Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 pm Post subject: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Have started a project to put COI into CCMT engine iot take advantage of its qualities and because I like eastern front combat.
If there is any interest in a mod like this I might share it.

I was originally thinking I should put icons, vehicles and all else as they are in COI. But now as Im well into it Im contemplating putting replacing icons, weapons an so on with better quality stuff from mods or other re-releases.

So guys, what do you think? - Like original COI or modded to "new" standard?

I will have to use this thread as an indicator of interest in a mod like this...

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

I for one would love to have COI/CC3 converted to a different and maybe more usable version. A short time ago I had a game crash that ruined the mod campaign I was working on and so I played COI instead. Count me definitely in.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Hey!

Good Idea!...will bé a hard work for you but very interesting;)..a long ago i made a conversion of mythic CC3 Vietnam to CCMT

take pics of battlegroups and icons weapons and sounds of other mod i think is the better idea for your project

good luck!

heia Safari!!

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I have put down some hours in it allready DAK Legion and I have actually playtested it just a little bit. Need a lot of work still, but some of it depends how "deep" I do the mod. For first version I will skip all interface changes. I first will keep focus on making it play right.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Short update:

- All vehicles and Guns now tested
- Weapons icons in place but will need further adjusting.
- Working on Unit icons.
- BlueTeams sorted according to categories and divided for Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS Units.

I don't even want to start listing the stuff that needs done;)

All I can say is: Seeing those KVs and T-34 rolling around on the screen makes it worth the work:D

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer,

Just had a GREAT turn at Drizzt's NEW Battle of Kharkov, which I am thoroughly enjoying. Emplaced my 88 so well that I was able to take out three or four T-34s and KVs without being destroyed. Unfortunately, my next turn in the same place didn't turn out so well with two 88s. But that is the fortunes (and misfortunes) of war.

Anyway, really looking forward to your new mod.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:38 am Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

I am very glad to see that there is progress with this mod.

Conversions of this type can be somewhat strait forward if you let them be. The last time I did something similar was for Okinawa, which had already been converted to TLD by DAK_Legion, and I started with his mod.

I was able to put most everything in place in a Saturday morning, excepting the map "conversions", which went on for several evenings the following week.

But no matter how large you make the scope of the mod, it's a lot of fun, because you don't have to mess with force pools, battlegroups, and anything campaign releated.

So far, I have more or less avoided CC3 maps, because to make them square required that you take alot away from each map. However, there is a ton of Stalingrad maps to draw from. You may need the alternate elements file for the maps (walk and shoot through walls, etc.), and there should be a converter to CCMT with 5CC. If not, let me know, because I have one.

For BG style icons, the main drawback might be the tank silhouttes for the Soviets. But you only need those if you want to continue the now "typical" icons that came out with TLD and LSA, of course borrowing the German icons along the way.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope you are having a blast.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

First Icons in place and my first attempt at a screenshot:D

Thanks for the very encouraging feedback guys. - I would still do the mod even if it was just for me, but It creates a bit more motivation when there is some support from the flanks;)

Stwa: Im afraid this conversion mod is not just going to be straight forward.. - Ive already come up with a number of "improvements" that takes time to do..
And the fact that CC3/COI has a bit different buildup and different files makes it all interesting to put it that way.

Hmm.. Im thinking I could do up some real quick and simple team icons -NATO style and get the whole thing out.  - Then tinker with more elaborate , finer stuff later.
So far I have gone for the LSA/TLD/WAR style with German Tactical symbols for the German teams and Im going to use Soviet ww2 tactical symbols on the Soviets.
The Equipment silhouettes Im downloading from the-blueprint.com, select outline or by colour, black them out, resize to fit the yo the team Icon and GO.

But as you say: I am definitely having a lot of fun: learned more about using Gimp, researching Soviet and German WW2 period tactical symbols etc..
Thanks for the offer for elements, I might ring you up on that, but for now I haven't gotten around to thinking about maps.  Just using what I already have for test purposes.

Also I don't care if I have to ADD a black outline to make the maps square, so this should not be a prob for me.

Hope your having fun with your Arab mods Smile

Sov Tanks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.8 KB
 Viewed:  645 Time(s)

Sov Tanks.jpg

Unit icons.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  427.23 KB
 Viewed:  915 Time(s)

Unit icons.jpg

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:27 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

OK Great!

I might ramble a little in your thread. Feel free to ignore anything I say. I might share some of my "mistakes" along the way, just because I hope you succeed.

That being said, you should chart your own path. It will be more fun that way.

When I began with CC5 in CCMT (by Senior Drill), I didn't firm up my modding objectives at the beginning, and that caused a re-do after about the first year.

But regarding the icons, which relate back to the units (teams) themselves, eventually I wanted to remove any semblence of role or higher eschelon. I did this in the modern game and in WW2. So what that meant for me, was that Paratroopers, Motorized or Mecahnized forces, SS, etc. were symbolically (through icons and team data) eliminated from the game.  

What appeared instead were basic troop types and their weapons with several selections of the same type (like Grenadiere). Those selections would provide choices ranging from the the largest teams with the best morale and experience to the smallest teams with less morale and experience.

So after my first year at modding (back then I could only get a few hours here or there), I thought the mod to be a trainer (like CCMT, just with WW2 stuff).

And in so doing, I did not feel the need to preface the team names with a role or eschelon, like FJ, SS, or PZ, and I did not feel the need to replicate vehicle teams along these lines as well. Vehicles for the most part appeared once in the team files (there were exceptions), and the best vehicles simply receiving teams with higher morale and experince.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

I really appreciate that you share your views and experiences Stwa. - You showing your work on this forum has been a great inspiration for me starting to mod CCMT.

My idea for the mod as of now is to make something similar to CC2 and CC5 mods for CCMT. - That meaning I will duplicate all teams and vehicles with their original experience and morale from CC3/COI, but I will put better battlegroup and weapons icons in place.
Then people that want to delete or reorganize something from the mod can easily do that, and end up with a custom version for their taste and needs.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Have worked some more on the mod  - Trying out Battlegroup icons. Germans in standard Re-release version and Soviet with very simplistic period correct tactical map symbols (as far as I can get them anyway.)
As always: Input are very welcome!

SchnelleMeyer

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  486.34 KB
 Viewed:  634 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  465.25 KB
 Viewed:  646 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  485.78 KB
 Viewed:  685 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

More screenshots.
- Have adjusted the debrief screen so it now shows Soviets/Germans instead of Opfor/Army.
Also put in more relevant victory pictures and mainscreen pics.
You can also see in the picture a new button that stands out a bit - Its nice to be different;)
- Well, I just didnt want to keep adjusting the font there forever so this is what it ended up like.

debrief screen.jpg.jpg
 Description:
Debrief screen
 Filesize:  117.5 KB
 Viewed:  629 Time(s)

debrief screen.jpg.jpg

Mainscreen.jpg.jpg
 Description:
Mainscreen
 Filesize:  111.88 KB
 Viewed:  622 Time(s)

Mainscreen.jpg.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Made a splashscreen for the mod, plus done some data editing. (you have to open it - Its not GREEN)

Seems CCMT cant handle more than 5 crew members on AT-guns without crashes.

Screenpix.jpg
 Description:
Open it.
 Filesize:  383.65 KB
 Viewed:  598 Time(s)

Screenpix.jpg

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Looks really good so far! Have you got any more ingame screenshots?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 am Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Thanks mate!

Been off it for a while now.
Can put some screens up tomorrow if you like.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 am Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

I'd love to! Especially of urban maps if there are any.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Some more screenshots. Still very much a work in progress even if its playable. (Dont know why the colours in the preview gets wacked)

There are no new maps with this mod because one can convert any map to work in CCMT with 5CC so there are endless amounts of maps to use.

UO0001 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.93 KB
 Viewed:  684 Time(s)

UO0001 (1).jpg

UO0002 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.82 KB
 Viewed:  579 Time(s)

UO0002 (1).jpg

UO0004 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  236.58 KB
 Viewed:  534 Time(s)

UO0004 (1).jpg

UO0005 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  243.08 KB
 Viewed:  834 Time(s)

UO0005 (1).jpg

UO0007 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.18 KB
 Viewed:  556 Time(s)

UO0007 (1).jpg

UO0009 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.05 KB
 Viewed:  607 Time(s)

UO0009 (1).jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Soviet got a splashscreen all on their own.

(Discalimer: Communist or nazi symbols used in my mod are purely for historical purposes and accuracy)

soviet splashscreen for web.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.11 KB
 Viewed:  556 Time(s)

soviet splashscreen for web.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:38 am Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Been long since any updates on this.

I have some good news now though: Put in some work lately and the mod should be ready for release very soon.

Sniper by graves.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.58 KB
 Viewed:  534 Time(s)

Sniper by graves.jpg

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: COI/CC3 conversion to CCMT Reply with quote

Great Idea for a Mod! Looking good ScnelleMeyer.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: