Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
RussianTuna

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:34 am Post subject: Heavily Armored Tanks Reply with quote

Im playing The Russian Front right now. Grand Campaign. Im on Day 1 of Relieving the Korsun Pocket,1st Panzer To the Rescue.

The enemy Germans deploy tanks that I cant even damage at all. I have 2 AA Guns,a Sherman,4 T-34 '43's and every shot just bounces off. I am up against a Ferdinand,Elefant. They both just shrug my shots off and one shot my tanks. I have yet to even damage one. To add to this they have some infantry,AT carrier and 2 STuG's. Those all pose no problem,I quickly take them out.

But then as if the Ferdinand and Elefant aren't enough, they have a Panther D. While I CAN destroy it,it usually gets at least one of my tanks if not 2. This map if heavily forested so they are just outside the town before I can even see them.

How the hell do I destroy an Elefant? Even the AA guns tell me they cant damage it.

I have no idea what to do. I have not lost a campaign yet but this will be it if any Evil or Very Mad

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:16 am Post subject: Re: Heavily Armored Tanks Reply with quote

Remember when used to play CC3 in H2H many moons ago, was generally an agreement that the German player would not take the Ferdinand in any pre late 1944 battles for that reason. Vs the AI though it can be dealt with, but it's tricky. The side armor is the only weakness of course, even in late war battles with 200mm of frontal armor.

You may have access to an 85mm AA gun that can take it out from the side, or disable it at the least and force it to point in a "safe" direction. The Sherman with it's 75mm gun can also hurt it with it's L40 gun, at close range, ditto the T34 from the side andrear.

I'd try to use the 75mm gun (AT) if you have it yet and hope. Search the map, or if you have any of those nasty Soviet flame engineers, hide 1-2 of them and can cook it when it advances.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 am Post subject: Re: Heavily Armored Tanks Reply with quote

BBQ the sucker.  The Sov Flammers are just right for BBQing elephant meat.  Got to sneak in close but once you're there raise the temperature to well done

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: Heavily Armored Tanks Reply with quote

Against AI just rush them with all your tanks at once so you get a chance to a side shot, the Ferndinand/elephant are slow to turn, you'll lose a few of your own but you can replace them. I even do this against Soviet AI early in the war when german tanks are made of paper, my favorite map for doing this being the one with the hill and bunker in the middle of the map, I think is the last one of the first OP.

I would not invest in AT guns though since you will be mostly on the offensive and an AT gun is a tank that is not moving forward.

RussianTuna

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: Heavily Armored Tanks Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I ended up playing an entire German Grand Campaign before returning to the Russians. Germans are SO much easier its ridiculous.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: