Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Good stuff.  Cool

Sign me up if you can!

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

I think an official CCS channel on youtube could be a pretty good idea.

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Saw the latest vid
What am I doing you say? Im chilling with the bunch of partisans we found in woods!
They had loads of Vodka, why leave in such a hurry?  Laughing

By the way, you pronounce Gunsche like you did the second time, with the E.  Wink

Laughing tbh, that's a good way to survive the war! However, I'm going to have to punish you next time for fraternizing with the enemy - you'll be right the front ;)

dgfred wrote (View Post):

Good stuff. Cool

Sign me up if you can!

@dgfred, consider it done! You'll be in episode 7 I think.

mooxe wrote (View Post):

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
CC5 Stalingrad Mod is a classic. By the way, why does CCS not have its own channel for all kind of CC related videos of our community?

Easy answer. Nobody has shown an interest in starting the channel. TIK is really the first person to show an interest AND interact with the community. Theres a few other video makers out there, but they were not part of the community. Maybe its time to start one?

My mission is to keep this series alive, which is why I have tried my best to be as much involved with everything as possible. I know from experience that the more videos that are out there, the more people discover this series, the more multiplayers there are and the more people play or take an interest in it behind the scenes. But then you need the forums and the websites to provide a base for the community to meet, speak and debate. This was part of the reason I created my website too, to provide a place for my CC subs to hang out, because it's hard to meet people through youtube. I'd argue that the best way to revive this series is to integrate both videos and websites together in one interconnecting loop.

As far as an "official" channel is concerned, I'll offer advice where I can. You could have a "CloseCombatSeries" channel, but tbh I'd like to see a "Mooxe" channel. The one thing with youtube is that it's personal, and an "Official" channel might be less effective than a channel that's less formal, if that makes sense. You can have both of course (although that'll be more work), or a "Mooxe" channel could be the official CCS channel too, but my advice is to not be formal with it.

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I'm signing up for.
Playing?
Or having my name entered as one of the Units?

I had always thought it would be fun to add everyone's name from this site to the Team names file.
maybe have a thread depicting what side you want to be listed as.

This way you could watch/wait/see where Mooxe pops up
Gunner?Commander?
How long does he survive?

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Playing?

I had always thought it would be fun to add everyone's name from this site to the Team names file.

Gunner?Commander?

The name entered as one of the units. Pick wisely, otherwise you might not survive the battle for the city. You can influence me though, saying what unit you want, and what you want me to do with your unit.

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I'm going to have to punish you next time for fraternizing with the enemy - you'll be right the front Wink

Can't wait to see whats up next for my band of schützen: an iron cross, or a wooden one?
Suddenly I regret not signing up for the Luftwaffe!
Never mind! Come on! I can take your bullets! etc etc  Wink

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Episodes 5 and 6 are up. I've updated the first post with the links too.

Episode 5 - Can we take the Airfield?
Episode 6 - Take the Trenches!

Episode 7 will be up later today on CloseCombatFanatics.com

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

I was a bit afraid you send me alone in the forest! Wink

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Playing?

Gunner?Commander?

The name entered as one of the units. Pick wisely, otherwise you might not survive the battle for the city. You can influence me though, saying what unit you want, and what you want me to do with your unit.

I would like a Pioneer unit if possible  Cool . Or a Mortar unit  Wink .

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

dgfred - sadly I've just uploaded episode 7... and you're in it!

It's not public on youtube yet, but I'll pm you the link Wink

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Dang tom... if you were not shooting them you were running them over  Shocked in Episode 6.

Nice work

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
dgfred - sadly I've just uploaded episode 7... and you're in it!

It's not public on youtube yet, but I'll pm you the link Wink

No problem... get me in when you can or I can just watch. Thanks.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Episode 7 - FIRST CASUALTY!

@dgFred, don't worry, you're in it!

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Nice fight. Taking out their tank plummets their morale.  Wink

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:50 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Hey til. Great idea, I don't have the net and I'm writing from a smart phone. Can't wait to see your new videos and get involved. Hows hio3 going? Hope alls well
Smile

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Hey til. Great idea, I don't have the net and I'm writing from a smart phone. Can't wait to see your new videos and get involved. Hows hio3 going? Hope alls well
Smile

I was wondering why you were so quiet recently! Well, I'll put you in episode 9 anyway, even though you can't watch it Wink

Between my youtube channel, my new website, the tournament I'm doing as well as real life, I've abandoned HOI3 and pretty much any other game. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Am I stupid or is the video up on fanatics or not?
I see it but there is no video, like just a placeholder.

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Am I stupid or is the video up on fanatics or not?
I see it but there is no video, like just a placeholder.

You mean for episode 8? Yeah there's some sort of error. The coding is right but it won't display. I think it doesn't like the link.

Here's the direct link to Episode 8 on youtube.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Episode 8 was nice, bit short tough. But we'll probably see longer fighting once in the city.
Oh and "Paj" is pronounced like "Pie". "Paj" actually means "pie" in Swedish.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Reply with quote

Episode 9 is up!

Paj, yeah the battles can be short sometimes. That's a problem with CC though. And sorry I didn't say your name right. I'll get it right next time Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: