Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:23 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

hmmm, not sure if that is good or bad.

A mouse is a lot more accurate than a finger when pointing and clicking so hopefully they do not have to make all the buttons bigger covering up more of the map which we see less of since PiTF (the map scale was changed making a bigger/more detailed map but you see less distance)....

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:36 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

http://unity3d.com/gallery/made-with-unity/game-list?field_platform_tid=All&field_genre_tid=All

You can sort through the games made for iOS, it may give an idea of what they can do. Unity engine lets you make cross platform games. Graphics are great.... but they've never been the crux of Close Combat. This sites last Close Combat will be Gateway to Caen anyways. The 3D version will be so different that it won't apply here and to most users who are still lurking.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:54 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
This sites last Close Combat will be Gateway to Caen anyways. The 3D version will be so different that it won't apply here and to most users who are still lurking.

If the new CC keeps the name I can foresee many new users visiting this site - you'll need to change your website to 2D-CC Series with none of that new-fangled 3D thingamajiggie allowed.com.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:11 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Is it not better to wait to see the final product before making any conclusions? I don't know what is waiting us with Bloody first but a lot of people were crying that nothing new was done after CC5! Now that there is an innovation, give Matrix a chance to renew this game. If they fail, it will always remain Gateway to Caen to make mods... Wink

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:44 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

The two things that stand out the most to me is they already stated there will be no strategic map.

And I recall on CSO when just the mere mentioning of a new CC (Which ended up being the re-releases) their were pages and pages and multiple threads with excitement.
So far I see nothing of the sorts for the new 3D CC.
The forums for the new 3D game are just as dead as the WaR forums.

I do have a wait and see attitude,but I do not have high hopes.
The lack of high hopes stem from what I've seen out of the re-releases.

The iPad?
I could care less.
Don't have one
Don't want one.

That and the NoteBook are killing the Printing Industry (My Profession).

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Close Combat in 3D has been tried twice so far. GICombat and EYSA. They were basically literal translations of CC into 3D. Neither of them took off for more reasons than one. Definetly not just because it was 3D.

Who says 3D is how this game has to evolve anyways? Theres still tons of hex based and top down 2D RTS games being pumped out. The new 3D version will be so out of whack from the original concept of the game you will only recognize it by the name.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Close Combat in 3D has been tried twice so far. GICombat and EYSA. They were basically literal translations of CC into 3D. Neither of them took off for more reasons than one. Definetly not just because it was 3D.

Who says 3D is how this game has to evolve anyways? Theres still tons of hex based and top down 2D RTS games being pumped out. The new 3D version will be so out of whack from the original concept of the game you will only recognize it by the name.

Exactly...all the big shot Gaming Industry Executives are like clones that copy each other.  They assume that everything must be 3D , when in fact some games are a terrible fit for that and will not succeed.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

I did buy both GI Combat and EYSA.

I cant say I didn't like what they did,but I did have a hard time playing them.
I actually thought they were fun to play.
They were hard for me to play though with the scrolling,view,LOS

I'm hoping that tbf is gonna follow the same path as the original games but with just a slightly tilted view or maybe even a broader view.
Hence giving it that 3D look.

If you look at how the original series and then the re-releases have been created/re-created I'm also hoping that tbf is the CCIII version and then the sequel will come with the strategic map.
Just seems like they prefer to dink and dunk with upgrades rather than do them all at once.

It shouldn't be too long before we get some screen shots and probably a video.
Hopefully ingame stuff and not screen art.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Maybe, one of the main attributes regarding 3D, is the labor savings over 2D games, where humans hand draw the game's artwork in advance.

Even shadows on vechicles, must be pre-drawn, sometimes requiring up to 64 images for all the various (clock) positions of the vehicle.

It (the labor issue) is certainly a drawback to new material, as there just aren't enough map makers to churn out everything we want. Southern_land is great, but we need about 10 more quys just like him.

All that being said, I eventually came to the conclusion, that I would stick with the current 2d games, and play them until they could no longer run on the box. And when the day comes that they can't run on the box, I would just give it all up, and find some other hobby.

And it would seem to me, that I have accomplished more than I thought I would with CCMT. Sometimes I wish I hadn't done all the WW2 stuff. It was a big time waster, but fun nevertheless.

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Maybe, one of the main attributes regarding 3D, is the labor savings in having humans hand draw the game's artwork in advance.

Even shadows on vechicles, must be pre-drawn, sometimes requiring up to 64 images for all the various (clock) positions of the vehicle.

It (the labor issue) is certainly a drawback to new material, as there just aren't enough map makers to churn out everything we want. Southern_land is great, but we need about 10 more quys just like him.

All that being said, I eventually came to the conclusion, that I would stick with the current 2d games, and play them until they could no longer run on the box. And when the day comes that they can't run on the box, I would just give it all up, and find some other hobby.

And it would seem to me, that I have accomplished more than I thought I would with CCMT. Sometimes I wish I hadn't done all the WW2 stuff. It was a big time waster, but fun nevertheless.

I can agree with all of that.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

me too!  Very Happy

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

OK, I didn't phrase that very well, so I went back and corrected the original post. The Edit is highlighted in red.   Confused

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:04 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

I'll wait and see how the game looks before judging. They say it will be 3D but top down still....

Making game not have a strat and more like CC3/COI I think is to reduce the work required. Plus it changes things up from the last few releases they have done (I wonder if they are seeing dropping sales?)....

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Hi all. I have not written here for years but at least I check the forum when I find some of time (or I should tell you when I want......Wink ). The fact is how I was very surprised the past friday when I discovered all about this new 3D CC. By the moment and after look the very few information about it, it looks well and I do not go to be too critic when there are not too information or even a single screenshot about it.

About what I think from 3D and the few features told about it. For me, the strategic map with many battlegroups always as a piece of shit, it killed many mods and it stopped all the conversions from the old mods to the new games. By this reason I would be more happier if we can just join some maps at a linear mode making a campaign as CC3. It would be a lot easier.

I would like know what engine are they editing for the game. I have read about unity but I would like more information. I do not make me ilusions but I wait that we can edit the 3D models from the new game or at least to add new models. I´m not afraid from edit models at 3D, if I can make a AT-AT walking, I would be surprised if I can not edit this, it is a matter from the correct tools and some of time learning them.

I hope that they can add at 3D graphics all the amount from the CC data, I would not like a new RTS, I want a wargame.

About ipad......I´m not interested at this but a android version would be a lot better for me

About the other CC games, Kanov told it.
Quote:
I think it would be best to treat LSA as the ultimate re-release CC pre-PitF and port everything to it.

It would be a better option than continue editing TLD, I have seen how some mods where ported to it. But personally the best option would be port all them to Panthers in the Fog, of course there are problems, there are not tools for edit the maps. The point from the conversions is always to use the best features.

With the new CC 3D, I would like that they do not release one new game each year and they will release DLC, thanks to this method, a bigger amount of mods can be created and they can continue winning money.

And well, this is my opinion about the new game.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Jump to: