Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

I believe the AI path changing was changed in WAR but I do not know which if any bridges in WAR have the same problem as Pegasus map in TLD.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
I believe the AI path changing was changed in WAR but I do not know which if any bridges in WAR have the same problem as Pegasus map in TLD.

Hi,

Maybe this (the AI Path Change) is all just an Urban Legend.  Laughing  [slaps forehead] Because, I tried a test in CCMT, and guess what, no tanks would pass over Pegasus Bridge. I am using CCMT, and it hasn't been updated since January 2008 (me thinks).

Of course, the bridge is actually coded as Paved Road. The thin metallic line adjacent to the paved road is coded as bridge wall, and the grey areas adjacent to the bridge wall is coded as deep water. And now that I think about it, I have noticed narrow wooden bridges in CC3 coded as bridge (not wooden bridge), and coded much wider than the bridge (into the water), so perhaps tanks could pass over those bridges.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

I posted up the remainder of December 17th battles, four in all.

Morale on and German agents redirecting my strategic moves are making it very interesting...

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:17 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

MOOXE and Michael, I've really enjoyed watching your re-plays.  Thanks so much!!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

I'm not  :lol:

I'm talking a beating

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:23 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

A lot of the maps are complete slug fests. So morale drops quickly and early.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

Were now getting to the point where my BG's are taking a beating from the Tank destroyers Mooxe is starting to get.

As mentioned in the Shout Box the attrition in this game seems much better than say Wacht am Rhein (The re-released version of This game)
In some cases the PM Battles leave one without a full BG.
Last night I only had 9 or 10 teams at Stavelot.And I know a few cases where Mooxe has said the same thing.
The AM turns are replenishing me,but for how long?

It's currently Dec 20th and Mooxe is wondering how many more Panthers I have left.
And I'm worried at what point do they start getting replaced with MarkIV's ,Armored cars or Half-tracks.
I'm also worried have I been to aggressive with my Troops and squandering too many too fast.
It's been way too many years since I've played to know,but I do know that day is coming for me.

The closest I ever got to completing a GC was with Platoon_Knight with me playing as the Axis.
The only reason we didn't finish it was because my BG's were rendered virtually useless with many many cases of 1 or 2 man Teams,almost all BG's had many empty slots and little or No armor what so ever.
And at said point I cried Uncle.
I cant remember exactly but it couldn't have been 1 maybe 2 days left

I currently only have a Minor Victory in the GC.
Here's hoping my current and upcoming Battle Tactics and Philosophy on the Strategic Map prevail.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

I hear the sound of a Jumbo rumbling your way from the south..........................

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:32 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

Current situation.
Dec. 21st AM

UO0019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.24 KB
 Viewed:  13892 Time(s)

UO0019.jpg

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.71 KB
 Viewed:  13892 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

After one Battle at Bastogne last night.
I didn't think about taking a screen shot during the Battle but Mooxe was stuck in a Very Small area in the lower Southwest corner.

10th Armored has arrived at

UO0020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.54 KB
 Viewed:  559 Time(s)

UO0020.jpg

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

I like being the underdog. However, countless battles of facing 5 panthers with 2 M10s and some other random AT units is taxing.... can't wait for them to be gone. The good thing about getting so many units disbanded on the 20th is it forced my armoured unit (10th) to spawn behind the main German armoured unit.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

PM you need to be careful not to overextend past Ortheuville. Sonenchamps NEEDS to be taken, but your BG in Bastogne has to be replaced by another on the turn it leaves to prevent a US BG sneaking in. The ability to stack units and move them through another unit is sadly missing in the older versions.

If Mooxe has a weak (non armour) BG in Assenois you would be best to NOT rout it or a stronger armour BG will replace it.

Houffalize is another map you absolutely NEED to control to get units through to La Rouch and Baraque Obama.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Baraque Obama.

You just had to turn this into a political thread didn't you....

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:25 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

Hoping for the trainwreck thread actually  Twisted Evil

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:07 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

Mooxe, just read your post on the main page.  Bit about the German infantry support gun was interesting.  After the watching the video, the gun seemed more impervious to mortars than we have seen in CCs since--is that the case with all AT guns?  I actually like that, and I also like it when AT guns can deploy inside buildings.  It might not be realistic, but it gives a defender more options and makes those teams more valuable.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

I also agree with your observations about the game
Smallish maps means fast battles. No crawling around a huge map looking for a fight.
Fixed forcepools means no decisions - just fight!

At the time it was a HUGE change from CC3 to CC4, I can see why people didnt like it as much. But in hindsight it has it's place.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:28 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

OK Mooxe

Where are you?
Still on Holiday?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

With this much delay in the fighting the Fuhrer might be able to bring fuel and supply's to the front.  Very Happy

By himself. Laughing

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

haha... we are going to cont I promise!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:19 am Post subject: Re: Classic CC4 GC - MOOXE vs Platoon_Michael Reply with quote

Hey,
I wouldn't be me if I wasn't busting someones chops.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: