Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12 Night Dinant Results: PLaced the German squads in the town buildings and repulsed a French attack from the forest then swept forward breaking French morale taking the map. The French BG could not retreat and was forced to disband.

TLD_OLB_12_Night_DinantResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.36 KB
 Viewed:  337 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Night_DinantResults.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 12 Night Givet Results: The Germans had 2 MG teams and 4 guns providing covering fire and managed to kill a lot of French defenders but that did not stop the French fire killing a lot of infantry as they crawled or ran across the open unprotected bridge deck.... Time expired saving infantry from both sides further losses....

TLD_OLB_12_Night_GivetResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.08 KB
 Viewed:  340 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_12_Night_GivetResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Save game

tld_obn_15.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_obn_15.gc
 Filesize:  1.52 MB
 Downloaded:  350 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Rocroi - German Attack

Link

I'll be leaving most teams intact from now on when choosing troops. The only teams I swapped out here was an 88cm and 2cm gun. Ended up losing a few vehicles to a French ATG. Namely a 3.7cm armoured car. I was hoping to get my infantry to suppress enough that all my cars would be able to get even more suppressing fire onto it rendering it useless. Well didn't work and he was able to pick a bunch off.

This was a night map. AI launched flare same time as me and it lagged the hell out of my PC. French AI morale loss though. They are mostly pinned into the North West area now. This German BG is clear to advance!

Some of the troops are starting to get impressive kill counts. We should name a few!

TLD_OLB_Latest.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_Latest.gc
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Downloaded:  346 Time(s)

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Thanks for the AARs and videos!  Cool

Really enjoying it.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

DG you should join.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Vress-sur-Semois

Link

AI withdrew last strategic move and moved a French BG in at the same time from the NE corner. AI pinned in the corner obviously so I had to root them out. The hardest part of this battle was getting LOS as it was at night. All I had to do here was keep the pressure on any team I spotted, gain the one VL next to their entry VL and hope for a morale loss. After the going got a bit tuff, I expended my remaining mortars on the ATG and ran my mortar team to gather up contested VLs. That usually helps in getting a victory. The disbandment did happen, not sure what the final blow was though to trigger it.

One thing to get used to in Meuse is the lack of heavy calibre weapons. There are some, but many of these fights turn into pure infantry tactics with supporting armoured cars only armed with machine guns or 2cm cannons. Its make the fighting that much harder.

TLD_OLB_Latest.gc
 Description:
Latest GC

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_Latest.gc
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Downloaded:  341 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:06 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

I haven't played TLD much, but why is there a movement turn at night? It should be the first morning turn for movement.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Morn_Night turn - Nouzonville - 1/1Pz vs 84/102 DIF

Battle continues. I have 3 VL's on the west side of the river. One of my Panzer IIa is "Disorganised" and I cant return it to the fp. This BG needs rest.
Lots of buildings on this side of the river so I return a PzI and a PzII to the fp and get 2 mot Schutzen units. This still leaves me with 6 tanks and a 1/2 track.

Result - As expected I had more than enough tanks for a city battle. The Panzers dont spot very well , and even worse at night so I suprised a few units! The illumination helps, but it wears off too quickly.
I like to "hide" my tanks in deployment behind buildings, etc for at least the first minute of battle until I'm certain no AT guns are lurking, but this was difficult on this map as the west bank of the river is so steep.
TOTAL VICTORY! This tank BG looks free to run west then south to capture a supply depot. Forget about the Channel and Dunkirk in this mod!

Nouzonville3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.63 KB
 Viewed:  336 Time(s)

Nouzonville3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Morn_Night turn - Mouzon - 1/1 Shutzen vs 205/71 DI

My old favorite 1/1 Schutzen Regt! It seems so long since we set forth into the west, and what are you doing this far south! It seems you are zig zaging your way to the Paris like a Frenchman after a 3 hour lunch!
I have brought along a sniper as there is a 4th floor tower on a church. I dont use them a lot, but this is as good a map as any.

ACTION - I lose a 2cm Flak tracker to mortar fire early on and he blocks the road forming a mini rush hour traffic jam with a PzII and a Command tracker! It looks like Mr Magoo is drivng the gun carraige!
The fight centres on the main intersection, I fight halfheartedly but meantime mt Stosstrup is sneaking around gathering land for the morning battle.

Meanwhile a surrendered Frenchman with his morning croisant strolls through my ManoiR le Brun VL and CAPTURES IT! I haven't seen that for a long time.

I take a PzII across the bridge toward the Manoir but it comes under fire from an invisible inter-dimensional 75mm Canon and retreats without damage.

RESULT -  Captured 5 more VL's, we hold most of the main town. We expect counterattacks to come through here so it is a good position.

Mouzon1.jpg
 Description:
[b]ROAD HOG![/b]
 Filesize:  132.83 KB
 Viewed:  319 Time(s)

Mouzon1.jpg

Mouzon2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.37 KB
 Viewed:  340 Time(s)

Mouzon2.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

As an aside, my sniper got 1 kill....

Scharfschutze1.jpg
 Description:
A good start
 Filesize:  114.05 KB
 Viewed:  344 Time(s)

Scharfschutze1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:09 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Morn_Night_Montmedy 4 Pioneer Btl 1/1 Pz vs 246/77 DI

I fought this battle last turn. I keep the same setup, 2 8cm mortars, lots of aukf pioneers and a few 8 rad A/cars
The French only hold 2 VL's and there is a large minefield to cross, so I am hoping for a morale break rather than having to cross the field and capture the VL's. I feel it will cost less men this way.

RESULT - I dont get total victory but plenty of casualties and I have captured the scraps of map the French held. We can hold this map against any attacks!

Montmedy2.jpg
 Description:
Initial setup
 Filesize:  129.18 KB
 Viewed:  262 Time(s)

Montmedy2.jpg

Montmedy3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.96 KB
 Viewed:  291 Time(s)

Montmedy3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Morning turn 1 May 13

TLD_OLB_15.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_15.gc
 Filesize:  1.54 MB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:45 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Morning of the 13th strategic moves. Mouzon and Montmedy, keep those German BGs there, encircle and slowly cut down the French BGs. Do not force a disband.

Link

Thuillies, German attack.

Link

I moved this German BG in to clear our own supply depot as reinforcements are coming next phase. My plan here was to gain the exit VLs to the West and North of my deploy area. The biggest loss here was losing a Panzer IIIE to a 25mm French command car. Artillery took out my command car and I used the dismounted team to capture some extra VLs to cut off the French BG. Now both units are out of supply.

tld_olb_15_105.gc
 Description:
Latest GC file

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_15_105.gc
 Filesize:  1.54 MB
 Downloaded:  259 Time(s)

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Philippeville

Sorry I didn't get any names of the BG's involved.
Basically just tried to push out of the Map trying to get any exit VL's possible.
The French tried desperately to push us off the Map but that was a huge mistake giving up their cover and we just mowed them down.

UO0134.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.85 KB
 Viewed:  274 Time(s)

UO0134.jpg

UO0131.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.62 KB
 Viewed:  276 Time(s)

UO0131.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Givant:

We deployed on the western side of the map,leaving two AT_Guns on the eastern bank of the river for support.
The AT_Guns did a great job providing support as the AI tried to cross open ground.
Also left a MG_Team and Command Team inside the houses behind them.That ended up being wise as the AI left the woods trying to destroy the AT_Guns.

We lost a lot of sprites fighting for the ext VL but in the end were free to leave Givant.

UO0135.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.64 KB
 Viewed:  266 Time(s)

UO0135.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Rocroi:

Following the same tactic as at Givant we deployed west in hopes of securing the exit VL.
I placed two Tanks right at the hedgerow and a few squads to cover them.

The AI did really well in the placement of their AT_Guns on the other side of the farm field and took out one tank fairly quick.
Mortars and the other tank disposed of the last gun.

Fighting for the most part was limited to the open field in the immediate southwest field.
The hedge rows must have great cover as I had to outflank each French team to eliminate them.

There were NO troops in the North and the exit VL was secured easily.

UO0136.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.11 KB
 Viewed:  263 Time(s)

UO0136.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:08 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Montherme:

Meeting Engagement,

This was a great set up for us.
I used one Command Team and one Mortar team to run the map securing all the exit VL's.
The rest of us just sat and waited it out.
The Artillery Barrage was devastating here as it usually is when one is stuck in a small deployment area.

Everyone else was mowed down trying to cross the open.

UO0142.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.59 KB
 Viewed:  286 Time(s)

UO0142.jpg

UO0143.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.54 KB
 Viewed:  289 Time(s)

UO0143.jpg

tld_olb_15_106.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_15_106.gc
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Downloaded:  307 Time(s)

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Nouzonville:
Nothing says defeat better than an attacking AI.

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  527.58 KB
 Viewed:  267 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  281.5 KB
 Viewed:  299 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.91 KB
 Viewed:  273 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:07 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Mouzon:
I strongly consider trying to recode this Map so that the AI doesn't/cant deploy on the very southern part of the map.
They did so in force and after taking the majority of the map they then decided to come out.
The two vehicles on the bridge just had their way with them and it was over.
That's just a shame as I expected this map to be difficult to take.

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  313.51 KB
 Viewed:  266 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.55 KB
 Viewed:  259 Time(s)

UO0013.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: