Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

So currently I've been adding more Tanks to the .azp file.
Nothing special just basically trying to add some more variety.

The goal is to provide a more visual aspect between Command Tanks and non Command Tanks in-game.
Done either by varying camo for Axis Tanks and using Stars for Allied Tanks.
These changes will also apply to the BG_Unit Icons.

Beyond that I'm wondering if there's a need to correct the incorrect road connection on the Strategic map?
I.E.
Erase the ones that are wrong by displaying a road to a map that has no connection and if needed add roads to the ones that don't.
I know it was a huge debate back when WAR came out,but I cant say I've ever seen too many people want it fixed.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Quote:
Beyond that I'm wondering if there's a need to correct the incorrect road connection on the Strategic map?
I.E.
Erase the ones that are wrong by displaying a road to a map that has no connection and if needed add roads to the ones that don't.
I know it was a huge debate back when WAR came out,but I cant say I've ever seen too many people want it fixed

I always wanted that new one added in that had the roads fixed that ??? made? I forget who it was and DID appreciate that one map you allowed to move into also that was incorrect stock from Matrix. Apologies for forgetting name of the map, Been awhile since played your 2 campaigns, been playing couple others, though intend to get back to both of them as have been missing the fun of some Ardennes action.

For myself? Don't really remember many not wanting the strat map fixed. it was horrible from the start. That one that (yeah I forgot who made it) cam out awhile back was an improvement and even that would be 100% better. Nothing is worse than either a map showing roads connecting, then finding out they don't between maps, or not showing roads at all and that is the stock strat map.

Your work on WAR really shouldn't be questioned at all is my 2c worth.. Just do it.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:59 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Michael..about the truck..

I think that TT just coded the GI:s as tankcrew and ones that survived the  Very Happy [b]mortarhit[/b]  Very Happy just fought on...

cheers Mats

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Yep agree with Silver, Pl Ml please do it..  Very Happy

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:57 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Fatigue and Cohesion.

Image from Strategic Map showing how bad off the 394/99 ID are having.
The have NO Cohesion and almost nothing left in the tank as a fighting force.
After the Battle begins it can take quite a while set in Ambush to get them back to being healthy again.
And unfortunately I have a few others.
I switched over from Axis to Allies and have 6 Days to over turn what is currently a Major German Victory.

Fatigue.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  361.58 KB
 Viewed:  673 Time(s)

Fatigue.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:56 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Current situation for Dec. 26th Turn2 (5 Days left)
Trying to sweep around and capture German Supply Depots.

UO0031.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.93 KB
 Viewed:  650 Time(s)

UO0031.jpg

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Michael,

Something that may open up WAR for me a mod to fix all the missing connections. Or a really good explanation to why the connections are not there. (even though there's road graphics connecting them)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I'm working on it.

How many bad connections do I fix to make some of the current errors correct?
Champlon to Nadrin remove/edit the road image or add a connection?

Do I correct any other obvious connections or just remove any trace of a connection visually?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Champlon to Nadrin with/without connection?
Theirs a lot of room for interpretation here.

And do I open up the Northern routes on the strategic map thus eliminating the original back jam of BG's waiting to fight?
While I didn't originally like the Northern part of the map and still don't to this day.it does indeed do a very good job of creating that difficult maneuvering the Germans had in the Bulge.

It's not hard to correct.
Just hard to decide.

Champlon to Nadrin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.39 KB
 Viewed:  632 Time(s)

Champlon to Nadrin.jpg

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Quote:
.it does indeed do a very good job of creating that difficult maneuvering the Germans had in the Bulge.

You mentioned this earlier and it's really 2 parts.. 1st few times one plays WAR? It's a pain in the rear. Is it good for the game? Yeah.. Stock game? Grudgingly.. Got to admit those up north are, the 2 at the bottom, near Bastogne are not and i don't recall the name(s) of the 2 maps. Initial outbreak, think there should be as much slow down as possible, but as it goes on, probably not.

If there is some kind of vote, or want names of those maps I continue to mention will load the game again and chk.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

First MOH......Yea!
Then my 2nd.

UO0059.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.69 KB
 Viewed:  674 Time(s)

UO0059.jpg

UO0050.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.38 KB
 Viewed:  608 Time(s)

UO0050.jpg

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Allowing allied AI player to only bring in 1 AT gun on some maps early on is a good way to stop them from throwing the Axis AI off the map time after time, even the weaker allied units on maps like South Eifel when KG Peiper appears there.

I have noticed the bazooka teams seem to be dead on in the stock mod. I have one team with 4 Panther kills already early on. The Bazooka teams have been the go to choice here over 3" guns (teamed with 57mm guns) to stop the Panthers thus far.

Thanks for all the work you did on this mod and continuing efforts on it. Going to finally complete it from the Allied perspective this time.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Data:
Motar HE Base Accuracy changed from 331 (75%) to to 256 (50%)
Wurfgerat 40 Changed reload time from 9000 to 200.Now has 12 rounds.
Changed Accuracy from 36 (1%) to 256 (50%)
Half Tracks:
Changed Integrity from 40-50 to 100
Changed set up time from 600 to 200 for Schweres MG42 and Schweres MG34
Created Vehicle Crew US BZ (Bazooka) and added them to all M3 Half-Tracks. But Not Command HT's.
Changed Turret Crew Cover Top on all HT's from 0 to 140 (from 0 to 15%) in hopes of better protecting them
from Mortars until Mortar Data has been better adjusted.

The current version you are playing has only the above mentioned .
I have since changed the Mortars again and increased the Armor values for Allied Tanks with Sandbags (These were left the same as Tanks without any for some reason)
I'm kinda guessing on how much to increase the armor value. I didn't increase it much as I don't really know the sandbag to armor ratio   Laughing  but it just seemed to me those Tanks should offer a little more protection.Kinda like what I did for the Tank Dozer.

I did notice that my original statement about the Zooks not being in Command HT's to be wrong. That will be corrected.
Will get back to work on the strat map after the New Year.
And will also be editing LOS. You can pretty much expect an increase in LOS with most cases.The current LOS has been VERY Disappointing to me. How a MG Team in a 3/4 story house isn't commanding the map is beyond me.
The extra graphics for Vehicles and playing is currently taking up the most time preventing the next update.

Found a wrongly codded house on the map Vielsalm,basically it's a 3 story house with the current elevation set the same as the ground.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:54 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Quote:
The current version you are playing has only the above mentioned .

Ok Michael. I didn't look at the data file difference (if any) between any other Mods to see if any existed even before posting that for the bazooka. I so far in the mod have had the things take side and rear shots at up to 100m range and mostly 1st or 2nd shot kills, not damage, but outright kills on Panthers. It didn't seem as it on the Vetmod they were that accurate, but must have been, or have been lucky so far.. There goes the kills for bazooka from now on Sad

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Ha! KT TKO on a frontal shot (turret was traversed to 180 however) and 2 more Panthers by another Bazooka team on Krinket map.

I forget offhand it these teams could fire in the vetmod by yourself and TT. Know the Schreck teams couldn't, but don't remember about these teams.

Edit:

Fire from within buildings that is.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

You can thank Matrix for that.
Not me.
I am glad you pointed it out and will look into them.
After I use them to win my current GC. :)

I'm not gonna apply the same changes from VetBoB to this Mod.
You can,I won't

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Finally get it on why you reworked the campaign into the stock mod.. It gives the US a fighting chance, at least over the Vetmod, where they are in deep doo-doo without someone playing them that pretty much is familiar with every map and stays away from the powerful German infantry with US armor as the US player.

Not sure about how far back your US forces have fallen, but I finally withdrew back some to "clear the maps of wreckage" and get a better field of fire Michael and it didn't go well on the sector(s) where pulled that stunt. Am trying to keep away from the campaign.txt to see how deep this bottomless pit truly seems to be of Panthers for some of the KG and it's getting exciting to say the least.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

You had a thread on here once awhile back where were showing "kill zones" for AT guns on the leidenborn map and how numerous they were. I think Reuland, as far as WAR goes is the ultimate destruction zone for the Allies. When played the US in the stock game, vetmod and now in this mod, have always tried to channel a strong armored unit to this map. It is the hardest for me (costliest) armor wise to cross and virtually impossible for the AI Germans to take there are so many hiding spots in the sparse woods with LOS thru the bridges and roadways all the way across the way for 3" guns.

If there is another thing you do to make it more difficult, other than work on the bazookas (I hope u don't do that lol) coding on some maps to make hiding the 3" guns in some areas of Reuland map might be it like I think you may have done on the Leidenborn one Michael where they no longer fit in some areas that they once did.

My 2c and will stop all this if you want.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I just took 3 AB Bazooka teams based on your report on how powerful they were in hopes of knocking KG Cochenhausen off of Manhay.

That didn't happen,despite several hits on the Panthers none of em were killed or even immobile.
Thanks a lot. Laughing

The thread you thinking about is This one
Reuland is indeed a very hard map to attack on especially for the Germans.

My goal for the AT_Guns is/was to prevent the AI from placing them deep in the woods rendering them useless.
Still a work in progress.

Map codding is not my most enjoyable aspect of editing,so it takes me some time to get myself into it.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:02 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Quote:
I just took 3 AB Bazooka teams based on your report on how powerful they were in hopes of knocking KG Cochenhausen off of Manhay.

That didn't happen,despite several hits on the Panthers none of em were killed or even immobile.
Thanks a lot. Laughing

LOL OOPS Sad I have noticed that you let them take the shot at 75-100m and the accuracy is not as good for a "good" hit, but they generally will get a hit (damage) and if fired at closer to that? it's mostly a kill, as long as not scared/cowered. I HAVE ordered a cowered team to fire when they were not behaving properly (shooting on their own) and scored a hit (kill) and it just happened at Lomnesy (spelling) where had lost all 3 AT guns and the other bazooka team, just a few minutes ago in fact. A side shot.

75m< is the kill range, I probably should have mentioned that for sure earlier and keep them on "ambush" if you are stalking and have the time to watch them/one on the map, then change to "defend" when the Panther gets within range (sideways hopefully) and have a pair of 81mm mortars at hand to strip away the accompanying infantry before they get close alongside the tank and spot the bazooka.

Yeah.. Everybody plays CC different.. Just the way do here... Attempt to take a building on each map prior to time running out where can hide a bazooka that has potential clear LOS and tank will cross.. Infantry support it.

Germans with 'Fausts are so much easier aren't they Michael?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: