Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Thanks Mooxe...you're the man.  I didn't realize this mod's origin is the GJS mod.  The AI performed horrible on that original CC5 mod...interested to see how it compares in TLD.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Digs wrote (View Post):
@dj
Battle for Caen is the Gold Juno Sword mod for CC5 (Close Combat: Invasion Normandy) converted to The Longest Day or Wacht am Rhein. But it doesn't have all the bugs that came with CC5.

no, it is not, that's a port of TRSM for GJS 4.4 with alot of new things added.
so basically it uses GJS maps and alot of graphics but is not a GJS as it sports all new data, GC, sounds, graphics, etc.

Last edited by Dima on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't realize this mod's origin is the GJS mod.  The AI performed horrible on that original CC5 mod...interested to see how it compares in TLD.

same shitty - that's a H2H mod.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Hello Dima I'm sorry if I got that wrong, it's just that there's not much information to go by that's included with the mod. Below is the readme.txt file included with Battle for Caen.

I'm using BfC with Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b and it plays well but it's lacking some sounds. There's only 3 files in the LocalFX folder, Effects.azp, Music.sfx, and Sound.sfx. A lot of the voices are missing. I heard an American voice yelling minefield!, when a single German soldier stepped on one. All of my men were in buildings. I've only been using this mod for 2 days and spotted this. In the Graphics folder there is only 12 files. The mod is stable though, I haven't experienced any crashes and I've played about 15 battles so far using the BfC Campaign.

readme.txt
Battle for Caen Mod v0.93 for TLD

by Dima and nikin, initial porting DAK_Legion

Compatible with: TLD versions 5.50.13 and 5.50.14b

Works with GameRanger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's explained better in the download section of CCS...
This is the plugin Battle for Caen for The Longest Day. It is a version of Gold Juno Sword originally for CC5. Dima and Nikin have substantially changed the data, added new sounds and weapons and ported it to TLD.

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:34 am Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm using BfC with Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b and it plays well but it's lacking some sounds. There's only 3 files in the LocalFX folder, Effects.azp, Music.sfx, and Sound.sfx. A lot of the voices are missing. I heard an American voice yelling minefield!, when a single German soldier stepped on one. All of my men were in buildings. I've only been using this mod for 2 days and spotted this. In the Graphics folder there is only 12 files. The mod is stable though, I haven't experienced any crashes and I've played about 15 battles so far using the BfC Campaign.

BfC uses default voices, so try to just copy voices from TLD.
The Germans are in attack in WAR and probably use ggervox for the US and erusvox for the Germans while TLD uses them vice-versa.

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I guess I have to wait for TLD to go on sale.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Battle for Caen installer version 0.93.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4211

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Ah, very good, thanks Mooxe!.

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

I downloaded the file and it's only 39.2MB, instead of 320.46MB.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

I am still uploading...

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Reply with quote

Oh, I thought the upload was already completed. I guess that a good explanation then.  Laughing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Battle For Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: