the new strat things are moving slowly....
- think I finally figured out how the original images were given a 3D look and the side shading. Just need to repeat the process 63 times....
- need to do the zoomed out new strat map images
- need to test the 20 new maps, thank you again!!!

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:48 am; edited 7 times in total

Meuse LSA Strat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  489.08 KB
 Viewed:  531 Time(s)

Meuse LSA Strat.jpg

Meuse LSA GC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.07 KB
 Viewed:  502 Time(s)

Meuse LSA GC.jpg

#85: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm
    —
wow, meuse is being ported to LSA? Smile

#86: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:42 am
    —
eventually.  Taking a huge amount of effort by Darren

#87: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Aetius PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:50 am
    —
Great to see the Meuse crossing mod is being ported to LSA.

"- French infantry BG's are crossing the Meuse into Belgium stacking with the Calvary BG's which historically didn't happen"

Are you using static BG's in this LSA version?
Maybe if you use static BG's for those infantry BG's at the border this wouldn't happen?

#88: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 pm
    —
No I'm not using static BG's since they would automatically be absorbed by other BG's removing them from play when it comes to guarding/holding maps.

In the Matrix forums in the past I had suggested the player be prompted if they want the static BG to be absorbed but Steve said it wasn't needed for LSA so he wouldn't change how it works.

#89: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: Aetius PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:31 am
    —
damn, static BG's is a feature that would/could be usefull in many ways but ended up being useless to modders  Rolling Eyes .
Such a shame.

#90: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:32 am
    —
It should never have been used the way it was, what SSpanzer dv would soak up a bunch of half arsed luftewaffe recruits in passing?  If anything they'd be left behind to secure the bridge they were already guarding... absolute ballocks!

#91: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 am
    —
Did you guys know the US shermans 75mm was based on the french 75mm cannon?

#92: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 pm
    —
I never found any bugs has anyone else? So this mod is completed as 3.5.0? Are you working on anything else tejzd?

#93: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:03 am
    —
Hi vobbnobb,

I do have a v3.6 which I haven't released which contains mainly cosmetic changes....

1) Added French Supply Depot on Launois in the Grand Campaign
2) Added 8 French general pictures
3) Adjusted BG display location on some strat maps to prevent/reduce overlap
4) Adjusted Battle group 'base' battle plans
5) Adjusted in battle artillery icon to make the button fit better. Thanks Uberdave!
6) Enlarged scenario editor date on buttons
7) Fixed order of German medals as the Knights Cross image is switched with the iron cross second class. Thanks Aetius!

I also have these items on the to do list;

1) Changed Strat map to show Vresse and Sugny connecting if I do not finish the 64 map strat
2) Review & Reduce French support as H2H feedback said the French are too strong with it especially early in the GC

#94: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:12 am
    —
How is it going with the LSA version Tejszd?

#95: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 am
    —
Pouillon is lacking an Allied Entry VL which caused my May 13 GE reinforcement BG to enter at the 'to Sedan' VL when the Fr BG moved from Florenville onto Pouillon.

Meuse has the best looking maps in all of CC. Nice architectural detail in the roofs. Looking forward to the LSA version. Need a beta tester? :)

Uncoded L1 blg in the attachment:

grassfield.jpg
 Description:
Uncoded L1 Bldg
 Filesize:  55.3 KB
 Viewed:  11939 Time(s)

grassfield.jpg

#96: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 am
    —
All of the non CC5 buildings in Meuse are taken straight from Google Earth albeit german not french

#97: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:30 pm
    —
Mon Dieu! No wonder the poor pouilu are faring so badly in my GC. German architecture is the 5th column in France and Belgium.

From the 'should have known better' files:
...so there I am, hating on Vresse because once again my entering panzers have to fight their way north thru the town, then across Le Pont and then south to reach the Sugny exit. Its always a 2-3 battle slog. Until one day in mid-May 1940 when the AI somehow infiltrated behind my advance to seize the East Entry VL. Mein Gott in Himmel how did that happen? At inquest the BG oberst was accused of gross negligence for failing to recon an obviously shallow stretch of the Semois for alternate crossing sites. His defense consisted only of the pathetic excuse that rivers that wide are meant to be crossed on bridges. Despite the fact that in many places he could clearly see the riverbed. The disgraced commander only escaped demotion because the presiding judge was a family member.

#98: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:18 pm
    —
Its Funny how Mick only shows up at certain times.

#99: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm
    —
I.E. when something exciting is supposedly happening.

Otherwise he never makes a Post.

#100: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:30 pm
    —
One can only Assume he's from Fucking Pennsylvania.

Go CAPS!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 5 of 6