Update Januari 2013
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

#1: Update Januari 2013 Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am
    —
Hey Guys,

First we like to wish you guys all the best for the comming year and a lot of cc gaming fun.

It has been quiet for a while now but it doesn't mean that nothing has happend. Large steps have been taken in the graphical area. I've been mainly working on the stratmap. I chose to make it as simple as possible using an old map I've found a while ago. I've added a preview in this in post of it. It is most definitely not the final version but it is something to go with for the maps I've made so far.

I've also been working on the things that come around the stratmap. Things like the patches on the stratmap, the patches in the bgroups file and the battlegroup and map names. I've also added a couple of previews of them in here.

There hasn't been a real set of data in progress other then a general bgroups file has been made but its obviously going to be changed in the future as a just had to create something to go with for testing.

I've also started finishing the last couple of maps with the help of Jimrm2. He has been helping me out in drawing objects like bridge's for the rhine bride maps. I've only got 8 more maps to draw: Neuß, Dusseldorf bridge, Krefeld, Uerdingen bridge, Mörs, Homberg bridge, Linfort, Fort Blucher. I've also started coding the maps which is a painstaking job a consumes up to 3-4 hours of work per map..

I hope this gives a general idea where we are at right now.

Cheers Buck

STRPATCH_Preview.jpg
 Description:
Str Patch
 Filesize:  150.19 KB
 Viewed:  793 Time(s)

STRPATCH_Preview.jpg

STRBGICONS00_Preview.jpg
 Description:
BG Icons
 Filesize:  32.21 KB
 Viewed:  779 Time(s)

STRBGICONS00_Preview.jpg

Stratmap Nieuw (augustus).jpg
 Description:
Stratmap v1.0
 Filesize:  593.04 KB
 Viewed:  900 Time(s)

Stratmap Nieuw (augustus).jpg

#2: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 am
    —
nice stratmap!

#3: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 am
    —
Very Happy  cool

#4: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm
    —
Hello Buck,

just a minor fault: city label "Krefeld" is accidentally twice. The northern "Krefeld" must be changed to "Kleve" (north of Goch and opposite to Emmerich). Spellings: "Jullich" --> "Jülich"; "Huckelhoven" --> "Hückelhoven", "Niederkruchten" --> "Niederkrüchten".

Cheers & good luck for your project!
Mafi

#5: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm
    —
Fantastic strat map, Buck!  That looks like very much work.  Wink  The strat patches and icons are well made and look great.

Thanks to you and Pete for all your efforts and artistry!!  I'm looking forwards to getting into the battle!  Smile

#6: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:05 pm
    —
Hey guys,

@ mafi: Damn your right. I've totally missed those. I will fix that one. It has been a while since we spoke. I've tried to mail you about a small issue I had with your software but your mail seems to be nonexistend?

@ Tripwire Thank you I do have to warn you this is a work in progress thing so everything is subjected to changes.

Cheers Buck

#7: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 pm
    —
Mafi wrote (View Post):
Hello Buck,

just a minor fault: city label "Krefeld" is accidentally twice. The northern "Krefeld" must be changed to "Kleve" (north of Goch and opposite to Emmerich). Spellings: "Jullich" --> "Jülich"; "Huckelhoven" --> "Hückelhoven", "Niederkruchten" --> "Niederkrüchten".

Cheers & good luck for your project!
Mafi

Two other small ones: Cuijck -> Cuijk, and Leverkussen -> Leverkusen. Looks great, otherwise.

#8: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm
    —
DOOOH   Shocked

Should have gotten more in the forum while I was living in that area (5yrs)  Embarassed

Anyway, I'll follow this one and will patiently wait untill is ready to go.

PS: Buck great to see you're still arround as well.

#9: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm
    —
Hey Bambam,

It sure has been a while! Patience is a virtue but when ortona is done we'll be able to pick up some speed here.

Cheers Remi

#10: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm
    —
Hey Buck,
That Strategic Map looks very nice.
I like the approach you took with that.

#11: Re: Update Januari 2013 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm
    —
Stratmap is good.

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1