Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:47 am Post subject: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Hi there, I just wanted to ask if there's gonna be an installer version released in the near future?.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:27 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Hi Digs,

Thought Mooxe has made an .exe version but can't find it in download section.

Mooxe?

Digs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Just curious, has an installer version been created and tested yet?.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

BfC is only in plugin form at the moment. As there's not really any H2H these days I will make an installer soon. Give me a week or two to wrap my head around this task and finish it.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Digs,

You can rename the plugin file to zip and then open it to manually copy the files into a mod directory. You will also need to create a shortcut to start the game using the mod files....

If you are not comfortable with that it is great that Mooxe will create an installer version soon!

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:49 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

I had problems in the past creating an installer version of my sound mod file for WaR, using the "WaR automated mod installer". It created the installer but when I tried removing it afterwards I wasn't able to. Let's just say I wasn't in the mood for troubleshooting and I'm still not.  Wink

I do appreciate the offer Mooxe, I've been busy playing other games and such but I always find myself coming back to CC from time to time.

Thanks for the help guys.

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

@Tejszd
Normally I extract the contents of plug-ins when I acquire them. The thing is, I would have to create a folder structure for the files and that takes some time to do. You then need to move each file or files into there correct folder. Then create a copy of the WaR quick start shortcut, or whatever version of CC your using. Then add the folder name of the mod and /D to the shortcut properties command line, correct?.

Edit: It's a good thing the folder structure is laid out in the plug-ins mod.ini file.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

You can llook at th mod .ini for my stock mod for WaR

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

I used TLD Ground Tactics Mod v5.0 for testing but I'm using Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b which is suppose to be compatible with TLD.

1. I extracted the mods plug-in file with 7-Zip v9.22 beta by Igor Pavlov and created folder structure for the files using the mod.ini file included.

2. I created a copy of the WaR quick start shortcut and sent it to the desktop. Named it "Ground Tactics Mod v5.0" and modified the shortcuts properties so the Target looks like this: "C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\CCE.exe" /D Ground_Tactics_v5

3. Created a new "Games" folder under Ground_Tactics_v5 and added a Battles and Save folder underneath "Games". That way it doesn't put saves for Ground Tactics under WaR instead. Avoiding conflicts and possible overwrites.

4. I re-named the mod.ini to mod.ini(backup). I renamed it because its only used by ModSwap right?.

When I launched the shortcut everything seemed fine until I tried loading a campaign. I got an error widow which said...
Close Combat Error
! Close Combat was unable to open the file

I'd upload the modified Ground_Tactics_v5 plug-in folder but you can only upload files at 2mb here. This folder is 25.77MB compressed using the 7z format. Uncompressed it weights in at 95.70MB.

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Think I solved my own problem. The plug-in doesn't have the maps like it did in the old Ground Tactics 2.0 installer for Wacht am Rhein. The installer was 453.35MB in size.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Are you using Benards Mod Installer or ModSwap?
I do have to admit that Benard's Mod Installer is not only easier to use but incredibly useful if your planning any updates,it does not however let you play through GameRanger.

But for ModSwap..............
My Mod.ini was created with Notepad and just named Mod,Then I saved it as Mod.ini

For ModSwap my mod.ini is below.Also is a screen shot of all the files for stock mod.
Steve had also posted some very useful information of ModSwap over at the matrix Forums.Here
I have not tried it yet but I was told it is possible to include a save game folder in ones files.
I suggest doing this as ModSwap does not remove one's current GC's,Ops,Custom Battles etc etc when installing a Mod.Should you choose a current GC you were playing with WaR with the Ground Tactics Mod v5.0 installed through ModSwap your game will CTD.

Also be careful when recompiling your new folder with winzip so that it's not a folder within a folder,other wise ModSwap won't load the file.

"C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\CCE.exe"  /D StockMod

As for updating your Mod when using ModSwap just keep all your files in a folder an update as necessary.
Then when ready just name the plugin Ground Tactics Mod v5.0, 6.0,7.0 etc etc etc etc.
This way you can always trace back any errors that arise,but I always save them all.

[General]
Name=Stock Mod 1.0
Description=Stock Mod for WaR
by Platoon_Michael
Game Version Required=4

[Exclusive Files]

[InstallFiles]

Campaign.txt=\data\base\
alsteams.txt=\data\base\
axsteams.txt=\data\base\
bgroups.txt=\data\base\
Elements.txt=\data\base\
fpools.txt=\data\base\
nations.txt=\data\base\
soldiers.txt=\data\base\
Uniforms.txt=\data\base\
Vehicles.txt=\data\base\
Weapons.txt=\data\base\
GENames.txt=\data\base\
SolActn.txt=\data\base\
SSNames.txt=\data\base\
USNames.txt=\data\base\

Stock Mod.Campaign=\data\Campaign\

CCImages.pix=\GRAPHICS\
GameGadg.gdg=\GRAPHICS\
ScrnGadg.gdg=\GRAPHICS\
shadows.azp=\GRAPHICS\
Tanks.azp=\GRAPHICS\
Terrain=\GRAPHICS\
Wrecks.azp=\GRAPHICS\

Effects.azp=\LOCALFX\

Schnberg.bgm=\MAPS\
Schnberg.btd=\MAPS\
Schnberg.los=\MAPS\
Schnberg.mmm=\MAPS\
Schnberg.ovm=\MAPS\
Schnberg.rfm=\MAPS\
Schnberg.txt=\MAPS\
Eifel1.bgm=\MAPS\
Eifel1.btd=\MAPS\
Eifel1.los=\MAPS\
Eifel1.mmm=\MAPS\
Eifel1.ovm=\MAPS\
Eifel1.rfm=\MAPS\
Eifel1.txt=\MAPS\
Eifel2.bgm=\MAPS\
Eifel2.btd=\MAPS\
Eifel2.los=\MAPS\
Eifel2.mmm=\MAPS\
Eifel2.ovm=\MAPS\
Eifel2.rfm=\MAPS\
Eifel2.txt=\MAPS\
Dasburg.bgm=\MAPS\
Dasburg.btd=\MAPS\
Dasburg.los=\MAPS\
Dasburg.mmm=\MAPS\
Dasburg.ovm=\MAPS\
Dasburg.rfm=\MAPS\
Dasburg.txt=\MAPS\
Andler.ovm=\MAPS\
Bastogne.ovm=\MAPS\
Beho.ovm=\MAPS\
Bulngen.ovm=\MAPS\
Butgnbch.ovm=\MAPS\
Champion.ovm=\MAPS\
Champs.ovm=\MAPS\
chenogne.ovm=\MAPS\
Clervaux.ovm=\MAPS\
Elsenbrn.ovm=\MAPS\
Eschwilr.ovm=\MAPS\
Foy.ovm=\MAPS\
Fraiture.ovm=\MAPS\
Gruflnge.ovm=\MAPS\
habschd.ovm=\MAPS\
Hnerschd.ovm=\MAPS\
hosingen.ovm=\MAPS\
Hotton.ovm=\MAPS\
Hotton.ovm=\MAPS\
Houffalz.ovm=\MAPS\
Lagleize.ovm=\MAPS\
Laroche.ovm=\MAPS\
Leidnbrn.ovm=\MAPS\
Liefrnge.ovm=\MAPS\
Lmrswler.ovm=\MAPS\
Lngvilly.ovm=\MAPS\
Losheim.ovm=\MAPS\
Lutrbois.ovm=\MAPS\
Lutrmnge.ovm=\MAPS\
Magaret.ovm=\MAPS\
Malmedy.ovm=\MAPS\
Malschd.ovm=\MAPS\
Manhay.ovm=\MAPS\
Marche.ovm=\MAPS\
Martlnge.ovm=\MAPS\
Marvie.ovm=\MAPS\
Meyerode.ovm=\MAPS\
Nadrin.ovm=\MAPS\
Neffe.ovm=\MAPS\
Noville.ovm=\MAPS\
Ramschd.ovm=\MAPS\
Recht.ovm=\MAPS\
Reuland.ovm=\MAPS\
Rocherth.ovm=\MAPS\
Rosieres.ovm=\MAPS\
Senchamp.ovm=\MAPS\
Sibret.ovm=\MAPS\
Stavelot.ovm=\MAPS\
Sthubert.ovm=\MAPS\
Stoumont.ovm=\MAPS\
Stvith.ovm=\MAPS\
Troispnt.ovm=\MAPS\
Vielsalm.ovm=\MAPS\
Wardin.ovm=\MAPS\
Weiler.ovm=\MAPS\
Wiltz.ovm=\MAPS\
Wllerode.ovm=\MAPS\
Wntrsplt.ovm=\MAPS\
StratMap.txt=\MAPS\

[HideFiles]

[Required Maps]

[RequiredMods]

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:40 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

I'm not using either actually, I'm using the method that Tejszd brought up. I used the method with Battle for Caen v0.93 and it works perfectly. Since plug-ins don't have the file structure yet, you need to create it yourself. But the structure is listed in the mod.ini within the plug-in so you just need to create the folders and move the files into them. I use FreeCommander XE for my file manager, a replacement for Windows Explorer and it make the job of sorting/filtering a large amount of files like you find in plug-ins much easier to deal with. With this method I don't need to use an installer, I just copy the mod into the WaR directory and run the modified shortcut for it.

The WaR mod installer I used in the past was this, here the readme.txt file for it.

Close Combat Wacht am Rhein Mod Installer version 0.03

Based on the wonderful Inno Setup Installer from Jordan Russel.
You can read more and download it here: http://www.innosetup.com/isinfo.php

This installer is meant to help the modding community with creating a unique structure for further mods.
A mod installed with this installer will create the mod directory beneath your Close Combat Wacht am Rhein folder.
It will create an additonal folder called mods with a subdirectory of the same name as the mod directory.
The reason for this is to store the uninstall files mod specific.
Additional the installer will create/use one registry setting (HKLM\Software\CCWaR\Mods\CCWaRPath) to store the
latest selected Close Combat Wacht am Rhein installation directory.
The file readme.txt file and the mod.ico will be copied to the mod directory and shortcuts will be created.

Now what do you need ?

You need the CCWaRModInstaller.zip You can get it at http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/ and maybe at Matrix.
Extract it.

Copy your mod directories (for example DATA, Games, GRAPHICS, localfx, MAPS) into the mod folder.

Edit the edits\install.ini file. There's an example already included.

If you wish you can create your own bitmaps for the left bitmap as well as for the icon of the installer or
the desktop shortcut.

At the moment I have included stuff from the original Matrix Close Combat Wacht am Rhein game. I hope that this is ok.

In short, all files in the edits folder are to be customized but are needed !

When you are done please just run the file BuildMod.cmd
It will create a file in the output directory. Please test it ;)

Important !!!!!

If you know that you may create a second/third/... version of your mod please use always the same name
in the file install.ini

The file WizardLeftImage.bmp has to be: 165 * 315
The file WizardSmallImage.bmp has to be: 32 * 32

The Mod.ico is the windows icon for the desktop shortcut.
The ModInstaller.ico is the windows icon for the created installer file.

Suggestions or questions are welcome !

Bernd

Release history:

; History
; Original version released to the public
; 0.01
; 0.02
; Changed only the ModInstallerReadme.txt
; to give Inno Setup the well deserved mention
; 0.03
; Added the empty folders games\battles and
; games\save to avoid different saved games which will get mixed up and cause crashes etc.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:09 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Sounds like were both using the same tool just calling it different names.
Looks like this?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:11 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

ModSwap will create a directory and back up all the files being changed/replaced.

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Sounds like were both using the same tool just calling it different names.
Looks like this?

Yeah, that's the one platoon_michael, I just have an older version of it because I had created the sound mod several years ago. I'll download the latest version from here, because I don't see the tool in the downloads section here at CCS.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=290

Is that the installer your talking about?

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

That's the one, thanks Mooxe.   Very Happy

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Was someone going to make an .exe self-installer or the plugin works ok?  Also wondering if this Caen mod has any similarity with the new pending last release of CC?
Just a coincidence I suppose.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

I will make an EXE self installer.

The plugin also works and will enable you to play via Gameranger.

No similarity to the Gateway to Caen version that is upcoming.

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

@dj
Battle for Caen is the Gold Juno Sword mod for CC5 (Close Combat: Invasion Normandy) converted to The Longest Day or Wacht am Rhein. But it doesn't have all the bugs that came with CC5.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Battle For Caen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: