Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Nice! It's a great job you've been doing, thanks for keeping it up!

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:07 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Yes awesome...thanks Gunsche.  I was disappointed in LSA more than any other of the rewrites.  Very interested in your mod, looks more similar to original CC2 game.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Good work! looking forward to it  Very Happy

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Anyone else feeing that the american LZ/DZs are a bit empty? They really don't look like landing or drop zones.

This looks alot better in this picture (my opinion)  :mrgreen:

Well, now Im off to celebrate chrismtas, we swedes celebrate on the 24th of december  Wink

Wyler LZ T WACO.JPG
 Description:
Wyler LZ T
 Filesize:  790.02 KB
 Viewed:  526 Time(s)

Wyler LZ T WACO.JPG

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Gunsche

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:46 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Because I was too much of a scrub I forgot that Valburg (east of Elst) should be left in the mod. The 43rd Wessex division used it to flank the german defenses in Elst and I of course want the players to have the ability to flank Elst as well.
But the get Valburg back in the game, Velp had to go.
The empty area left from Velp (and Schaarsbergen) have now been incorpetared into the neighboring map areas (see the screen shots).
Also, changed Gemert (Eindhoven sector) so that you can go to Son. My argument is that the 107 Panzer brigade needs a staging area which to attack Son and Veghel from and somwhere to get suppiles from and retreat to since the 107 is far to important to be disbanded that easily.

And now something thats actually new.
Taking a second look on the 50th infantry division, I have decided to remove the 231st and 151st brigades. The 69th Brigade moved up the highway to Nijmegen and was cut in half by the 107 panzer on the 25th while the 151 was "just" guarding the right flank of the Eindhoven sector, not seeing any action at all.
The 231st did see action on the 17th while clearing the flanks left behind the Irish guards as the moved up to Valkenswaard. On the 18th they moved into the village to take up defensive positions as the Irish resumed their advance. They would stay there a couple of days until moving up with the 151st brigade to defend the right flank.
Essentialy, these two brigades didn't do anything inside the mod area of operations.

Now they have been replaced with the 3rd battalion / 508th PIR and the 131st lorried infantry brigade (along with the 5/Inniskillen Dragoon Guards and the 8/Hussars) of the 7th armoured division. They were sent to the 50th ID to help opening the corridor again as the 231 and 151 were too far away and  busy guarding the flank.

The 508th PIR bg has been converted into the 2nd battalion 508th PIR.

BGs.JPG
 Description:
107 Panzer Brigade just there to show what their emblem might have looke like acording to photographs of unit vehicles in the netherlands 1944.
 Filesize:  16.23 KB
 Viewed:  457 Time(s)

BGs.JPG

Stratmap 4.2GW.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  302.9 KB
 Viewed:  403 Time(s)

Stratmap 4.2GW.JPG

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:18 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

wow, looks good. i like LSA and its options but the stock LSA GC could have been better. looking forward to this mod  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Thanks!
I know you shouldn't state an ETA for a project, but I am aiming to finishing this during september 2014, but there are so many small things that needs to be done and when you have finished off a couple of them; then you find more stuff to do!  
The german forcefpool for example is being remade for the 3rd time now!  Shocked
And not to mention that I want to redo the entire stratmap as Matrixs' stock one looks rather boring and simple, but Im lacking a bit in the artist deparment  Rolling Eyes

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

september... sounds good to me...LOL
ive read "it never snows in september" numerous times. great book on the campaign, lots of good info.
im hoping your adding some A/T capability's to the german forcepool. the stock game seems to be a bit lacking in that dept. i tried to convince matrix steve that the germans didnt use rocks to stop the allied armour.  Cool  
german assault teams in arnhem would be a nice addition too.  Smile  
also...perhaps some more MG ammo for the premier german troops, such as the SS.

thanks again for your efforts.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:52 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):
And not to mention that I want to redo the entire stratmap as Matrixs' stock one looks rather boring and simple, but Im lacking a bit in the artist deparment  Rolling Eyes

Ya, creating a new strat map is tough. You want something that looks good but even after doing that you have to break into all its pieces.... Been trying to put something together for Meuse 1940 to go from 44 to 64 maps now for a bit (I'll put a preview in the Meuse mod thread)....

Gunsche

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Tejszd, it would be awesome if there were templates to use and just puzzle together a stratmap, but no such luck.
Good luck with the stratmap for Meuse, Im certain you will finish it with flying colours  Wink

stiener, the AT issue of the axis BGs was one of the major things bugging too, but not to worry! Plenty of panzerfäuste 60s(correct plural for Panzerfaust?), even fausts to some secondline troops. Howerver, the dutch SS won't see any of them, best they got are grenadebundles, 2cm flak and 3,7cm PaK.

MG ammo was also an issue, my impression is that german soldiers would bring as much MG ammo as possible, 450 rounds sounds very low as the MG42 eats it all up very quickly, rendering the MG group useless pretty early in a battle.
MGs will also be plenty, in KG von Allwörden some squads will even have two of them! (Read personal account of SS-Corporal Alfred Ziegler in It Never Sonows In September by Robert Kershaw)  Wink

Gunsche

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Phew, it's almost been a month already? Time flies when you have fun  Laughing

The lack of updates however doesn't mean that I haven't been making progress!
I do belive Im quite finished with the maps and stratmap, did some changes to the Son Heath map by adding a few gliders and parachutes on the ground to simulate the extreme west side of the DZ/LZ (I always wanted the LZ/DZ maps to actually look like ones!)

Have been fiddeling with the reinforcements for the allied airborne BGs, the 101st and 82nd recives recce troops upon contact with XXX Corps, to be lather beefed up/exchanged for sherman/cromwell tanks . Even the poles gets reinforcements now in the form of two recce troops from 2nd Household cavalry regiment.

And of course I have been poking through the german team and forcepool files, more about that later.

But now to something important, something thats been "debated" on the forum a couple of times.  im talking about the gaphic "cards" for the units. Matrix uses the "NATO" style cards and the original CC series uses "cartoon" ones while mod makers usually takes original wartime photographs.

What am I to pick? The easiest would be to just use the NATO ones and it's very simple to make new ones.
It is highly unlikly Im doing the original close combat ones.
Im currently in favour for war time photos, I have quite a few from the Market Garden timeframe that goes well into the mod but ome times I have to comprimise, one example being the Tiger 2 as there is no OMG picture of one that hasn't been destroyed.

So what do you all think? Throw your opinions at me, folks  Cool

Unit Cards.JPG
 Description:
Which one do you prefer?
 Filesize:  10.67 KB
 Viewed:  13586 Time(s)

Unit Cards.JPG

Son LZ DZ.JPG
 Description:
Modified Son Heath
 Filesize:  96.92 KB
 Viewed:  395 Time(s)

Son LZ DZ.JPG

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I vote for the war times photos Wink

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Me too Very Happy

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:07 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

War Time Please

WhiteHorse

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:00 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

War Time Please too. Very Happy

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:54 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Am I the only one who favor NATO style cards? I feel they make it much easier to make out which units you've selected than photos on the unit selection screen..

(by the way, I don't enjoy the "pure" NATO symbols that many wargames use, but I do enjoy those "contour" ones used in CC games since TLD - like the PG Zugführer one pictured above in Gunsche's post)

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I the only one who favor NATO style cards? I feel they make it much easier to make out which units you've selected than photos on the unit selection screen..

what we did for BfC was WW2 photos in BG screen but NATO symbols for quick identification in during battle Smile.

Gunsche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Right, forgot that combo!
Its a very good one as the real photos are very hard to make out when they are that small.

What do you think will be the best?

Also, any reason regular CC5 didn't have the german rank of corporal in the game? Obergefreiter (=over/1st corporal?) is in but not regular corporal. Time to change that, right?

GSUnit.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.18 KB
 Viewed:  13477 Time(s)

GSUnit.JPG

Corp'.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.81 KB
 Viewed:  371 Time(s)

Corp'.JPG

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Definitely war time photos for icons.  Any rough estimate for mod completion?   The reason why I ask is that CCS website potentially might get shut down in a few months and I doubt we can depend on Matrix or Slitherine to host files.  Mooxe should give us heads up but our time might be limited.  Thanks again for all your work on this mod.

Gunsche

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Thanks, dj!
I think war time photos is what most players wants, but thats my estimate and Im sticking with it  Wink

At the moment I have these things to take care of before a releas or public beta:

Unit pics

Fix some errors in the screen graphics (particulary the main screen and command screen)

Redo german teams
Redo german focepools

Fix dutch SS medal  (yes there is a medal for the german collaborating dutch men)

Fix some battles, operations and the campaigns. (Historical corrections, get the new maps in etc etc)

Ingame sounds ( have no clue to use, wanted to use realistic sounds but Im not getting any good results. NO WAY im using stock LSA sounds!)

A new intro video ( Why not?  Wink  )

And lastly reedo the Hill 75.9 map's tree shadows as they were far to dense/dark in comparison to the other shadows on the map.

So I might be done by.....say ... late spring/early summer?

Can't tell for sure, but after a while of slacking im stepping up the game folks.

Hopefully I can post an update on what has been done in the weeks since the last.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: