Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Author
johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

One way to keep interest in the mod and in WAR itself would be via the strat map by connections opened/blocked to the various maps.

so many of the maps to me at least around Bastogne are never fought over. Marvie, Neffie, Leifrange.

RD_TG_Jager

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Looking forward to this mod and I know it's summer is slow. I am just curious what progress has been made up to this point.

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:48 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Hello, does anyone have a serial key number I can use. Brought my game from EBay to find parts of the disc badly scratched and can only guess the key and so far always wrongly. I live in NZ and disc came from GB. Cheers

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

RD_TG_Jager wrote (View Post):
Looking forward to this mod and I know it's summer is slow. I am just curious what progress has been made up to this point.

Hi,

PM's Stock mod is here:

WAR Stock Mod

He also has it linked on the 1st page of this topic, just mixed in with his information on the mod. It's a major improvement on the campaign that came with the game originally.

Make sure you read the read me on the first page here.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Hello,
I've currently got the new Sounds working into what will be Stock Mod v2.0
Also some more Data changes.

I'd like to bring back the BG_Leader pics to be used in conjunction with the BG_Leader attributes but to be perfectly honest with you I would have difficulty in understanding said commanders uniform with the correct date of the Bulge.Or am I reading too much into that?
Anyone want to help with that?
If someone wanted to find the correct pictures to use I don't mind doing the editing.

I think from there I'll add the multilayer changes to the Battlegroups as done with VETBoB.
Not so much with the intensity  of a VetMod but something other than just a total amount change.
I like seeing a change in settings like VETBoB did.

I've complimented on changing BG attributes based on either a H2H or AI player but it might confuse those not used to editing as it would require one to swap that file based on what their playing.Unless I did a sub-plugin to be used,but that would only work with those who are willing to use ModSwap.

Currently playing another GC to see how the sound Mod works and the Data changes that were made.

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Good to see the Stock mod is addressing some of my gripes and suggestions!

Medals on the soldier screen, enabling fatigue/cohesion, night battles, powering down those mortars, lol

Uberdave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Michael, I have the book that the original CC4 leader photos were taken from. It's called 'NUTS!' by Goldstein, Dilon, and Wenger (Brassey's, 1994).

I once scanned them all, as I planned on doing my own Ardennes Offensive mod for CC5 (as I thought the existing one was a joke).

I'll send them to you, if you'd like. I think all of the German commanders are there, and maybe 2/3 of the Americans.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:34 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

That would be nice.
Can you add the zipped file to a PM?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Being mostly an AI player I never really took the time to memorize the Hotkeys for CC.

I've been toying around with this idea for sometime now.
And it took even longer to figure out to get it to display properly.
I was able to create this by manipulation the GMSCROLLERUP_000 file within the GameGadg graphics file.

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Is adding the Hotkey Legend a good idea?
Or bad idea?

I could add it to be displayed on the .OVM but I don't think that would look good at all.

GMSCROLLERUP_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.01 KB
 Viewed:  604 Time(s)

GMSCROLLERUP_000.jpg

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.82 KB
 Viewed:  708 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Being mostly an AI player I never really took the time to memorize the Hotkeys for CC.

My left index finger is permanently on the V key when I play, I dont even need to look down. Hotkeys are the only way to play.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I've never seen this before!

Two AT_Gun's right on top of each other?
One had already been destroyed,then I kept hearing the shots fired from the last AT_Gun which was right on top of the destroyed Gun.Behind the houses.

UO0016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  254.78 KB
 Viewed:  686 Time(s)

UO0016.jpg

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:46 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I don't know for sure just how many hot keys are available in CC.

Below is an "idea".

In game when you mouse over and click on Options, you get a form screen, that originates from the CCResource.dll file.

It might be possible to expand some of those forms (screens) to include a list of the available hot keys.

If that can't be done, you might be able to itemize the hot keys in the credits image. So when you hit credits, the list of hotkeys scroll across the screen. Then you could even change the option form to say "Hotkeys" instead of "Credits".

Dunno?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I'm guessing the total number of Hotkeys is 17.

Ctrl # 1-0 for the teams within your Bg that allow you to jump to each team.
And the 7 Hotkeys for Sneak/Move/Move Fast/Ambush etc etc

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Hello,
I've finally started editing Stock Mod for the next update.
I'm redoing the Strategic map to be more pleasing.
Basically the goal is to not have so many maps that look to have connections but actually don't by re-cutting them a little more properly.
I've also edited the Normandy.TGA file so maps with no connections either Don't display a road or added Trees to said area to imply blockage.

What I'm looking for is someone who might be interested in finishing the Sound.fx file.
I did start working on it and am fairly happy with it.

PM me if you have any interest.

I'm also considering a VET Mod addition to the Mod based on the settings one chooses, but we all know who's best at that.
Salhexe.....You available?
You just cant do Teams with more than 7 men.
7 is the limit.... Period!........Can you do it?
The workbook isn't yet created to include such setting so you'd have to expand that.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm also considering a VET Mod addition to the Mod based on the settings one chooses, but we all know who's best at that.
Salhexe.....You available?
You just cant do Teams with more than 7 men.

That'd be really outstanding if Salhexe has the time to do that someday. Good idea to cut some road connections also. Make it more difficult as Axis, especially before they get rolling early on and in the southern sectors.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Update:

The new Sound.sfx is completed.
While the original goal was a slightly different sound for every weapon,I'm happy with how things are despite not going that far.
Should anyone here speak German and would like to donate their voice to the 88mm AT_Guns I would be greatly appreciated.
Currently they say "FIRE" in English before the gun effect sound is played.
I would love for it to be in German instead.
I don't think my Southern accent would be very convincing.Y'all know what I mean? :)

I made several changes to the Allied Airborne BG's
The 82nd has Recon Teams with Captured PzF60
I have Another option/upgrade for the 82nd.I'm just not willing to revel that till its uploaded.
And the 101st BG's have Platoon Leader's and Recon Teams with Captured PzF60
Those changes have been good when it comes to fighting the Axis Tanks BG's.
They just never really had enough firepower against them.
Now when you play the AI or your friend your not just gonna roll over the Airborne BG's so easily.
And yet there not considered to over powering.

Minor changes to the Soldier and Vehicle files.

Restructured all Force Pools to not appear so sloppy,or hastily put together out of order.However you want to put it..
You can thank Uberdave for that.
After reading one of his reviews he did for one Mod (I dont recall which one)he felt the Force Pools were in the same manner and as time went by it just kept eating at me.
So I restructured them in what I hope is a better order.
The example below would be...
Original Fpools on the Left
Restructured fpools on the right.
Basically I aligned all Infantry together then All vehicles/tanks in order.

I have been working on improving the Strategic map but unfortunately this has been tougher than I expected.Causing me to restart over several times.

Not that its hard to implement the changes.
Its just difficult to keep some map cut outs from appearing to have  a connection  VIA the Highlighted area around the map when you click on your BG occupying said map to a map that Doesn't have any real chance of moving there.

A good example would be the appearance of Rueland to Heinerscheid
And Malscheid to Houffalize
I don't like how the cutouts for those maps are connected to each other.
I have made multiple minor image changes such as omitting roads that look to display a connection from town to town and have also added trees to areas to help correct a connection that isnt there.
Awhile still trying to retain the integrity of the original strategic map.And keep the current connections of the maps the same as the game is.
(Minus the most glaring connection changes I did originally make)
I like the fact that the roads in the North are difficult to maneuver,I just don't like how the overlays provide a false sense of a connection being shown.

I'm still hoping Uberdave is able to provide me with commander pics he says he has.
I'd really like to bring those back.
I think I have a way of also keeping the Commander Attributes available,I just gotta figure out the right way to cheat it.......see the Hotkey cheat posted earlier as a means of doing so.

If I had to guess Id say maybe 3 months for an ETA
Depending on how much I drink.

I've been playing a LOT lately and I'm happy to say Ive yet to experience any CTD's

UO0042.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.3 KB
 Viewed:  547 Time(s)

UO0042.jpg

UO0033.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.29 KB
 Viewed:  669 Time(s)

UO0033.jpg

Uberdave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

PM, I like the list of changes you made. The FPool team lists look very nice!

Are you still working on it?

I totally forgot about those commander pics. I will check back to see which ones you needed. Or you could just message me and we'll get it sorted.   Idea

Digs

Rep: 56.7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:52 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

You might want to check out this post made by Platoon Michael.

Subject: I'm Leaving... http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10865

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:20 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

PM I am adding version 1.1, auto-installer.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to: