Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:36 am Post subject: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

Is there a reason why maps were available with the WaR v2.0 installer of the Ground Tactics mod, but not later versions?. Is there a zip, 7z or rar file of the maps available somewhere?. I'm using the latest version of Ground Tactics (v5.0), with WaR v4.50.15b. Was this a copyright issue or something or did davidssfx just give up on WaR players?. I don't want to install an older version just to get the maps from it, then have to remove it again.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:12 am Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

Platoon_Michael might be the one on your mod issue, never tried that mod..

I have a question on the Open General you have as a sig..

You working on that project? I followed it back on JP's site when they 1st started out, it's looking really nice now from the link. Mostly got away from PG2/3 years ago and went int PEG-WW2 on Robert's section at JP's site there, but the PEG section ventured away from WW2 and Robert is into Matrix's Panzer Corp now. A different crowd.

Edit:

I helped Robert on his Civil war mods with research and unit/weapons data on those mods. Those Open General graphics look very similar to PeG

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

No I'm not working on the project Johnsilver. I'm just pointing people to a game that I enjoy a lot and it deserves recognition. It's a pain getting Panzer General 2 to work on Operating Systems other than XP or earlier and this is the solution to that.

The PeG EFILE just got updated recently and the Eastern Campaign was added. For those that don't have People's General.

I do play the People's General and PeG WW2 also. The link to the downloads are in the 3rd url at the bottom. I haven't played the Civil War Mod yet but it looks really good.

JP's Panzers Wargame & History Forums

Luis Guzman Tools

http://www.pegww2.net/Pages/install.htm

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

Great idea to tag Robert's page there with a link. Have thought of adding it myself many, many times.

One of the great ones IMO and has given me many hours of pleasure with various campaigns there.

Still haven't tried the WW1 campaigns.. One day am going to give 'em a whirl. Played every WW2 campaign from the German side multiple times, US ones, many Russian ones, The Finnish ones and they are HARD, The UK ones are really hard also.

That Boot of Death is almost impossible to get past the 1st scenario as the Axis..

Jeez.. Talking myself into another PeG-WW2 campaign

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

Check your PM Digs

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

@platoon_michael
Thanks again for the map pack, I created a 7z file after downloading it. Instead of it's total size being 1070MB, it's now 366.22MB.  Smile

I copied over all the maps except for the ones that are included with the plug-in to: "C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\Ground_Tactics_v5\Maps". Unfortunately I'm still getting an error when starting a campaign.

Like I said in the other post I'm not using ModSwap or an Installer. I downloaded the plug-in and created folder structure for the files and placed the files into their correct folders using a printout of the mod.ini file. When that was done I copied the mod folder into the WaR directory and created a copy of the WaR quick start shortcut. Then added /D Ground_Tactics_v5 to the target area so it looks like this: "C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\CCE.exe" /D Ground_Tactics_v5
Then I re-named the shortcut to Ground Tactics Mod v5.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When creating folder structure I added new empty folders under these directories...

Ground_Tactics_v5\Games\
\Battles
\Save

also

Ground_Tactics_v5\Data\
\Battles
\Ops

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wacht am Rhein is v4.50.15b

Ground Tactics v5.0 Mod Directory under WaR.jpg
 Description:
Pictures say a thousand words...
 Filesize:  134.24 KB
 Viewed:  479 Time(s)

Ground Tactics v5.0 Mod Directory under WaR.jpg

Ground Tactics Mod v5.0 Error.jpg
 Description:
This is the error I get when starting a new campaign.
 Filesize:  423.81 KB
 Viewed:  397 Time(s)

Ground Tactics Mod v5.0 Error.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

Sorry I have no idea

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:41 am Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

I'm guessing it needs extra files from TLD and I'm using WaR so it won't work. I find it strange that there's only one file that goes into the LocalFX folder, and that's Sound.sfx. In the Graphics folder, there's only 8 files that go in there.

Ground Tactics v5.0 Mod for TLD - mod.ini contents
[General]
Name=Ground_Tactics_v5
Description=Ground Tactics Mod for TLD by davidssfx and team
Game Version Required=4

[Exclusive Files]

[InstallFiles]
Campaign.txt=\data\base\
alsteams.txt=\data\base\
axsteams.txt=\data\base\
bgroups.txt=\data\base\
Elements.txt=\data\base\
fpools.txt=\data\base\
nations.txt=\data\base\
soldiers.txt=\data\base\
Uniforms.txt=\data\base\
Vehicles.txt=\data\base\
Weapons.txt=\data\base\

Drive for Cherbourg=\data\CAMPAIGN\
Objective Caen=\data\CAMPAIGN\
Road to St. Lo=\data\CAMPAIGN\
The Longest Day=\data\CAMPAIGN\

CCImages.pix=\GRAPHICS
GameGadg.GDG=\GRAPHICS\
ScrnGadg.GDG=\GRAPHICS\
shadows.azp=\GRAPHICS\
Tanks.azp=\GRAPHICS\
Terrain=\GRAPHICS\
uniticons.bmp=\GRAPHICS\
Wrecks.azp=\GRAPHICS\

sound.sfx=\LOCALFX\
INCrully.LOS=\MAPS\
INCrully.txt=\MAPS\
INLebisy.los=\MAPS\
INLebisy.txt=\MAPS\
INMrvlBt.btd=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.bgm=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.btd=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.los=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.mmm=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.ovm=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.rfm=\MAPS\
INPegBdg.txt=\MAPS\
INTalTan.los=\MAPS\
INTalTan.txt=\MAPS\

ObjectiveCaenMapGroundTactics.jpg=\Support\

[HideFiles]

[Required Maps]

[RequiredMods]

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 am Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

Yea your missing a lot of files from what I can see
8 Data files missing
6 Graphic files.
12 files from the LocalFX folder
And almost every map.

The version I have the readme says 2.0 so I'm assuming 5.0 is either just an update or is that your version# ?
Use the link below to grab what you need/want. just give it an hour or so to finish uploading.

GT 2.0 files

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

I have the maps that you gave me, that's just the contents of the original mod.ini from the plug-in of TLD GroundTactics Mod v5.0. Those are all the files included in the plug-in.
I manually changed the line that says: "Game Version Required=4" (the default is 5 if your using TLD). The game doesn't use the mod.ini file anyway, it's only for installing the plug-in through ModSwap.

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: Maps for WaR players using the Ground Tactics Mod Reply with quote

@platoon_michael
That's really nice of you to upload the files I need, would you mind uploading the complete zip package without the maps?. That must have taken you awhile to upload each individual file like that. There's a lot of missing files I need to download.

Here's the link to the plug-in for the TLD Ground Tactics mod v5.0 that I'm using.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I download all of the missing files and I can start a Campaign now, but when I go to execute a map it crashes WaR. I copied all of the maps from the map pack you uploaded into the Maps directory for Ground Tactics. Except for the maps that were included with the plug-in. I didn't overwrite those because they must be newer with fixes added.

I have no idea why the mod was available for WaR in the beginning then no longer supported after v2.0. Mods for TLD, (I'm told) are suppose to be backwards compatible with WaR and LSA but that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess it depends on the modder taking into consideration that it can be made to work with other newer CC games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: