Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:47 am Post subject: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Hi to all, waiting TLD Kharkov mod, for now you can see some pictures of it into Kharkov album in TLD section of combat camera.
Here the link: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=234

Drizzt

Edit: Battlegroup forcepool pictures you can see there come from version 2.0 (so they aren't adjourned: in v 2.2 some teams inside them have been changed and/or reworked).

Last edited by Drizzt on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:54 am; edited 3 times in total

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Looking great! Thank you for your work.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:22 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

That strat map is awesome very well done and detailed. The small strat map image when you select a map (the one with the red circle)
is a nice touch with the historic offensive image attached.

Thanks for all this effort Drizzt, I'm itching to play this!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:41 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Hi Drizzt,

no M42 in 1942.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

to Dima: thanks for reporting, do you speak about a main screen weapon (two years ago I have reworked the OT 34 to be no more an OT 34 and accidentally also one soldier weapon near it: probably not a good result about weapon), or maybe the mg team (M42 = MG42?) image of the panzer division? From time to time in these years I have added/changed some team images. Or something else? Please be more clear and I will correct.

to Doktor Paj and Pzt kanov: thanks for the comments!

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Quote:
to Dima: thanks for reporting, do you speak about a main screen weapon (two years ago I have reworked the OT 34 to be no more an OT 34 and accidentally also one soldier weapon near it: probably not a good result about weapon), or maybe the mg team (M42 = MG42?) image of the panzer division? From time to time in these years I have added/changed some team images. Or something else? Please be more clear and I will correct.

I meant ATG - 45mm obr.42 (M42) - it wasn't available that time.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Thanks, now is clear: the obr. 42 you can see it's a 76.2mm (Zis3) medium anti tank gun: the only 45mm that I have in the mod it's the obr.37. When I say "you can see" I mean in the mod, I don't pretend to be 100% sure that the team image is corrected, if you think that the team image is not corrected I will change it (I have trust in your valutation).

Drizzt

Edit: I have noticed only now that there isn't the image of the obr. 42 in starting teams. Anyway, if you think that the 76.2mm was not available I will change it.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Looks great... nice work  Cool  .

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:56 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

The mini strat map or red circle map is a cool idea.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks, now is clear: the obr. 42 you can see it's a 76.2mm (Zis3) medium anti tank gun: the only 45mm that I have in the mod it's the obr.37. When I say "you can see" I mean in the mod, I don't pretend to be 100% sure that the team image is corrected, if you think that the team image is not corrected I will change it (I have trust in your valutation).

ah, ok, thing is that the only PTO (ATG) obr.42 in RA was 45mm M42.
ZIS-3 was a DP (divisional gun) obr.42 and as it was only put in mass production in February 1942 I don't think there should be many of them available in Kharkov time.
F-22USV (DP obr.39) was the main DP available to RA that time with production of more than 1200 pcs per month.

and there should be only 1 SMG per team maximum that time with most of teams with no SMG.
no Avtomatchiki either. Only 27 SMG per battalion that time.

and don't forget that in Spring 1942 the RA squad had 10men, same as German infantry squad while f.e. German PzGr squad had 12men and Schutzen(mot) squad had 14men.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:00 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

to Dima: Thanks, about DP 0br. 39 - 42 I will correct it. Ok about Avtomatchiki, and I can easily correct also the number of submachineguns (but also for platoon leader squad?)

Standard RA squad has already ten men in the mod. About germans.. maybe I must change another time reinforcement system: only the 9 russian rifle divisions deployed in south sector can reinforce (so not all russian rifle divisions as I have planned before), I do in this way just because russian teams in forcepools had already more men than germans. if I set all stardard german rifle teams to 10 (12 and 14 is impossible but I’m sure you know it) maybe is better restored 1 reinforce possibility for all russian rifle divisions (for the historical numeric proportions of the forces in the battle). I will see..

Questions: I have included in the mod very few KV-I tanks with a zis-5 gun: do you think the’re available (even if few) in mod timeline?
Marder II: very recently I have read that only 14th panzer division had very few of them (the first available), but actually in the mod there are some of them in every divisional panzer abtl. (of infantry divisions). Should I suppose that they were not available right? I mean: you exclude that some of them was in infantry divisions?

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:26 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Quote:
to Dima: Thanks, about DP 0br. 39 - 42 I will correct it. Ok about Avtomatchiki, and I can easily correct also the number of submachineguns (but also for platoon leader squad?)

according to the TOE no SMG in Battalion except 1 per rifle squad.

Quote:
Standard RA squad has already ten men in the mod. About germans.. maybe I must change another time reinforcement system: only the 9 russian rifle divisions deployed in south sector can reinforce (so not all russian rifle divisions as I have planned before), I do in this way just because russian teams in forcepools had already more men than germans. if I set all stardard german rifle teams to 10 (12 and 14 is impossible but I’m sure you know it) maybe is better restored 1 reinforce possibility for all russian rifle divisions (for the historical numeric proportions of the forces in the battle). I will see..

you can always split 12-14men sections in smaller ones Smile.

Quote:
tions: I have included in the mod very few KV-I tanks with a zis-5 gun: do you think the’re available (even if few) in mod timeline?

yes, i think most of KVs should be with ZIS-5 that time.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:26 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

to Dima: ok for all and thanks, only one thing about number of teams: splitting squad is good for number of teams in forcepools (about reinforcement problem etc.) but in tactical maps can create (in my opinion) problems: every squad splitted needs another team slot (we don't have it) to really simulate this thing in CC battles (it' a point view, I hope it'is clear what I want to say). Maybe is better set panzergrenadiere with 10 soldiers: after all they will enconter full russian rifle squads. Of course another solution can be to split also russian rifle squads (even if theoretically not necessary, but just to balance german splitted squad). I will see, but I think I will set 10 soldiers for all standard german rifle squads.

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

I remembered wrong, 11men per squad for RA that time Smile.

It's all up to you, but some info to think about:

RA 11men squad was trained to act 3(LMG)+8(Rifle).
German infantry 10men squad was trained to act as a full 10men(LMG).
German PzGren (gp) 12men squad was trained to act as 5(LMG)+5(LMG)+2(staying with HT).
German PzGren(mot) 14men squad was trained to act as 6(LMG)+6(LMG)+2(staying with 2 trucks).

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Very interesting Dima. No motorized divisions in Kharkov mod (one problem less). The two soldiers in HT and trucks in my opinion in CC don't count. So:
I will port the various schutzen and panzergreadiere to 10 men. And the russian teams will remain with 10 men (one men less) but I will delete the difference about teams of 10 men with lmg and teams of 10 men without lmg (for now in the mod they are in this way).

Do you know something about ersatztrupp and nov. strelki (reserve rifle squad) number of soldiers?

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Quote:
No motorized divisions in Kharkov mod (one problem less).

in MID there were Shuetzen (mot) ;)

As the Germans could never meet a demand in HTs the bulk of PzGrens were carried in trucks hence called PzGren(mot) and had 14men squads.
The few which were carried in HTs were called PzGrens(gp) and had 12men squads.

Quote:
Do you know something about ersatztrupp and nov. strelki (reserve rifle squad) number of soldiers?

obviously same as standard squads Smile.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:28 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

My fault, I have done confusion between Pzgrens in trucks and the mot. schutzen (but I know that mot. schutzen were in MID, it's just confusion).
Ok for the reserve infantry, and thanks again.

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Your're welcome mate.
If you have some doubts or questions regarding your mod, just shoot Smile

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Drizzt,

another puzzle for you :)

RA AP shells were tested against RH armor and when the german tanks fielded FH armor, the penetration dropped down to approximately 35%
so let's say 76mm ZIS-5 could deal 89mm@100m@90deg according to tables so against german FH armor it will be around 65mm penetration Smile.
and now we recall that they drastically lacked AP shells that time (means no or very few APs for DPs) so a main AT shell is HE and cannister with 30mm penetration - no wonder PzDs could make a hell to RA formations till like late 1942 (guess why 80mm frontal appeared on the german tanks in late 1942).

how can a RA player fight the germans tanks in CC?!

how one can simulate this all in CC? :)

(sorry, iam drunk, iik)

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:29 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

It's a real puzzle Dima (if I have understood well: RH - FH = H it's hull, right? But R.. Russian? and F?): someone in CC may choose to "adapt" the RA AP sheel numeric valors to the facts you describe, but I don't know if can be a real good thing, and surely I will not do it. Anyway it's very interesting what you have described. You have a real full knowledge about WW2 weapons.

Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: