Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:05 pm Post subject: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

CC5_Ortona1943_v0.9.0b_mappack.zip

CC5_Ortona1943_v0.9.0b_plugin.zip

Here is some information on the Ortona '43 mod in anticipation of the release of the plug in file.

Playing Ortona ‘43 mod. – Notes to the Beta I version.

Due to the small scale of the historical battlefield you will find that the number of battle groups that will be deployed is much smaller than normal in Close Combat 5 and other modifications. There are around 10 battle groups of battalion size on either side. However, the Canadian battle groups are entering the stratmap sooner than most German units. A number of Fallschirmjäger battle groups do not enter the stratmap until the second half of the campaign. For both players the limited number of battle groups will have consequences. For instance, you can not afford to waste units on mass “zombie” assaults or divert units to piecemeal actions. Furthermore, players would be wiser to retreat on time than to stay on a map until a battle group is exhausted and annihilated because it will be unlikely for another battle group to be on an adjacent map.
In multiplayer Operations or Campaigns I advise to allow a truce if your opponent requests for one particularly if his battle group is threatened to be annihilated or cut off from supply, provided he retreats from that map. This will prolong the campaign but also gives more depth to the multiplayer campaign or operation.
Also, stratmap connections are drawn such that you can not always move to all adjacent maps. In fact, several bottlenecks have been created where you can only move forward or backward. This will mostly favour the defender who can block an advance by occupying a single map or even a single VL. However, when the defender loses a critical map he had better have a reserve unit in the same sector or he might have to retreat along the entire front in order to avoid losing too much ground or being cut off from a supply line.
The German player needs to delay and exhaust the Canadian advance as much as possible. Then, when all reinforcing Fallschirm units have arrived he can start thinking about regaining lost ground.
Allied battle groups will be reinforced to their initial strength.

Settings Preferences:

Human player versus Human player : Line vs. Line .
Human player versus Human player : Veteran vs. Veteran will somewhat reduce unit availability.
Human German player versus Computer Allied: Elite vs. Recruit : Significantly reduced unit availability vs AI with increased unit availability and more aggression (infantry moves more aggressively, however on city maps the Recruit setting is best avoided).
Human Allied player versus Computer German: Elite vs. Recruit: Significantly reduced unit availability vs. AI with increased unit availability.

Operations and Campaigns mostly come in several versions:
H2H : designed for multiplayer games : support for both sides but no air support for Germans.
SP Can: designed to play as Canadians without support.
SP GE: designed to play as Germans without support.
Single battles are designed in one version only.

Known bugs:
At the time of writing this the stratmap error is the most notable bug. In multiplayer Operations or Campaigns the host player has to go through the execute – next – next sequence twice . During this time the joiner’s game may freeze up. No effect on the progress of the game has been detected however.
Other known issues are 2 sounds that need updating and the line of sight blockage by the element “stone fence”. These will be updated with the final release.
During testing at least one crash to desktop was experienced when moving battle groups on the stratmap in single player Operations or Campaigns.
Note: the music that is briefly played before the battle when you are still in deployment mode should not be switched off while it is playing. It will cause a game crash.

German Units
I / 200th Pz. Grenadier Rgt. / 90th Panzer Grenadier Rgt.
II / 200th Pz. Grenadier Rgt. / 90th Panzer Grenadier Rgt.
III / 200th Pz. Grenadier Rgt. / 90th Panzer Grenadier Rgt.
I / 361st Pz. Grenadier Rgt. / 90th Panzer Grenadier Rgt.
II / 361st Pz. Grenadier Rgt. / 90th Panzer Grenadier Rgt.
III / 361st Pz. Grenadier Rgt. / 90th Panzer Grenadier Rgt.
I / 1st Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
II / 1st Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
III / 1st Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
I / 3rd Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
II / 3rd Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
III / 3rd Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
I / 4th Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division
II / 4th Fallschirmjäger Rgt. / 1. FsJ. Division

Canadian Units
The Royal Canadian Rgt. / 1st Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian Infantry Division (“RCR”)
The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment / 1st Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian Infantry Division (“Hasty P’s”)
48th Highlanders of Canada Regiment / 1st Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian Infantry Division (“48 HoC”)
Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Inf. Rgt. / 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian Infantry Division (“PPCLI”)
The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Rgt. / 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian (“Seaforth”)
The Loyal Edmonton Regiment / 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian (“Loyal Eddies”)
Royal 22e Regiment / 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian
The Carleton and York Regiment / 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian (“C&Y”)
The West Nova Scotia Regiment / 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade / 1st Canadian (“West Novas”)

To fill up the forcepool slots a number of smaller battle groups have been created. Some of those do not use all available unit slots. This works only for the first battle. Before the second battle the empty slots are automatically filled up. It will be the player’s choice whether to remove those units again.

Pete & Buck Compton

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Von Manstein

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Thanks, sounds really interesting

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Almost there, Pete & Buck.  :)

Thank you for all of your efforts and artistry!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Thank you Pete & Buck!!!

I'll definitely be grabbing it as soon as it's available....

hit951202

Rep: 14.9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:41 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

where can i get it?

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

The plugin file is ready and will be added to the download section soon. A big thanks to Mooxe for creating the file and hosting it on his site!
Playing the game using the plugin has not changed anything about the stratmap multiplayer moves error. I am hoping that someone with more expertise will be able to find out what is causing the error. This error does not affect single player games though.
Release notes are included in the plugin file as the readme.txt .
I suppose that most CC5 players have played mods using the configuration manager and that installing the plugin need not further explained at this point. As a reminder though, ensure to (re)install the stock game at C:\Program Files rather than C:\Program Files (x86) or the config.manager won't work.
Hopefully some of you people will enjoy the mod because that will be the best way to express your appreciation for the effort it has cost PT, Buck_Compton and myself.

Cheers,

Pete

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

tripwire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Fresh install ready and waiting....... Smile

Last edited by tripwire on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

My fault on not getting the files out in timely manner. I have edited the original post with the file links.

If there are any problems in the plugin install/uninstall let me know. I have tried it over and over and seems to work without problems.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Sweeeeeet  Very Happy

at last lovin the small maps dont get me wrong Ilike the big maps (gjs etc)
but small maps make for good quick battles imo

DOH!

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Also reminds me of cc2 Krete mod - still lovin it

DOH!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
My fault on not getting the files out in timely manner. I have edited the original post with the file links.

If there are any problems in the plugin install/uninstall let me know. I have tried it over and over and seems to work without problems.

Thank-You Ortona '43 Creators and Mooxe for the plugin
I'm downloading it now.

Do I need both files?

Von Manstein

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

downloading. ¡Thanks!

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Von Manstein wrote (View Post):
downloading. ¡Thanks!

Me too, thank you!

tripwire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Downloading.... THANK YOU!  Reports to follow.....   Smile

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

¡Thanks!  Very Happy

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

tripwire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Pete and Buck,  top quality mod for Ortona!!!  Thank you so much, guys.  From my first impressions of playing... you guys put a lot of time and attention into getting details just right.

Here's my first little single-player operation success at holding Berardi as the Germans.

Beautiful mod.  Smile

Berardi_14-15_Dec.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  455.25 KB
 Viewed:  21288 Time(s)

Berardi_14-15_Dec.jpg

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Looks like this battle was too easy for you  Wink  Attacking this map should be more difficult Wink

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

tripwire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:24 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Pete, after the first two tries playing this op as the Canadians..... the third time was a charm as the Germans!  :)

I gotta emphasize to everyone contemplating downloading this Ortona '43 mod.... there are really tremendous battles and ops (I must try one of the campaigns, soon) that the guys have constructed for these great small maps.   The maps are truly gorgeous and well made, too!

Thanks, again, Pete and Buck.

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I've just returned from exercise. I appreciate all the compliments but I think a large portion should go out to PT who's base work has lead to this result.

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:02 am Post subject: Re: Notes to Ortona '43 Beta I release Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Pete and Buck!
Great stuff...and for playing vs AI the smaller maps are great fun!
Very nice work on the maps...bravo!

Minor "bug" report. The gadget files supplied with the mod are missing Luftwaffe/FJ ranks.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Ortona 1943
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: