Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 pm Post subject: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Please post bugs, comments, and suggestions in this thread.  Current version is GJS-LSA 6.0 Beta.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:16 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi there.

How is it possible to play this mod h2h using gameranger?

When starting the game from GR, the vanilla version of LSA launches, not GJS 6.0

Hamachi works fine

Many thanks

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Unfortunately GR doesn't support fully-modded CC games unless you make a few graphic alterations, which I haven't had time to do.  Best solution for now is to meet up on GR and connect to your opponent the old-school way.

nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
10. Fixed crew size in Sherman Flail.
What has changed?

Cheers, nikin

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:

10. Fixed crew size in Sherman Flail.
What has changed?

Dunno.  It's been a while since that was changed, might have been that it was set to 4?  Also might have been a mistake in tLD (never released) that was not a mistake in GJS 4.4.

Vampir

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hmmm... ranks german ss units  on the display team data displayed like FJ units.

Przechwytywanie.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.49 KB
 Viewed:  27009 Time(s)

Przechwytywanie.JPG

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm... ranks german ss units  on the display team data displayed like FJ units.

Noted.  Thanks for letting me know.

KilovskimkIII

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Why no timer? Battles just go on and on especially if defending

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

There is a timer..  Confused

KilovskimkIII

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Doh!....My bad...feel all stoopid now! Embarassed  Laughing

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Have not played allied yet, only german

PLUS

works really fine, great coding, amazing intro sound, gun sounds

graphics of smoke wrecked tank or vehicle better

bg's seem well balanced and full of variation, i can see a lot of work went into it

must note airborne forces AI in campaign is good.. and agressive, they ran straight trough me and blew me away.. recon infantry was not spotted sneaked past me ? WTF.. wonder how these guys would be in human hands

really like the quote in the beginning of the cmpgn for the germen side.. i hope i get a quote like that every day
keeps me motivated, also the quotes on the map itself.. interesting to read how the germans felt

some small stuff i noted just playing against ai, and i know its not ment to be played against ai, but just for bugs

- grille and mark tank when set near a small hedrow sight straight in front of the tank is blocked, am i the only on getting this? had this playing the operation

- pak fires at infantry from medium range with gun in defense mode during operation

- second turn 7 in the morning, after night battle against airbornes, i got airstrike as german but i could not allocate during campaign, i believe its because of the suprise attack

and now its time to face Tigercub and Overkenshin H2h Smile

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I had to chance to check the game single player briefly, feels very nice so far!

I like the new sounds a lot generally. The only problem is the grenade throwing sound is a bit too loud and awkward and gets on the nerves. The previous grenade throwing sound from GJS was better in my opinion.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I think its very well done at this point great job Cathartes gun sounds are spot on seems to be bug free ...vehicle graphics

I will say the kill area for mortar is to large killing 7 men on the run with 1 round looks like a about 20m kill zone a little to effective but how they are fired with fight time is well done.

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

PHP:
grille and mark tank when set near a small hedrow sight straight in front of the tank is blockedam i the only on getting thishad this playing the operation 

pak fires at infantry from medium range with gun in defense mode during operation 

second turn 7 in the morningafter night battle against airbornesi got airstrike as german but i could not allocate during campaigni believe its because of the suprise attack 

Not sure of your situation with the hedgerow blocking LOS.   Hedgerows are of variable thicknesses and you will need to carefully site/hide tanks behind them for optimum defense.

Did the PAK fire its infantry weapons or the gun itself?  If it fired its small arms weapons, yes, this is hard to prevent in LSA unless we take all small arms weapons away from the gun crews.

Regarding the airstrike--it might be you can only place it on a proper BG, not a static BG.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
I had to chance to check the game single player briefly, feels very nice so far!

I like the new sounds a lot generally. The only problem is the grenade throwing sound is a bit too loud and awkward and gets on the nerves. The previous grenade throwing sound from GJS was better in my opinion.

Thanks, and noted.  Can possibly optimize sounds  in the future after further feedback.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

tigercub wrote (View Post):
I think its very well done at this point great job Cathartes gun sounds are spot on seems to be bug free ...vehicle graphics

I will say the kill area for mortar is to large killing 7 men on the run with 1 round looks like a about 20m kill zone a little to effective but how they are fired with fight time is well done.

Tigercub

Thanks.

Regarding the mortars, their killing effectiveness is the same as LSA.  However, they are far less accurate in this current iteration.  If a mortar round goes off within 20m of a bunch of upright men, I think you can reasonably expect those results.  Mortars were the cause of most of the British/Canadian casualties in Normandy.

Vampir

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

On the "soldier display" ranks troops from 21 PzDiv are mixed.
PG sections - displayed like SS ranks; tanks and guns, mortars etc. crews displayed  WH ranks.
On the "soldier display" any SS unit ranks displayed like WH ranks (all troops: inrantry, crews etc).
Sorry for my english Smile

gjs ss troops ranks.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  447.89 KB
 Viewed:  24728 Time(s)

gjs ss troops ranks.PNG

PG ranks 21 PZdiv.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  305.46 KB
 Viewed:  24728 Time(s)

PG ranks 21 PZdiv.PNG

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

great mod!
My 2 cents:
1). snipers IMHO are to weak
a).I think morale/experience should be higher (those guys are well trained)
b). PB and short range should be set to longer distance
c). firing shouldnt be visiible (there is an option in one of the txt files)
2). Maybe it was an extreme luck for both of us (me and my companion in H2H game): german guns on the beaches, placed in bunker were next to immortal as well as allied tanks were. My guys (germans) couldnt hit anything for ALL their ammo so there were quite a number fo shots. Light green LOS, 200-210 meters. I think all the tanks should be knocked out - insted of this we had a shooting range. Tanks (4 units) were shooting at my gun placed in a bunker and didnt kill it! for 15minutes of gameplay

I find small arms very realistic, nice idea with mortars (from 200m) etc
Good job guys!

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
On the "soldier display" ranks troops from 21 PzDiv are mixed.
PG sections - displayed like SS ranks; tanks and guns, mortars etc. crews displayed  WH ranks.
On the "soldier display" any SS unit ranks displayed like WH ranks (all troops: inrantry, crews etc).

Thanks for the specific feedback, Yes, I have some ranks to sort out still.

Quote:
1). snipers IMHO are to weak
a).I think morale/experience should be higher (those guys are well trained)
b). PB and short range should be set to longer distance
c). firing shouldnt be visiible (there is an option in one of the txt files)
2). Maybe it was an extreme luck for both of us (me and my companion in H2H game): german guns on the beaches, placed in bunker were next to immortal as well as allied tanks were. My guys (germans) couldnt hit anything for ALL their ammo so there were quite a number fo shots. Light green LOS, 200-210 meters. I think all the tanks should be knocked out - insted of this we had a shooting range. Tanks (4 units) were shooting at my gun placed in a bunker and didnt kill it! for 15minutes of gameplay

I find small arms very realistic, nice idea with mortars (from 200m) etc
Good job guys!

Thanks for the feedback.  I can certainly adjust snipers in the next update, but would be interested in the feedback from others.  Snipers can be pretty effective at suppressing troops in LSA, so I kept their weapon performance the same as their infantry cousins.  

Regarding your shootout:  Was it the 5.0cm fixed AT gun?  Bunkers are more protective than ever, and most fire against them is area fire.  Further, tanks only fire HE (after the first round in the chamber) at AT Guns (hard-coded in LSA) so a direct hit is required, and crews around guns in bunkers are VERY WELL protected from this.  Plan on using your naval barrage and/or infantry to take them out.  Best not to get into a tank vs bunker duel if possible. The best tools to use are AVREs and CROCs if available. Also, in LSA AT guns are much less accurate overall if the crew is under fire, suppressed, scared, or wounded, and duels can go on for some time in the situation you described.  Finally... as you know, CC series still sometimes gets stuck in an endless shootout loop with little or no damage getting inflicted.  Please keep me posted if this repeats.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):

Thanks for the feedback.  I can certainly adjust snipers in the next update, but would be interested in the feedback from others.  Snipers can be pretty effective at suppressing troops in LSA, so I kept their weapon performance the same as their infantry cousins.  

Regarding your shootout:  Was it the 5.0cm fixed AT gun?  Bunkers are more protective than ever, and most fire against them is area fire.  Further, tanks only fire HE (after the first round in the chamber) at AT Guns (hard-coded in LSA) so a direct hit is required, and crews around guns in bunkers are VERY WELL protected from this.  Plan on using your naval barrage and/or infantry to take them out.  Best not to get into a tank vs bunker duel if possible. The best tools to use are AVREs and CROCs if available. Also, in LSA AT guns are much less accurate overall if the crew is under fire, suppressed, scared, or wounded, and duels can go on for some time in the situation you described.  Finally... as you know, CC series still sometimes gets stuck in an endless shootout loop with little or no damage getting inflicted.  Please keep me posted if this repeats.

I think taking a single unit (a sniper) instead of a 7 man team is worth only under special circumstances. Like defending againts tanks for examply. Thats why i believe it should be really effective and deadly - there are just a few units of them by a BG. And such a team can be easly taken down. In my opinion its better to make them trully good, but limited to lets say 1 unit per BG, maybe two.
Same thing with AT weapons - I think shrecks/bazooka should be effective, but only at a limited range. I didnt check howit works now - I am just expressing my opinion:) The idea behind is that the defender should have an ability to defend instead of exploiting morale to slow down enemy advancing.
Apart from effectivness, sniper shots shoudlnt be visible I think

Regarding gunfight - these werent PAKs. These were the old types - but what is strange, on an another map they were pretty effective. Ill keep you updated, but seems bunkers are too tough.

Is it only me, but seems some AT guns refused shooting at infantry (with guns, not small arms)?

Did you changed mines effectivnes? On one of the maps, my opponent lost 2 tanks due to mines

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: