GJS-LSA grand campaign test
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#41: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:30 am
    —
Tough match-up at Bieville-- had a hunch that I would get into trouble here.  After-battle in this image, and can see I was lucky to hold onto the map, a more aggressive push by Monty would have forced my retreat:

bieville_4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.14 KB
 Viewed:  427 Time(s)

bieville_4.jpg

#42: Ranville Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:41 am
    —
Neither BG has tanks at this point. KG Luck has only halftracks and PzGrenadiers, but a handful of MkIVs and other tanks should be available in the BG by morning. 6th Airlanding doesn't quite have its Tetrarchs yet, they are still forming up and clearing their axles of tightly-wrapped parachute chords. They should be available starting in the am as well.

The battle goes round and naval arty and an airstrike keep the Germans honest. In the end, the Allies gain a VL location in Ranville.  It will be key to get the Pegasus VL to the north and open up full supply east of the Orne.

Ranville1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.54 KB
 Viewed:  436 Time(s)

Ranville1.jpg

#43: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 am
    —
Naval in Ranville?

#44: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 am
    —
June 6, end of PM turn.  Some big opening afternoon battles, but also a lot of fun mopping up the beachhead maps.  Other than Gold Beach and Port-en-Bessin, every beach map is solidly in Allied control. Many battlegroups can start moving inland, and Bayeux will likely fall into Allied hands by morning, pretty much as it did historically. Other than KG Meyer, which will be quickly overwhelmed and surrounded if it doesn't withdraw, resistance is token in front of the 50th Division. By the afternoon, 7 Armoured Div (22 Armd Bde) and 8 Armoured Bde arrive--two tank-heavy BGs.

Around Sword Beach and the Orne the picture is less rosy. 21 Panzer is making a strong showing, and it's unlikely that the Allies will gain much more without a tough fight. Caen looks entirely out of reach. The Allies would have been at Caen's doorstep if I had captured the rear exit VLs on Sword on the am of June 6--not an easy task in a 15 minute battle traveling between large minefields.

The good news is that the Allied beachhead is secure, and growing more so with each turn.

#45: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 am
    —
tigercub wrote (View Post):
Naval in Ranville?

Yes indeed!

#46: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 pm
    —
I think we need a wager on the capture of Caen. 100 dollars say you don't capture it in 6 days :)

Keep it up.

#47: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm
    —
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
I think we need a wager on the capture of Caen. 100 dollars say you don't capture it in 6 days :)

Keep it up.

making an offer here?   Wink  Think Caen would be tough at this point, but it depends on the player.

#48: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am
    —
Lots to catch up on, but here's a short video of some of the action at Bieville. The Germans very nearly pushed the Brits off the map, but were repulsed and paid the price in tanks while the British paid in sprites:

Link

#49: Re: Push to Bayeux Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm
    —
Bayeux is captured at the risk of temporarily losing supply. KG Meyer has withdrawn and must be at Creully. Monty told me he was not going to leave this relatively potent BG to get caught behindlines. Even though this BG has Stugs, it's a slow mover. Historically, KG Meyer had nothing more than bicycles and a few Stugs to ride on. We will encounter this BG again soon. Currently, it's the only force standing between the Allies and total breakout (for now).

Bayeux-sequence.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.12 KB
 Viewed:  484 Time(s)

Bayeux-sequence.jpg

#50: Re: Beyond Sword Beach Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 pm
    —
Behind Juno and Sword Beaches, the 9/3 Canadians punched through Basly against a weak static BG; they advance to Hermanville and encounter 12th SS for the first time. I withdraw the 153 Bde of the 51st Highland Division, its position tenuous. With Sword Beach cleared, the British 3rd Infantry Division can advance in its place, opening a new entry VL. It could be a protracted fight in Bieville. The 185/3 could not land this turn because of the backup on Sword Beach. I'll be waiting to see if it arrives next turn along with the four armoured BGs the Allies get by the afternoon. Monty is playing well as Germans considering he has very little experience with CC.

Beyond-Sword-Sequence.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.75 KB
 Viewed:  476 Time(s)

Beyond-Sword-Sequence.jpg

#51: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 am
    —
Thanks for the video!  Cool

#52: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm
    —
The test game continues, moving past Bayeux!

inland_gold_moves2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  330.99 KB
 Viewed:  13450 Time(s)

inland_gold_moves2.jpg

#53: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 pm
    —
One German soldier left in all of Port-en-Bessin, and still have to fight another battle to root him out...sigh.

On the upside, captured all VLs in Tailleville against a weekened static BG, path is now clear to unleash the raw power of the Tyne and Tees, Desert Rats, and Canucks!

afterport.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.67 KB
 Viewed:  13447 Time(s)

afterport.jpg

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3