Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
brunel

Rep: 27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 am Post subject: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

Hello, I have just downloaded the BoB mod and attempted to add it to my TLD install, by copying the necessary files to the relevant folders. I keep getting an error saying something about missing wrecks when beginning a battle, and then it crashes to desktop. Also, after the crash, there is no sound at all and I have to restart my laptop. Does anyone have any solution? Thanks

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

Easy answer. Battle of Berlin is meant for CC5. It is not compatible with TLD.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:31 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

There is a version of BOB for TLD but it comes as an exe which will auto install the mod.

Here is a link to the thread to grab the original install plus some updated files; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

brunel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

Hi, I did use the TLD download and ran the exe file. This installed the mod but I had to copy the data, games, graphics and local fx folders to my TLD directory as the installer put them in a sub folder called BoB. The exact error message I get is: unable to read texture NONE from file....(close combat TLD location)...\wrecks.azp. Then it sends me back to desktop. Not sure what what I've done wrong? Thanks

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

The mod should be in its own sub directory.

The installer should have added a shortcut for the mod to your desktop and or start menu, see below for some examples, that will start TLD using the mod files in the sub directory.

Note: make sure you grab some of the updated individual files in the thread linked above to get some fixes/updates to the original mod in the exe.

CC Mods Installed With exe.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.11 KB
 Viewed:  456 Time(s)

CC Mods Installed With exe.jpg

brunel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

OK, I have reinstalled the mod and deleted the old one. I start TLD with the mod .exe on the start menu. Im still getting the same error message and problems, and I don't understand why?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:28 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

Because you copied mod files over your original files it is possible your TLD installer is now corrupt.

Uninstall mods
Uninstall TLD
Reinstall TLD
Patch TLD
Reinstall mods

brunel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:26 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

Ok, i've done all of the above and Im still getting the same error message.

brunel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:00 am Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

I've also been getting 'unable to read texture am18td from file....(close combat TLD location)...\wrecks.azp' and 'unable to read texture am36td from file....(close combat TLD location)...\wrecks.azp'. Its pot luck whether it crashes or not, 1 in 4 attempts it seems to work fine!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Battle of Berlin problems Reply with quote

For missing wreck graphic make sure your TLD install is at the latest version CC-TheLongestDay-Update-55014b.exe.

For single battles the game adds random vehicle wrecks which originally was done by selecting a number of rows of data from known vehicle rows. Later this was changed so the known rows of vehicles was created by checking all rows to see if the row was a vehicle as mods where crashing as the vehicle data/rows did not always match the original game files. It could also be a mod issue as the row of data might be for a vehicle but there might be no wreck graphic or it is spelled wrong. Playing an operation or campaign will skip the adding of random wrecks so try that to see if the mod works, if not then there is something else going on (file permissions in the mod directory or Vista had a "feature" allowing multiple versions of the same file but I never understood when it made a copy and when/why it used the new or old file).

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: