Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tweed

Rep: 11.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm Post subject: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Guns and machineguns can stay hidden even when firing. How?

Tweed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

BTW it is said in the manual that scouts can stay hidden better than others. Is that true when compared to other infantry units? What game data rules this?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Thats a good question. The whole visibility thing is kind of a mystery to most of us.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

I think as long as on ambush all are 'seen' the same. Sneaking it seems that Recon units are harder to see IMO. They also move quicker of course.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Yeah they definitely move quicker. Second only to dismounted tank command teams!

I would really love a detailed explanation on how things are seen and how things remain hidden. There are some clues in the manuals but no data like there is for weapon data.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

The AT Guns and mg teams stay hidden while firing is because none of your troops have spotted them yet. When none of your troops have visual it's only a muzzle flash or general direction the fire is coming from. Sneaking through areas, is a good way to expose them without them seeing you first. Moving fast is the worst.

Recon teams are small numbers os they have a small chance of being spotted. They are used to see what's on the battlefield ahead of your troops so you'll know what's in store for your platoon as far as enemy movement and positions they will appear red on map. You can then move bazooka teams into houses on a road a tank is traveling etc.. or setup an mg team for troops crossing an open field.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Tweed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 am Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Yeah they definitely move quicker. Second only to dismounted tank command teams!

I assume that they move faster, due to (1) smaller weight of weapons/ammo per team member and (2) better cohesion.
Small team=better cohesion. They also dont have to stop and wait for slower team members as often, as in the bigger team.

Other small teams (like MGs and AT rifles) are not so fast cause of heavy armanent. You know, "the speed of a group is the speed of its slowest member".

Thats all my IMHO based on the understanding that game mechanics are all mathematically based.

Tweed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 am Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
The AT Guns and mg teams stay hidden while firing is because none of your troops have spotted them yet. When none of your troops have visual it's only a muzzle flash or general direction the fire is coming from. Sneaking through areas, is a good way to expose them without them seeing you first. Moving fast is the worst.

I dont care about game tactics. I want to understand game mechanics.
Not through battle experience, but through cold soulless figures and formulas.

Could you explain this:
- if AT gun operates in automatic "defend" mode,- it is hidden for a long time. Particulary when I switch between defend and ambush.
- if I choose the target (tank) manually , AT gun immediatly becomes visible to the enemy, even before firing first round. Like if I issued command "expose to enemy".

And, hell, my russian DP machine gun was able to stay unspotted while killing three german squad. Distance was not less than 30 meters and not more than 60m.

Other example - "granatometchiki" (russian AT grenade team of 3) was hidden in bldng all the way while attacking Stug from 10 meters with RPG-40 at grenades.
Scouts team of 3 was immediately spotted by the tank after througing first RPG-40 in the same combat conditions (distanse , bldng)

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Aggh close combats deep game Mechanics. Its a mystery. But some just pick up more clues.                            [ good questions. I have often thought about having various exact statistics

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:19 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Those Russian DPs are hard to kill. I had the same thing happen in my last Stalingrad game... DP killing off two attacking squads before a Stug blasted him/them away.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

I was under the impression that if a unit was in an ambush mode that would promote survival. But I have had anything from MG units to SMG units wiped out by enemy units attacking them on what I guess would be a move fast mode. Even being hidden didn't seem to make a difference.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

vobbnobb

Rep: 73

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

^ that's because team was weak (basic training or avg team) even in ambush your team didn't know how to hide or enemy were vets. Check out this post
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=74400&highlight=#74400

I go over the color coding of teams and why some teams act better than others all depending on + or - levels.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Team bonuses depend on Type value in teams like:

1) Scouts see farther.
2) Snipers hide better and don't take VLs.
3) Vehicle crews are faster than light after bailing out.
4) HTs shoot slower than tanks with same guns.
and etc etc etc

Tweed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Team bonuses depend on Type value in teams like:

1) Scouts see farther.
2) Snipers hide better and don't take VLs.
3) Vehicle crews are faster than light after bailing out.
4) HTs shoot slower than tanks with same guns.
and etc etc etc

Thank you, Dima.
So, there are specific features defined by team type.
As I understand these fetures are in "alsteam' and german teams? Like in LSA:

0 = Command Infantry, 1 = Cmnd Halftrack, 2 = Vehicle Cmnd Tank, 3 = Crew, 4 = Sniper, 5 = Anti-Tank Infantry, 6 = Recon, 7 = Rifle, 8 = Heavy Rifle, 9 = Assault Infantry, 10 = Engineer, 11 = Machine Gun, 12 = Lt Mortar, 13 = Gun Light Infantry, 14 = Gun Medium Infantry, 15 = Gun Heavy Infantry, 16 = Gun Light Flak, 17 = Gun Medium Flak, 18 = Gun Heavy Flak, 19 = Gun Light AT, 20 = Gun Medium AT, 21 = Gun Heavy AT, 22 = Vehicle Truck, 23 = Vehicle Halftrack, 24 = Vehicle Recon, 25 = Vehicle Flak, 26 = Vehicle Lt Assault Gun, 27 = Vehicle Md Assault Gun, 28 = Vehicle Hvy Assault Gun, 29 = Vehicle Jmb Assault Gun, 30 = Vehicle Lt Tank Dest, 31 = Vehicle Md T Dest, 32 = Vehicle Hvy Tank Dest, 33 = Vehicle Lt Tank, 34 = Vehicle Md Tank, 35 = Vehicle Hvy Tank, 36 = Vehicle Jmb Tank, 37 = Vehicle  Lt Halftrack, 38 = Vehicle Mortar Halftrack, 39 = Med Mortar, 40 = Company Command Team

But where can I find modifiers' table? Like "+20% view range bonus for scouts"

BTW, today I downloaded Qclone and I can not open any .adb.. When I try it quickly flashes with some kinda message and closes it.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Quote:

no such table - but you can do one basing on your modding/playing experience.

Quote:
BTW, today I downloaded Qclone and I can not open any .adb.. When I try it quickly flashes with some kinda message and closes it.

sometimes it's good to read readme - you need to download java machine (3 files) and some other shit - don't remember the name now (both availabe at CCS download section)

Tweed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Quote:

sometimes it's good to read readme - you need to download java machine (3 files) and some other shit - don't remember the name now (both availabe at CCS download section)

Dima, obizhaesh ))

I've read readme and tried to act in accordance with it. Tried to find something in the web, but I'm not that good in IT and soft.
Thank you for guidance - now I know that there is no need to google. Just have to pick  missing part from download section.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Tweed wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Quote:

Dima, obizhaesh ))
I've read readme and tried to act in accordance with it. Tried to find something in the web, but I'm not that good in IT and soft.
Thank you for guidance - now I know that there is no need to google. Just have to pick  missing part from download section.

Aktiven slishkom Smile.

Net frame 2.0 and 3 java files availabe in download section of CCS under misc folder.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Good luck getting it all to work on Windows 7.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

works fine here with both 32 and 64 W7

Tweed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: Ability to stay hidden Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

works fine here with both 32 and 64 W7

I did it ) It works. Many thanks!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: