website not always available
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: website not always available Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 am
    —
Have anyone else some problems to access to the site? I can't access the site from my work computer and at home it is aleatory.

#2: Re: website not always available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 pm
    —
Me too

#3: Re: website not always available Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 pm
    —
Yes, quite often. Sometimes page refresh does the trick.

#4: Re: website not always available Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:56 pm
    —
Me 2.

#5: Re: website not always available Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 pm
    —
yeah it's been good for the last 2-3 days, other than that unobtainable

#6: Re: website not always available Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 pm
    —
Same here... seems to be a problem everywhere, not only in Belgium  Confused

#7: Re: website not always available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:35 pm
    —
It works better on my phone when I'm at work but not so good on my cabel modem at home.
Go figure

#8: Re: website not always available Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:42 pm
    —
Refresh, or check again later.

#9: Re: website not always available Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 am
    —
During the day time (working hours), hard to connect.

In the middle of the night (like now), no problem.  Laughing

#10: Re: website not always available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:37 pm
    —
Theres something wrong with this host provider. I have brought the problem up in technical support tickets, only to be replied to as a fellow techie (which I am not). Its like taking your car in to get fixed and the mechanic telling you all the nitty gritty details on why your fuel injector isnt pumping fuel in at the right pressure. I basically realized the guy running the company CCS is at is not really a company, more like a guy trying to make some money on the side when he gets home from work at 5pm.

I plan on moving back to www.iweb.com which is where CCS was before all this moving crap and downtime started. CCS will be moving back to a normal site once some more ad/donation revenue come in. I currently have about three months worth (75$ per month), once I am at six months I am moving it and we'll be back to normal. With a six month cushion on the bill, things will be running smoothly bill wise as they were months ago. The ads make up most of the cash and donations usually take the difference, everything will running smoothly then.

So here I am explaining all the details when all you want is the site to work haha!

#11: Re: website not always available Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm
    —
Thanks for the heads up Mooxe

its better you explained as most of us think its our inet connections that have fked up

Check the CCS site most every day, I like the people & love the games

Wish I was more technically minded so I could contribute, but sadly......... Sad

Very Happy

#12: Re: website not always available Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 am
    —
Have you tried re-booting?

#13: Re: website not always available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 pm
    —
Haha... yeah actually I have.

#14: Re: website not always available Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm
    —
thanks Mooxe, CC world can't live without this site!

#15: Re: website not always available Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:17 pm
    —
Quote:
I plan on moving back to www.iweb.com which is where CCS was before all this moving crap and downtime started. CCS will be moving back to a normal site once some more ad/donation revenue come in.

Thanks for all your effort and headache on our behalf.  The sooner folks can donate to get this done, the sooner I'll get you GJS-LSA for download.

#16: Re: website not always available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 am
    —
This is what I purchased for the new CCS today. Price was low enough that I could go ahead with it. Hopefully this weekend I will move it.

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=210

In a nutshell... 2,2Ghz dual core, 24Gb RAM, 1TB HD, unmetered bandwidth and 5 IPs.

Got it on sale for 59$ a month.

#17: Re: website not always available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:07 am
    —
That server makes me wonder about home internet prices. I am paying 55$ per month for a 25mbit connection with a cap of 80gigs. That server has a way better internet connection that I could ever dream of in Canada!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1