Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:13 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Mid T1 BG Strat Moves: continued to push West whenever possible though the French BG's on Phillippville and Thuillies have created a bottle neck forcing 2 BG's; 1 from the 6th Panzer and 1 from the 7th Panzer to move North instead of West. These maps need to be cleared!

May 13 Mid T1 Thuillies Results: The French forces were in the North East thus the German had good defensive positions in the town. The French though using a good mix of infantry squads, guns and armoured cars put up a tough fight. German casualties were higher than previous battles at 18 men and 1 tank but the French losses were even higher especially in equipment losing 2 armoured cars and 2 guns. French morale broke and the BG disbanded so the way west looks open!  Very Happy

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_ThuilliesResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.34 KB
 Viewed:  515 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_ThuilliesResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Saved GC File

tld_olb_22.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_22.gc
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Downloaded:  700 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:04 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
May 13 Morn T1 Montmedy Results: The French were in the centre south of the map in a lightly treed area. The area was surrounded but the before almost right away a French 25 and 75 gun opened up destroying 2 vehicles. Next time I'll hide them out of site to start  Embarassed  I then focused on suppressing the guns, managing to destroy one, and worked to destroy the French squads as I found them. Another embarrassing moment was looking at the battle results. The AI must have placed 1 squad in a small still shaded North West part of the map and took 2 VL's  Embarassed

Ha - sneaky French unit!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:05 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Phillipeville

Link

French disband. Going is getting much easier now that the main line has broken. Or maybe since were sharing all the hard work slogging through the maps it seems easier.... I lost 8 men and one 2cm pzII got immobilized. French infantry running around everywhere in the center of town, mowed them down easily. All in all not much else to report!

tld_olb_25.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_25.gc
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Downloaded:  708 Time(s)

Last edited by mooxe on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:36 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

It is probably easier for both the reasons you stated but the French high command should react soon... Who will be the 1st to encounter the Char B1 tanks?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:05 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Mid T1 Aubigny Results: Started in a bit of hard entry position in the North East but managed to push most of the way across the top of the map. Then agreed to a cease fire and are happy with the ground gained and losses inflicted compared to taken. There will still be some hard fighting on this map but we have way more options for the next phase of clearing the South.

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_AubignyResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.73 KB
 Viewed:  474 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_AubignyResults.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Mid T1 Signy Results: Entered the map from the North with good cover and pushed out slowly from there moving from cover to cover. The French commander must have got impatient and rushed infantry forward who were then caught in the open and turned running away giving us 3 additional VL's.

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_SignyResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.47 KB
 Viewed:  509 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_SignyResults.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:07 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Mid T1 Mouzon Results: A new French BG arrived with Calvary tanks and pushed them across the bridge with PzII tanks shells bouncing off. They continued across until they came into the LOS of the German half track mounting an 8.8cm gun which destroyed both from long range. An additional 2 French tanks were shooting up the buildings facing South so a cease fire was agreed to by both sides to avoid further causalities.

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_MouzonResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.21 KB
 Viewed:  613 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_MouzonResults.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:52 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13 Mid T1 Montmedy Results: Used 3 infantry team to regained the North West Bunker and exit VL lost the previous battle. The remaining troops held the French forces in their entry area and an artillery barrage took out a 25mm and 75mm guns. French morale broke and the BG disbanded off the map. Attached is the end of battle results and Grand Campaign results at the end of May 13 Mid day Turn 1.

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_MontmedyResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.4 KB
 Viewed:  451 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_MontmedyResults.jpg

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_GCResults.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.14 KB
 Viewed:  629 Time(s)

TLD_OLB_13_Mid_T1_GCResults.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:55 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Saved GC File post the BG move as all German BG's pushed west cutting off French BG's in the North from the major supply depots in the South.

TLD_olb_26.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD_olb_26.gc
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Downloaded:  679 Time(s)

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:17 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Thuillies

Meeting engagement, French starts in North, Germans SouthEast.
Recon squad screened SOUTH flank capping 2 VLs.
Infantry quickly entered and secured a foothold in the town, supported by the Pz 35s.
The French attacked strongly direction VL: Hameau Thullies, with infantry, well supported by infantry and arty fires.
Schutzen gruppe defending it had to go to cover and call for tank support.
The French attack crumbled in the fires of a pz 35 and the pz4D. This created oppurtunity for a German counter attack on Les Haies Fraiches.
French morale collapsed after this with a resulting Decisive German victory.

UO0008.2.jpg
 Description:
The fighting for Hameau Thuillies
 Filesize:  302.68 KB
 Viewed:  485 Time(s)

UO0008.2.jpg

UO0010.1.jpg
 Description:
End state
 Filesize:  143.66 KB
 Viewed:  469 Time(s)

UO0010.1.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:14 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Beaumont

A hard fight.
German attack from South East.
Initial goal to secure foothold in the southernmost block of houses.
Further my goal was to keep losses low, and advance slow and deliberate with overwhelming fire support.
I succeded in gaining the block, but it was slow.  French infantry infiltrated through woods to the south, was defending Hotel de ville with HMG and small arms.
They called in arty on the Southern building and street , getting mobility kill on one Pz35 and and total killing another.
This effectively stopped my attack towards the hotel, Instead I turned north towards Cafe Flambart and gained this VL with a tank supported infantry attack.
French Major Victory.

UO0015.1.jpg
 Description:
Effective French defence in the south
 Filesize:  283.68 KB
 Viewed:  483 Time(s)

UO0015.1.jpg

UO0018.1.jpg
 Description:
End state
 Filesize:  130.73 KB
 Viewed:  446 Time(s)

UO0018.1.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The file

tld_olb_27.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_27.gc
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Downloaded:  649 Time(s)

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Had time for a couple more..

Aubigny les Pothees

Meeting engagement, I came in from North , French in the South.
Combat centered around the 2 Western VLs.
Nothing special, French morale broke ending in a Decisive Victory.

Signy -l'Abbaye

Another Meeting engagement. Germans in from East,  French from South.
I attacked city with a tank supported infantry attack on both Nort-South axis.
Used the armoured cars, a tank and an assault team on the Eastern side, doing a recon by force in the enemy flank. Killing 3-4 enemy squads, capping the South Eastern VL before swinging West into the city.

Good battle ending in moral breakdown for the French. And Decisive German victory.
unfortunately 1 of my armoured cars got a direct mortar hit and was a total kill.

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
Signy l'Abbey
 Filesize:  133.86 KB
 Viewed:  464 Time(s)

UO0020.jpg

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
Aubigny les Pothees
 Filesize:  133.53 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:07 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

The file

tld_olb_28.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_28.gc
 Filesize:  1.59 MB
 Downloaded:  592 Time(s)

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:39 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Mid_T2_Mouzon - 1/1 Pz Schutzen vs GBC503
A lot has happened on the strat map since I last played, a couple of fast Panzer units have made it across the map. BUT, the good old 1/1 is still camped in Mouzon, enjoying the red wine and women and lazilly beating back the daily French counterattacks. Were looking pretty thin on vehicles - some idiot lost the only Mark IV a few turns ago - OH WAIT, that was me!  Embarassed

We have a 5cm mortar that is disorganised, so that slot is out. We should rest, but really it is hard to rest on a supply map as it seems the AI never rests. It is a veto system, BOTH  teams need to choose to rest or the fight continues. But really, 1 disorganised team out of 15 is not a huge penalty in a single player campaign. Maybe a larger penalty needs to apply to force players to take a tired BG out of front line service. Is this moddable?

The French are attacking across the south bridge and this time they have tanks, so I trade a sniper for a PAK 35 AT gun. Sniper Basse has an Iron Cross so I leave him, send his mate Kuch back to the pattiserie in the town.

The 8.8cm farm ute puts down his croissant long enough to take out 3 French FCM 36 tanks! This is the only gun with a green target on these, the 2 cm Pz II cannot harm them! Unfortunatly he keeps reloading with HE to aim at infantry, so the first shot at the tank is HE, the the AP shell kills them.

Mouzon4.jpg
 Description:
Uncle Bobs Truck with an 88 on top!
 Filesize:  124.75 KB
 Viewed:  427 Time(s)

Mouzon4.jpg

Mouzon3.jpg
 Description:
Result
 Filesize:  131.31 KB
 Viewed:  637 Time(s)

Mouzon3.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

MOVEMENT TURN - Eve May 13
A few more BG's have appeared in the east. Our 2 BG's in the south are tired so I will try a risky night-time BG swap. We will lose control of the map but it should be a meeting engagement and with night cover I will take back the map leaving a fresh BG in place in the morning! Good Plan? Lets see......

Also moved units west to try to re-establish supply to the Pz units. Char bis tanks have appeared at La Louveire and the 15/5 Pz is almost out of fuel. I will leave it to defend instead of trying to attack with no fuel.

I use all the artillery support I can, there's not many battles that it reaches any more.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:58 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

May 13_Mid_T2_Mouzon - Pzr 25\7Pz vs 5e BCP
The Char bis tanks have arrived in Charleroi! As I control the map and I need firepower, the second Pz IV is brought up. 2 scout cars are traded for AT schutzen.

GOOD NEWS! The AT schutzen with the molotov cocktail takes out a Char B1 from the 2nd floor window - Lanz you're a hero! It was white knuckle CC action as the huge B1 trundled down the street towards my AT team. They came under attack by a chef squad but held their DEFEND stand until - BOOM - classic CC action!

I try an ME110 strike on the other Char B1 but it is not effective. When the French ask for a truce I accept.

I lost 1 Pz IV and killed 1 Char B1, an H-39 and damaged a P-19 MG truck

Charleroi2.jpg
 Description:
ME 110 fail
 Filesize:  309.15 KB
 Viewed:  481 Time(s)

Charleroi2.jpg

Charleroi3.jpg
 Description:
IRON CROSS, then martyrdom for the Fuhrer
 Filesize:  119.69 KB
 Viewed:  580 Time(s)

Charleroi3.jpg

Charleroi1.jpg
 Description:
[b]BOOM[/b]
 Filesize:  311.95 KB
 Viewed:  627 Time(s)

Charleroi1.jpg

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 am Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

I've left the next battle for Mooxe, Char B1 for you!

tld_olb_29.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tld_olb_29.gc
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Downloaded:  565 Time(s)

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:25 pm Post subject: Re: CCS vs TLD Meuse AI - Operation Le Blitznado Reply with quote

Rgr I'll pick it up tonite.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: