Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Montmedy:
After pretty much having my with the AI.
I expected nothing less,But.......................

The AI did really good here deploying a strong force on the West & Southwest.
Two well placed AT_Guns caused us to lose 4 Vehicles.
And we still don't control the Map.

Strat Moves up next.

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.06 KB
 Viewed:  385 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.75 KB
 Viewed:  374 Time(s)

UO0017.jpg

UO0016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.13 KB
 Viewed:  368 Time(s)

UO0016.jpg

tld_olb_15_107.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_15_107.gc
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Downloaded:  422 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

We will never control Montmedy. Its a major french supply depot. Just keep the BG pinned and destroy it slowly.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Yea I know,
It just would have been nice to have it cleared for a turn.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Mouzon:
I strongly consider trying to recode this Map so that the AI doesn't/cant deploy on the very southern part of the map.
They did so in force and after taking the majority of the map they then decided to come out.

I had a good fun battle taking most of this map, but now that we have control it becomes another of those boring entry VL maps you need to fight on every turn.
I would suggest expanding the map to the south to give a better deploy area for the French.
As it is now it reminds me of Stavelot with a tiny deploy area on the wrong side of a river.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The deploy areas in CC will always suck,unless Matrix can be convinced to allow us to enlarge/change/manipulate them.
And lets be honest,I personally don't see them doing that.

I disagree with expanding the map.
This is a great map and the AI had a lot of Great options to deploy in many of the houses.
BUT
To be able to allow them to deploy on such a narrow strip and then to only have one avenue to cross,just isn't right.

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.33 KB
 Viewed:  368 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Oh I understand now, I thought they only could deploy south of the river. You pic shows VL's available for them north of the river, where they should be if the AI knew how to play.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:24 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

enbiggened Mouzon for the 64 map version which (I think) will need another entry point south (still smaller than a maximum size cc3 map)

I'm pretty sure even on the smaller version infantry can cross the weir

embiggened Mouzon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  329.46 KB
 Viewed:  379 Time(s)

embiggened Mouzon.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Now that's service.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Coded?  Wink

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

It is coded but still needs some play testing and trees added to the zoomed out views....

The larger map protects the French a bit more from air or artillery attacks but it will be very hard for them to push across the bridge. But there will be another map that the new exit allows them to move to without the bridge crossing....

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:05 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

It's been a few days since I played - thanks to Plat Mike and others for contributing.

MOVEMENT TURN - May 13 Morning turn 2
GIVET and WADELINCOURT are 2 maps we almost own, but the BG's on them are holding up movement.

The 11/6 Pz needs to move to Dinant as there is a French BG roaming behind our lines at Houx and needs to be stopped before it blocks our supply any more. I would prefer to move the 96/32 inf to there and let the Panzers move west but it doesnt hold that exit VL. The 96/32 needs to capture Givet this turn!

Wadelincourt is different, we cant afford another turn without this map as it's needed to get ammo to the 1/1 Pz Schutzen defending the entry map at Mouzon. The 2/2 Schutzen will have to go around to the north.

Mortat support taken at Wadelincourt.  The 2 south BG's resting, although I dont know if this helps much in a day turn.

RESULT
- As expected the armour BG met up with the rogue French BG in Dinant - they need to be stopped.

Movement1 - before.jpg
 Description:
Before movement
 Filesize:  132.13 KB
 Viewed:  317 Time(s)

Movement1 - before.jpg

Movement1 - after.jpg
 Description:
Movement Result
 Filesize:  134.19 KB
 Viewed:  340 Time(s)

Movement1 - after.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:20 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Morn_T2_Thullies - 15/5 Aukf Pz vs 129/5 DIM
The French hold most of the town except for 2 VL's arounf the church to the north. I will attack form south of the village with vehicles and put a few harrassing/spotting units at the church. They have 2 25mm A/cars and 2 guns so I will need to be carefull.

RESULT -  I capture the town but a Pz II is abandoned and a Bef Pz I is damaged by artillery. The Pz III is the best tank on the field. Unfortunately I lost the Namur exit VL and couldnt regain it. We will start next turn out of supply.

edit - this BG is headed for Charleroi supply depot to the north, It just needs infantry to catch up now.

Thullies1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.67 KB
 Viewed:  332 Time(s)

Thullies1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Morn_T2_Phillipville - 7/7 Schutzen vs 62/22 DI

My first battle on this map. It looks like PL Mick started the battle last turn.
I go into battle with the same force - 4 tanks, 1 mortar rest inf. The French have a 47mm AT gun to watch out for.

RESULT - French morale broke and I took all of the town except for 2 VL's in the NW corner. I didnt see the French guns at all, so my Pz IV's 7.5 cm gun did some re-modelling on the French architecture.

Phillipeville1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.65 KB
 Viewed:  300 Time(s)

Phillipeville1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:51 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

7/7 Panzer medals

Medal2.jpg
 Description:
mot Schutzen IRON CROSS with Oak Leaves
 Filesize:  123.99 KB
 Viewed:  292 Time(s)

Medal2.jpg

Medal1.jpg
 Description:
Pz 38(t) IRON CROSS with Oak Leaves
 Filesize:  117.04 KB
 Viewed:  307 Time(s)

Medal1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:56 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Save game - Dinant is next, a fresh Panzer BG with Pz 35 tanks - how can the forum poster continue to resist Mooxe, I ask you??

TLD_OLB_16.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_16.gc
 Filesize:  1.56 MB
 Downloaded:  297 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Clearing the rear!

Dinant

Link

This was a meeting engagement. The AI foolishly moved in an unrested BG to fight beyond its supply lines. The German tactic was simple. The Germans threw out the tested fire & movement principle and replaced it with speeding and crushing. I used an MG car as bait to bring out the ATGs which worked. The MG car surprisingly got a lot of kills but the bait took him out later. The guilty ATG was never spotted but I did see the muzzle flash. The battle was in such a tight corner though I did not need to chase after it. Total victory.

Givet

Link

The last German commander here did a good job forcing the French into a morale loss ceding a few VLs. The tactic here was as simple as Dinant. Crush, crush and more crush. The AI was compressed into some small deploy zones without much cover or opportune avenues to attack from. My right flank consisted of a 2cm and 10cm gun to fire into the North. An MG37 in a two story house and a rifle team on the extreme right edge to catch any runners. The game started out as a turkey shoot on the right side. The 2cm and MG37 getting many kills. Unfortunately the 2cm gun took three casualties early on to small arms, and was eventually entirely knocked out. Up in the North the infantry advanced in bounds with covering fire from the right flank. Total victory.

TLD_OLB_20.gc
 Description:
Blitznado Meuse GC Latest File

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_20.gc
 Downloaded:  300 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Aubigny

Link

German assault. I started naming experienced vehicles. On this BG verhicles were named Raider One thru Six. We lost Raider Six to a field gun. French AI morale loss. Captured all North and South exit VLs. Low losses and high losses for French. Both French field guns taken out.

TLD_OLB_21.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_OLB_21.gc
 Downloaded:  308 Time(s)

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:03 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Morn T2 Nouzon Results: This was a meeting engagement with the French forces entering from the South West corner and the German forces entering from the North East. I used mortar fire on the French to slow their advance and rushed squads and armoured cars across the nearest temporary bridge. Once across I took up positioned men in the nearest buildings and the armoured cars to cover the roads. Sure enough the French advanced and were caught with fire coming from multiple directions then counterattacked breaking the French morale to capture the map.

TLD_OLB_13_Morn_T2_NouzonResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.06 KB
 Viewed:  296 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Morn_T2_NouzonResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Morn T1 Montmedy Results: The French were in the centre south of the map in a lightly treed area. I surrounded the area but almost right away a French 25 and 75 gun opened up destroying 2 vehicles. Next time I'll hide them out of site to start  Embarassed  I then focused on suppressing the guns, managing to destroy one, and worked to destroy the French squads as I found them. Another embarrassing moment was looking at the battle results. The AI must have placed 1 squad in a small still shaded North West part of the map and took 2 VL's  Embarassed

TLD_OLB_13_Morn_T2_MontmedyResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.58 KB
 Viewed:  309 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Morn_T2_MontmedyResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Morn T2 Wadel Results: The French were in the South West corner of the map and both sides lost a a gun during a long range dual but after that the German infantry and tanks/vehicles were able to push forward eliminating 52 French troops for the cost of 3. French morale broke and we gain total control of the map.

TLD_OLB_13_Morn_T2_WadelResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.12 KB
 Viewed:  296 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Morn_T2_WadelResults.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: