Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

In Sugny, my results show 1 armor destroyed, I did lose a Mark 1 to a 25mm cannon. And right on French morale break my Mark IV had a head to head with a 75mm gun. I thinks I saw BOTH explode simultaneously, but the results dont reflect this, we'll see if it dissapears from the fp next turn.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

12_Eve_T1_WadelResults in a very good position here thanks to Herr Tejszt.
A 75mm cannon on the east side of the river caused me a lot of greif, getting 3 vehicles! I took it out with a 2cm AA Flak vehicle then returned to the west side of the river. Should have been a total victory.

Wadelincourt1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.52 KB
 Viewed:  382 Time(s)

Wadelincourt1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

GC attached

tld_olb_006.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_006.gc
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Downloaded:  377 Time(s)

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Nice to see that we're gaining ground. Anyone got any higher medals yet?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

I forgot about bridge blowing....

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Montmedy. Goal was to capture both exit VLs, secondary goal was to capture all the large bunkers. Mission accomplished with very little losses to Germans. Got lucky killing the French gun crew in one shot before he was able to take on my armoured cars.

Link

TLD_OLB_10.gc
 Description:
Latest GC file

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_10.gc
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Downloaded:  358 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

MOVEMENT PHASE Eve 12 turn 2
Not many moves available. The 1/1 Pz moves to Nouzonville. A few of the other BG's can move west, but then they give up a river crossing map and force the next BG to cross again. I will try to fully clear the Meuse crossing maps first before the breakout can happen. As it is turn 2 I use the last of the off board support.

HOUX 15/5 Pz attacks 66/18 DI
Unit selection - so far I have been using almost the default. The main exception is I return AT guns in a meeting engagement for a faster unit.
The german BG's default is well balanced - 3 COmmand units, 1 inf, 1 1/2 track and 1 Befel Pz1
6 Shutzen, 1 pioneer, 1 PzIII plus 2 light Pz tanks. The only weakness is no mortar. I trade a 37mm Pak for a 8cm mortar as I am against on inf BG, no tanks.
All of the teams are experienced except for the moratr and 1 1/2 track, so the troop quality is very good.

The French however have 7 units with seen battle or less experience, so I am seeing lots of surrendering troops. Their Fusillier units all carry a light MG - FM 24/29 so they have good firepower BUT they have no armour and no AT weapons. I believe this is historically correct for a French DI. Their main threat so far has been the laser guided homing missile known as the Canon 75mm which easily takes out any German vehicle and most tanks.

THIS WEAPON IS  THE MAIN TARGET of all my battles, after it is gone the rest is easy!

RESULT - All but 1 VL captured.My 8 cm got the 75mm Canon early, there was a counterattck against my VL's in the south so I had to mop up and capture that area for next time.

Houx2.jpg
 Description:
I have to split the troops. The left side is the attack, the right is for defending the VLs
 Filesize:  60.44 KB
 Viewed:  315 Time(s)

Houx2.jpg

Houx3.jpg
 Description:
French barrage hits, minimal damage.
 Filesize:  111.83 KB
 Viewed:  350 Time(s)

Houx3.jpg

Houx4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.51 KB
 Viewed:  336 Time(s)

Houx4.jpg

Last edited by pvt_Grunt on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:55 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

DINANT - Schutzen 7/7Pz vs 77/18 DI

The situation is good, the first wave of troops is across the river, but the French still hold 1 VL on the east side so I expect a counterattack here. This is a shutzen BG so no Pz III or IV. We do get a Pz 38. Also the unit is commanded by some young upstart named Rommel, lets see if he's any good Wink

Result is as expected, secured the east side fully and captured more VL's, the French morale broke before enough VL's were captures so the still hold 2
The laser guided 75mm Canon was taken out early byan MG34 and mortar fire. It is a very good gun, 6 man with good experience so they dont cower easily under mortar fire.

Dinant3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.76 KB
 Viewed:  361 Time(s)

Dinant3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:59 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Save Game

TLD_OBN_11.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OBN_11.gc
 Filesize:  1.5 MB
 Downloaded:  378 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:34 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Beauraing map.

Link

My field guns made good work of some French cars. Morale loss again for the AI. Didn't gain all the VLs I wanted before the loss. Very low losses for Germans but I did lose one of the field guns. Playing on elite really thins out the infantry in the German bgs!

tld_obn_12.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_obn_12.gc
 Downloaded:  345 Time(s)

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12_Eve_T2_Montherme: Lost 2 squads going for the NW exit VL as they ran into 4 French squads in the forest. After that losses were kept low as I moved house to house with 1 squad moving while a 2nd provided covering fire from the previous house. French morale broke and the Germans were awarded 3 VL's and without an exit VL the French BG was disbanded.

TLD_OLB_12_Eve_T2_MonthermeResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.3 KB
 Viewed:  302 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Eve_T2_MonthermeResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12_Eve_T2_Vresse: A bloody fight for the recon BG. Gained ground and killed more French troops than I lost but could not take the map. The battle ended with both sides being exhausted. Below is a picture of the the best German squad (an armoured car) with 36 kills and the battle ending results.

TLD_OLB_12_Eve_T2_VresseCar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.58 KB
 Viewed:  294 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Eve_T2_VresseCar.jpg

TLD_OLB_12_Eve_T2_VresseResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.71 KB
 Viewed:  240 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Eve_T2_VresseResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Save Game

tld_obn_13.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_obn_13.gc
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:04 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Campaign blocked
May 12_Eve_T2_Nouzonville - 1/1Pz vs 84/102 DIF

Another river crossing! How big is this bloody Meuse thing anyway??
I send a less experienced Pz I back to the force pool and take an Aufklaur unit instead. There is plenty of tank firepower already and I need more fast infantry to cross the bridges.

Using covering fire from 6 Panzers, 4 inf units crawl across the south bailey bridge, while 2 more take the east VL's.
The withering tank fire proves too much and the French morale breaks, leaving us with 3 VL's on the west bank for 8 killed, 7 wounded - no armour damage.

Nouzonville1.jpg
 Description:
Crawling across Bailey bridge
 Filesize:  254.19 KB
 Viewed:  268 Time(s)

Nouzonville1.jpg

Nouzonville2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.16 KB
 Viewed:  291 Time(s)

Nouzonville2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:55 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12_Eve_T2_Wadellincourt Shutzen 1/1 Pz vs 295/55 DI
The French are bottle up at the west end of town and are full of basic training level Fusilliers. I bring out the 8 cm SP Gun SdKfz 8! From the picture it looks like a naval gun welded to an old farm ute! Ghetto firepower!

TOTAL VICTORY - I lost a Pz I to the dreaded Instant Firing Homing 75mm Canon, but otherwise it was predictable

Wadelincourt2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.32 KB
 Viewed:  322 Time(s)

Wadelincourt2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:30 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12_Eve_T2_Montmedy 4 Pioneer Btl 1/1 Pz vs 246/77 DI

I go into the battle with 2 8cm mortar 1/2 tracks - Mooxe is this your setup? I leave the unit selection alone, all green quality troops.

This really isnt the best map for a recon BG to attack. Bad sightlines, crappy roads, bloc houses. I need heavy infantry, shock troops and flame throwers! But then I forget, it's only 1940!
I capture the rest of the high ground to the west, losing a Command 1/2 track and a 2cm armoured car. I think the car drove into a massive 4WD rut and got lost. We needed Hummers up there!

I spent the entire ammo lot of both 8cm mortar teams on the Magic Armored Kevlar Plated 75mm Canon with no result. At one time I had 3 red skulls and their fire rate dropped, next time I look 2 of them had healed! wtf! They must have found an ATOMIC HEALTH PACK Duke Nukem style! I ended up with 4 teams' suppressing fire and an assault by the heavy Aufklaur team to make them sing the 3rd republic national anthem "Mon Surrend"

Montmedy1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.44 KB
 Viewed:  288 Time(s)

Montmedy1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:37 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Save game on the movement phase. I did the last movement so I leave it to one of my Canadian brothers. Looks like a breakout in the south is coming.

There are movement opportunities in the north, but leaving a map before it is cleared may hand it back to the French and force another river crossing.

TLD_obn_14.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_obn_14.gc
 Filesize:  1.51 MB
 Downloaded:  256 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:41 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
May 12_Eve_T2_Vresse: A bloody fight for the recon BG. Gained ground and killed more French troops than I lost but could not take the map. The battle ended with both sides being exhausted. Below is a picture of the the best German squad (an armoured car) with 36 kills and the battle ending results.

I also found this map hard to attack on. The stream running across the east side cost me some troops, then you have to attack uphill into the town. Well done on the medals for the 222 A/Car

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12 Night: Moved 3 BG's which will cut off 2 French BG's from supply and open 1 Eastern map to allow following German BG's to entry the battle. Being night I set the German BG's that are not on Eastern map or moving to rest....

TLD_OLB_12_Night_BGmoves.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.47 KB
 Viewed:  285 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Night_BGmoves.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12 Night Houx Results: I didn't switch any squads (in hindsight wish I had taken a mortar) and did not deploy to VL's that did not connect to a German entry VL. I managed to only get back to the isolated VL's losing unfortunately too many for my liking but at night you can get surprised....

TLD_OLB_12_Night_HouxResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.12 KB
 Viewed:  262 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Night_HouxResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: