Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Quote:
Girly Soldiers [as mention above] has been introduced in CC without anyone asked for it, and the majority hates it. Why has that “GS - enhancement” been added to the matrix games?

I don't hate them as me beeing a  "moderate" player Wink has adjusted to it and can make full scale assaults though loosing too much in comparison to CC5.
but my opponents can't attack in TLD as 2-3 snipers or MGs can stop any infantry attack with huge casualties among attackes as they go prone and start crawling back after a first shot/burst.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

.....being able to "adjust", does that make an improvement?

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
.....being able to "adjust", does that make an improvement?

Stalk, read my posts carefully plz Wink.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

SPOT ON....exactly.  Best post in the whole thread.  No doubt about it.  As the old saying goes...."you get what you pay for".  It is so painfully obvious first with the "re-releases" then with PitF, that Matrix is continuing to do the same ole, same ole, running their development budget ( or complete lack thereof ) on the backs of volunteers, part-time developers that are pooled working on multiple projects at once, and re-using the same code that likely was flawed in the first place.

No offense to the Matrix people that don't call the shots....I get it that you guys have to work with the bad hand of cards you're dealt with.  Matrix are you listening?  Spend some $ already.

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
I think CC decayed because Matrix did not invest on it.

I play WoT online. They release a new update new vehicles, new features and graphics every 1-2 months.  Funny thing is, it is free and you get new vehicles as you gain experience. More interesting is, developer guys go to historical tankyard in russia and record real sounds of engine, tracks for tanks. (Total Realism). They also model to the finest detail of tank.

In CC stock weapon sounds are not exciting. They did not even try to change it and make more realistic.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:43 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

First - I cant believe it's 10 years! Not sure which number exactly but I think (foggy memory] I was member #20? or so! It was slow at first, but eventually many of us old CSO clan members became refugees here - thanks for the welcome!

Second - NO 10 years is not enough!! I'm not ready yet, and after all - it IS all about ME isnt it?  Embarassed I know Matrix has a forum, but its more of a tech help thing than a community like here.

I understand Mooxe, if it becomes a chore it's past time to stop. But I will miss it...

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I agree Grunt 10 years is not enough.... no way

I see Alansa has become CCS's 370,000 member..

CCS dead I think not.....

I am hoping with all this outlay of emotion that Mooxe will see that CCS is not as dead as he percieves it to be..

Hang in there mate... I'm sorry I'm being selfish I know....

You do the hard yards.... I just visit....

see you this time next year & beyond  Wink

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Grunt you were 20th...

The order went..

MOOXE, Bambam887, morca, ZAPPI4, RedScorpion, Pzt_Wruff, schrecken, Dima, Troger, Zapataz, PztUberkayser, ddriver, poli, DoomOnYou72, KriegMeister, kwp, CSO_Mark_Paquestsky, Cpt_JB_Mac, pvt_Grunt, Pzt_Jaeger, B_Grim, FFL_cheesecake, decedus, TaDam, Nomada_Mambru, platoon_michael, niitis72 and so on! Most of the early signups are still the most recognizable, even when you get into the 100's.

Back then I required signups to do anything on the site. View screenshots, downloads... Now you only have to register to make forum posts. I am really not sure why we get new signups as many do not post, they could be bots but they are also not spamming. Btw Alansa is #34,000.

Look on your left menu and I put up the statistics link for the website. Remember many of those numbers are due to crawler bots like Google's. I have also activated the forum stats to browse.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

dj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:31 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Wow according to the stats menu -  who are those vip's accessing CCS from the Big $ corporate IRIX and AIX servers?

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Looking at the page views per year I reckon there is life in this website.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Wow according to the stats menu -  who are those vip's accessing CCS from the Big $ corporate IRIX and AIX servers?

Most likely, those are hits from NSA servers.  Wink

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:25 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
dj wrote (View Post):

Most likely, those are hits from NSA servers.  Wink

They are busy chasing YOU around!  Twisted Evil

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:05 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

No doubt...

So, what happened? Are we gonna try to set up on Moddb, or is everyone still thinking about it?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Was under the impression that was a fallback option STWA. I guess it wouldn't hurt, but if Mooxe decided to cease CCS, would hate to have set up something there and possibly alienated some of the crowd here.

Then.. If Mooxe does cease.. It would be nice for a heads up where modders can locate their "wares" for downloading in one handy place and mention it at either moddb, matrix, even both.

Catch 22.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:08 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Lets face it, I don't think Mooxe is just going to suddenly jump ship  when or if push comes to shove I'm sure there'll be time to salvage what we need and see who's got the wherewithall to carry on or start afresh...

dj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:01 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Yea no need quite yet for CC business continuity plans.  There is still hope.  So who are the Big Shot bosses at Matrix that can spend some actual $$$ on development?  Somebody hire Keith from Atomic, the inventor, or his staff Eric and company.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:59 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
Lets face it, I don't think Mooxe is just going to suddenly jump ship  when or if push comes to shove I'm sure there'll be time to salvage what we need and see who's got the wherewithall to carry on or start afresh...

Point well taken.

As for the downloads.. Can someone tell me exactly why Matrix isn't updating Schrecken's site? I understand Schrecken isn't around anymore, but thought that he was allowing Matrix to use that site as a portal for us users.

It's common sense and a nice looking site. Would really like to know if someone would tell me.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

It was a good run. Thank you Mooxe.

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:32 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):

I brought it up because there was a moment, sometime last year, when I thought about creating a CC fan site. Unfortunately, the thought only lasted a split second.  Laughing

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I take it if the sites closed we will lose our ftp accounts as well right?

Looking around ModDB I'd suggest anything uploaded start with the name Close Combat
Then the CC version.
Then the Mod name.

Firefrost

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Firstly I'd like to thank mooxe for running this site for so long. Its been an awesome home base for CC and the only site I have ever really used for these games. huge props for keeping this community going.

With regards to arguments for keeping it running it seems like the lack of enthusiasm or lack of revival have been a major influence. Perhaps there are some ways we could address this without relying simply on matrix for a suddenly great game?

Some things I have noticed since lurking around here and some random ideas:
- The huge amount of versions is working against rather than for us. A standard version for modding (like CC5 used to be), agreed on by the community, might save effort and aid in returning some enthusiasm.
-Perhaps negotiate with matrix for a discount on said version to enhance community participation?
-I could host a teamspeak server to get people talking and maybe help new people get more involved in the community?
- Community games like the one davidssfx ran seemed to help.

Either way this site has been a great asset to the community and I will be sorry to see it go!

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: