Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Wow the strategic situation has sure changed since I last played. There's quite a few German troops with lots of kills and medals now. I am only switching out wounded teams that have no kills, and fresh teams that have no kills, everyone else stays despite wounds. Will resting these BGs heal wounded troops?

Thuin

Germans are cut off and supply has dwindled to red levels, all my vehicles started fueled up though. French attack with multiple Char BS1 tanks. My goal was to hopefully disband but my Germans were so light on AT that it couldn't happen. I eliminated most of the AI's infantry but his morale help up. One Char down from airstrike, one immo'd, H-39 KO and 81mm Mortar HT KO. The French infantry did get moving fast and early, they were mostly cut down in the streets.

Link

Thuilles

This was a no brainer. French hold one VL about 15m from my deploy. I placed all my troops right in the center mostly to end this battle quick. My 2cm car takes the final VL in the first two minutes and. During the two minute countdown my men go on a free for all shooting spree. I am surprised the map didn't end with morale loss, but it was a disband none the less! This victory opens up supply to Thuin.

Link

TLD_OLB_40.gc
 Description:
Latest Blitznado file

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_40.gc
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Downloaded:  705 Time(s)

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

This is a great mod. Playing as French right now

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

HAHA! I saw that 88 on the truck, took it out with mortar before it could get a shot off. Someones gonna be pissed that truck isn't going back for rearming and repairs..

88tr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  258.21 KB
 Viewed:  546 Time(s)

88tr.jpg

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Time to continue Bliztnado?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

I'm in again!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Exe T1 Beaumont Results: Germans enter on the east side of the map against a waiting French BG 62eRI/22eDI. We have 1 disorganzied infantry squad but it doesn't require any repalcements so there is no impact. Fire errupts right away as the French do want to give up any more ground. A German Pz4 gets disabled due to French artillery support and now we'll have to clear the city/map without tank support. In the end the Germans push hard losing some men getting control of the whole map and BG gets disbanded as they have no exit VL.

Edit: added ongoing GC for someone else to pickup. Need to understand why my .jpg image preview in the post is not showing the proper color now since moving to Win10 and changing my monitor....

TLD_OLD_13_Eve_T1_BeaumontResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  257.02 KB
 Viewed:  464 Time(s)

TLD_OLD_13_Eve_T1_BeaumontResults.jpg

tld_olb_41.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_41.gc
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Downloaded:  651 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The colour is not showing right for me either, hasnt been for a couple years. Something on the server I think.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:51 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Mooxe I would look into it, can you do a virus scan on your server files? It wouldn't be a bad idea.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Fought 3 battles:
Rumigny
Aubigny-les-Pothees
Signy l'Abbaye

Rumigny.jpg
 Description:
Schutzenregt.4/6.PD vs 32.eBCC/GBC518. I swapped out the 20mm flak with a Pz IVD as I was attacking. Made a tank supported Infantry attack across the bridge. Was met by heavy French infantry and Tank counter attack in the mainstreet. Succeded in getting a
 Filesize:  133.02 KB
 Viewed:  429 Time(s)

Rumigny.jpg

Knights cross w. Oakleaves for Berger.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.5 KB
 Viewed:  456 Time(s)

Knights cross w. Oakleaves for Berger.jpg

Knightscross w. oakleaves for Ohlmeyer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.34 KB
 Viewed:  473 Time(s)

Knightscross w. oakleaves for Ohlmeyer.jpg

Aubigny-les-Pothees.jpg
 Description:
Schutzenregt.2/2PD vs 148eRIF/101eDIF Heavy casualties for our forces both in men and material. Caused mostly by precise French arty fire into our deploy box. There was also heavy infantry combat in the woods by the Southern VL. The French was dug in real
 Filesize:  129.22 KB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)

Aubigny-les-Pothees.jpg

Signy-L'Abbaye.jpg
 Description:
PzRegt.3/2.PD vs 295eRI/55eDI. The French force was destroyed with light casualties for us. Opens supply route for PzRegt.1/1.PD
 Filesize:  137.79 KB
 Viewed:  456 Time(s)

Signy-L'Abbaye.jpg

Knightscross w Oakleaves awarded to Kastner - for actions at Signy-l'Abbaye.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.69 KB
 Viewed:  423 Time(s)

Knightscross w Oakleaves awarded to Kastner - for actions at Signy-l'Abbaye.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The file

tld_olb_42_119.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_42_119.gc
 Filesize:  1.61 MB
 Downloaded:  585 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:13 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Mouzon. New German unit entering here against a dug in French armour. French have a bad deploy mostly on the other side of the river.

I took up a general advance to the South taking up high points in bounds. After the French were bogged down on the bridge I took MG teams to the factories lining the river to open fire across to dug in positions. That was enough to force the disband. My single crewed Pz4 with LOS to the bridge kept banging away unsuccessfully at French armour trying to get through, wrecks were blocking their advance.

battle1.png
 Description:
The French tank at the intersection immo'd my Pz2 and Pz4, killing and wounding numerous crew members.
 Filesize:  774.33 KB
 Viewed:  436 Time(s)

battle1.png

battle3.jpg
 Description:
My MG team in the 3 story behind the front line was able to pick off quite a few soldiers at range.
 Filesize:  255.56 KB
 Viewed:  419 Time(s)

battle3.jpg

battle4.jpg
 Description:
Dismal French result!
 Filesize:  270.45 KB
 Viewed:  465 Time(s)

battle4.jpg

CCSvsMeuse21Jan16.gc
 Description:
Latest GC file

Download
 Filename:  CCSvsMeuse21Jan16.gc
 Downloaded:  622 Time(s)

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:12 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

the later version (unreleased) has another megatile along the southern map boundary to give the french a little more deployment space

sweofp

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
the later version (unreleased) has another megatile along the southern map boundary to give the french a little more deployment space

Is this going to be released?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:52 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Montmedy Meeting Engagement

France 3 Barrel Supply Depot. Don't disband these guys. Just bleed them out match after match.

My infantry crawled West then South to occupy the bunkers. My Pz3 was in a 12 minute dual with about 4 or 5 light french tanks. The Pz3 never sustained damage, and he never stopped shooting. Multiple French tanks were damaged with a couple destroyed by the Pz3 and an artillery barrage. Only notable was my assault on the bunker. Tank fire plus an Mg34 providing suppressing fire let three of my infantry teams take it without many casualties.

montmedy1_advance.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  330.22 KB
 Viewed:  393 Time(s)

montmedy1_advance.jpg

Montmedy2_bloc_attack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  508.63 KB
 Viewed:  418 Time(s)

Montmedy2_bloc_attack.jpg

Montmedy3_pz3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.1 KB
 Viewed:  392 Time(s)

Montmedy3_pz3.jpg

Montmedy4_results.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  251.98 KB
 Viewed:  411 Time(s)

Montmedy4_results.jpg

CCSvsMeuse21Jan16.gc
 Description:
Latest File 23 Jan 16

Download
 Filename:  CCSvsMeuse21Jan16.gc
 Downloaded:  596 Time(s)

Last edited by mooxe on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:55 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Tejszd, theres a large citadel at Montmedy. How come it was not modeled into the map? Comparing the CC map to Google Maps, it looks like it would of been just a few hundred meters West.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,

Montmedy hasn't been changed since the original mod release. To me it is a pretty good map representing the northern most end of the maginot line and played well so have never considered changing it....

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Chaumont - the last battle for 13 May Eve Turn 1:

1/1 attacks onto the map from the north, The terrain favors a main effort due south toward the expected enemy center of gravity. French infantry opposition should be typically feeble if his guns can be destroyed or avoided. My main concern is red fuel status. One or more vehicles will be immobilized from the start due to lack of fuel. I debate whether to replace a PaK with a PzI MG or an infantry unit. I go with the PzI which of course is one of the two vehicles starting without fuel. But then that situation could have been considerably worse. A secondary effort will be made to the west while a small end run to the east by the Kdo wagon and Aufklarer should scoop up 2 or 3 easy VLs.

The French appear almost immediately after the battle begins - two infantry teams along a wall in the treeline to the west, two in new trenches in the open in the center. The trench dwellers get blitzed on the move by the massed force of the main effort without loss or pause. Those in the trees die almost as easily although an infantry leader is killed on the run. Full battle arises once my main force enters the first buildings in town. I have struck the French directly in their center of mass. My lead infantry elements blunts a crawling French advance with but a single casualty. By the time my armor negotiates some woods and a wall to join them it is clear the battle will end quickly with French morale loss.

Therein lies my major mistake - knowing it was to be a short battle, I should have left the center to take care of itself and focused on seizing VLs on the east and west perimeter. Instead let myself become immersed in the middle after an unseen French gun damaged a PzIV killing its loader. With the PzIV backed safely out of harm's way, I became engrossed in finding the offending gun so I could mortar it into oblivion, which IMO is the only reason to have a granatenwerf in a BG. Then the commander of a PzII I diverted from the eastern effort toward the center was incapped by a rifle grenade so it too had to be retreated.

By then the enemy was offering truce which is usually only encouragement for the Germans to press harder. Now I did tend to taking VLs on the flanks but at 9:30 on timer the froggy white flag was raised before those movements could bear fruit. 3 VLs were gained in addition to the 2 taken  but due to 'scheiss not Zeiss' optics I never did locate the gun or use my 8cm tube. German losses were light but 2-3 more VLs should have been taken had I employed better time management.  Altogether just a C+ performance on my paet.

End of turn so I'll need to familiarize myself with the strategic situation before making any strat moves and distributing support missions. Now is not the time to overlook opportunities for the French to slip thru our lines as looks to be a possibility with the FR BG in Charleroi.

Chaumont.jpg
 Description:
1/1 attacks onto Chaumont
 Filesize:  383.81 KB
 Viewed:  13299 Time(s)

Chaumont.jpg

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The 13 Eve 2/2 strategic movement is generally west or northwest. Highlights include:

15/5 moves NW from its engaged battle on Thuin to unoccupied Harmignies.
11/6 moves west into Thuin from Thullies to continue battle with FR 28/1.
25-37/7 moves west into La Louviere, leaving its engagemebt with FR 5/1 on Charleroi since 5/1 could, and did move east to Namur forestalling the attack by 28/8 from Namur.
7/7 attacks west from Beaumont to Maubeuge where FR 23/4 defends.
57/6 not knowing if the French are in Hirson and/or Montcornet, stands fast on St Michel until support arrives in the south to move into Montcornet.
4/6 and 2/2 continue their battles on Rumigny and Aubigny. 4/6 faces the tougher, armored foe so, on a hunch, it is given the lone air sortie.
3/2 at Signy holds in place facing a dilemma similar to 57/6. If it moves south to either Grand Champ, occupied by FR 208/53 or an apparently empty Launois, its possible that enemy forces on the road not taken will seize a vacated Signy. FR 208/53 obliges by attacking Signy with a poor entry zone.
1/1, with mortar support, will continue its battle with FR 331/55 at Chaumont as does 86/10 on Montmedy against 42/3. Montmedy is the only map eligible for artillery so 86/10 gets allocated qne of the three available artillery missions as well as mortar support.
Lastly, a reorganized FR 239/53 arrives on Mouzon to do battle with 69/10.

13 eve 2of2 strat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.41 KB
 Viewed:  13285 Time(s)

13 eve 2of2 strat.jpg

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

13 Eve 2/2 - Namur, GE 28/8 defends vs FR 5/1

No better place than Namur for Wehrmacht infantry to defend against French armor. Even so I completely revise my OOB, choosing four 37mm AT guns and 8 MG teams. One gun goes in the bunker between the bridges while the other three set up in bldgs fronting the east side of the river. likewise for the MGs with the exception of two LMG teams on the west bank. The northern team has a keyhole slot between the bridge and a wall while the southern team is ambushing the base of the bridge.

Screenshot (33).png
 Description:
OOB and deployment at Namur
 Filesize:  901.36 KB
 Viewed:  13280 Time(s)

Screenshot (33).png

mick_xe5

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:19 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The ensuing battle is a total sitzkrieg. :One Char bis demonstrated briefly on the riverfront while the remainder of their armor milled about a bit in the rear. His halftrack quickly gets demolished, an H39 absorbs a full ammo load from a PaK without brewing up, and a few oblivious pouilu are perforated for shuffling around in the open. The sole redeeming feature of this camping trip was the FR "divebomber!" airstrike, which I didnt witness, that set off a secondary flammables explosion in the gun bunker killing one crewman.

Clearly the chosen FR battle plan was 'survive'. On a whim I reloaded the same battle and it was a full FR attack. C'est la guerre.

The other downer was the poor map coding of Namur:
    All L2 bldgs are L1
    Trees have no leaves
    River bank has no slope and is coded as grass field
    Hedges and bushes are coded as brush or grass field
    AT ditch coded but not painted around the bunker area
    Misc. elevation problems such as invisible mounds at bridge bases

Screenshot (35).png
 Description:
This pic shows the entire FR attack
 Filesize:  538.43 KB
 Viewed:  13273 Time(s)

Screenshot (35).png

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: