Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
SebRays

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Hello, anybody here ??

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:49 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

SebRays wrote (View Post):
By the way, did you manage to find a way to get a "Major" when selecting squad like "Company HQ" and "Platoon HQ" because I checked and the rank is indeed in the "GameGadg.gdg" file and there are even sounds in "*. sfx" files.

I don't think there is a way to do implement the major as it is now, I've never seen a major used in any of the CC games I've played (except in COI). But you could edit the game to use a major's rank graphic and voice file instead of captain, but that wouldn't really be the same, and the voice file for "The Major has been wounded" (file no. 0032) will not be used in the game.
This could be done quite easily in LSA, WAR or TLD since they use several possible nation files. This way you could have one separate nation with these minor edits and only use it for company command squads.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:18 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

How's it going?

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Sorry for the slow reply, but you know: the weather is wonderfull, the birds are singing etc etc  (not to mention 30+ celcius indoors!)
Laughing

Progress has been slow during the summer but not halted.
Those damned unit card pics for the germans are coming along at an painfully slow pace.
At the moment I have put that aside to work on the vehicle wrecks as many are the ugly stock ones and some are missing for the new vehicles which will cause crasches if that particular vehicle wreck was ment to be present on the battlefield.

When that is done Im thinking of releasing a beta for you all to test while I finish the small things.
Any god idea where I can upload it? Unzipped its about 1,62 GB.

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Mooxe should be able to get that set-up for you.  Good stuff...any new screen shots?

Gunsche

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Quote:
Good stuff...any new screen shots?

I get the feeling, dj!  Wink
Sadly I have nothing to show for yet, maybe some ingame screens of the new maps?
Or screens from a test campaign playing as the allies?

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Would love to see the new maps.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:17 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Alrighty then, here is the first map: LZ-Z Renkum Heath
Map by southerland, coding and tree planting by me.

The scenario: A company from KGr Krafft has located one of the LZs and is attempting to delay the allied advance.

(This battle ain't in the GC as KGr Krafft is busy at Wolfheze. The company who did attack the LZ didn't stay very long and fell back to Krafft due to fear of being encircled)

1.JPG
 Description:
Getting across the road to try to set up a havy MG team. British starts to lay down mortar fire.
 Filesize:  178.23 KB
 Viewed:  522 Time(s)

1.JPG

2.JPG
 Description:
A couple of Para teams are still on the LZ and they are desperately trying to get of it. My mortars and MG are doing their magic.
 Filesize:  173.37 KB
 Viewed:  423 Time(s)

2.JPG

Last edited by Gunsche on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:29 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Continue from the previous post

4.JPG
 Description:
Two scout teams finds a pesky mortar section. In a minute the mortars are silenced.
 Filesize:  169.86 KB
 Viewed:  407 Time(s)

4.JPG

5.JPG
 Description:
Grenadiers are moving up to some of the northern field landed gliders.
 Filesize:  167.58 KB
 Viewed:  470 Time(s)

5.JPG

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

6.JPG
 Description:
Moving on the road is suicidal. My men try to crawl by the side of the road but several of them gets killed by a Vickers further down the field to the south.
 Filesize:  167.92 KB
 Viewed:  443 Time(s)

6.JPG

7.JPG
 Description:
Accurate MG and rifle fire coming from this area.
 Filesize:  170.21 KB
 Viewed:  396 Time(s)

7.JPG

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

The battle is over and my troops made very little progress. Most of the time they were suppressed by the enemy MG fire. The british could shoot pretty much where he wanted to: the map is flat after all and there is very little cover.

But thats how a landing zone is supposed to look like  Wink

Next map coming soon.

8.JPG
 Description:
Battle is over!
 Filesize:  67.13 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

8.JPG

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:18 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Small update.

KGr Reinhold's Pz IVs were removed and they recived 2 StuG IIIGs. The Panzer IVs will later show up as reinforcements.
This is so simulate the ferry crossing operations the 10.SS were conducting at the Pannerden. They could only send 1 tank across at a time.  

I did a check on the mortars as I felt they were too accurate. Their acuraccy rating were set to 252 (50%?) resulting in pretty tight clusters of explosions around the enemy with devastating results. They have now been lowered to 33 and tested.
Check the attached images ( in wrong order ofc) to see the results.

400m.JPG
 Description:
Twice the range, just blindfire. Very few shells lands in the green area where I put the FIRE command dots. Red circles shows two concentrations of detonations about 30-40 meters from the green area. Note the yellow zones.
 Filesize:  221.83 KB
 Viewed:  418 Time(s)

400m.JPG

200m.JPG
 Description:
Range to target is 200meters (minimum range for the medium mortars). Firing with 4 3-inch and 4 2-inch mortars. Results are pretty clear: at close ranges the mortars are still pretty accurate.
 Filesize:  82.91 KB
 Viewed:  399 Time(s)

200m.JPG

dj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:37 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Thanks Gunsche.  Are you using smaller maps similar size as original CC2?  Actually I would prefer smaller maps - hope that can improve AI gameplay, similar to original CC2. Plus it should save a bit of time for creating the maps.  How is the Strategic map looking?  Keep it up...we are all looking forward to this mod!

Gunsche

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:21 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

The new maps are of varying sizes. Some of them are remakes of the original CC2 maps, so they are pretty small compared to some of the LSA maps.

Please observe: I have NOT made any of these maps. I have only planted trees and coded them.
All graphical-wise work was mady by southerland.

Koevering.JPG
 Description:
The assembly point for 502 PIR in the Eindhoven sector. rnIt's also a place where the german player may try to cut the corridor.
 Filesize:  541.48 KB
 Viewed:  369 Time(s)

Koevering.JPG

Elst Approach.JPG
 Description:
Just before the Elst map. Just to give the germans more of a chance of stalling the allies.
 Filesize:  598.61 KB
 Viewed:  400 Time(s)

Elst Approach.JPG

Devils Hill Hill 75.JPG
 Description:
North of the Groesbeek LZs.rnCalled the Devil's Hill
 Filesize:  512.7 KB
 Viewed:  387 Time(s)

Devils Hill Hill 75.JPG

Best Town.JPG
 Description:
The Best area has been split in two. Now there is Best Town and Best Bridge.
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Viewed:  425 Time(s)

Best Town.JPG

Last edited by Gunsche on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Gunsche

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:26 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Post 2

Renkum Heath LZ Z.JPG
 Description:
You have already seen it but I did modify it further by adding some more trees for cover.
 Filesize:  617.32 KB
 Viewed:  387 Time(s)

Renkum Heath LZ Z.JPG

West Oosterbeek.JPG
 Description:
Another map to make the british Oosterbeek perimiter bigger when they get encircled by KG von Tettau from the west and the II.SS Pz Korps from the east.
 Filesize:  535.66 KB
 Viewed:  408 Time(s)

West Oosterbeek.JPG

Veghel Town.JPG
 Description:
Just a map infront of the Veghel bridge. Will see battles later in the campaign as the germans try to cut the corridor.
 Filesize:  495.68 KB
 Viewed:  344 Time(s)

Veghel Town.JPG

Lent.JPG
 Description:
The first village across the Nijmegen bridge, also the only map which the Waal crossing map is connected to.
 Filesize:  336.45 KB
 Viewed:  333 Time(s)

Lent.JPG

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:34 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Thanks for the previews!

dj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Good idea, no need to reinvent the wheel, might as well re-use CC2 maps.  I thought they looked a lot smaller than LSA maps.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:36 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Great work!

Looking forward to those small maps  Smile

/Mats

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

looking good!!! cant wait for the mod  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Gunsche

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:33 am Post subject: Re: It Never Snows In September: A mod for Last Stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Good news people! Very Happy
Beta is currently being uploaded, only 3hrs to go.... Evil or Very Mad

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: