Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Vandoo

Rep: 4.5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:18 pm Post subject: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Hi all !

I've been a CC player since CC4, but for obvious reasons much preferred CC5 and all the wonderful mods that went with it. But after more than 10 years of playin' on and off with my friend I had some computer problems so I lost all my cc5 files. And the fun part of it is that my friend just changed his old comp and was relying on me for the files...
Thanks to CCS having all the mods we enjoyed so much wont be a problem.  Very Happy

Now, for some reasons we never believed into investing $$$ into the re-re-re-releases.  Evil or Very Mad

I understand that for some liability reason (with the re-re-re-release company) I cant get the cc5 full install around here.

So the million dollar question is : Does someone know where I could get a SAFE option of getting it back ???
Thanks in advance, any suggestion will be much appreciated . Cant wait to have my CC fix, feeling like a junkie in need now.

Vandoo

ETA   Nevermind I did what I had to do...
        Lot of work and a real pain in the @ss  Shocked

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Re-releases of original CC5 sold in Amazon, where I bought it.

Vandoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 pm Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Yeah thaks for the info.

In fact I already knew that but was kinda reluctant to the idea since those "new" games were stil based on the same antiquated engine.

But now after getting myself a copy of cc5, and trying to solve graphic problems for almost 2 days on my new comp. I think that maybe the time is now to get me LSA or TLD (or both  Smile )  I mean all that technical mumbo jumbo is time consuming and I'm far from being an expert on those issues.

Anyways one thing's for sure I'm gonna get Gateway to Caen when its ready. But its gonna be do or die for those matrix guys, I've been waiting almost 15 years for things as simple as "somehow intelligent" armor that can do a simple pop-out attack without going all around the map exposing its rear  Rolling Eyes .

Vandoo

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

It is not that hard, it is your choice, but my reason to buy was stalingrad mod.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind about Gateway to Caen is that it will be very similar to Panthers in the Fog. The next big update for CC will be Close Combat – The Bloody First which is already being worked.

Vandoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:44 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Hi !

Yes I know that Gateway to Caen is gonna be similar of the other re-re-releases but I'm still gonna give it a try. As I never played the re-releases I'm very eager to try the "troop transport" and towing my guns too. But TLD is gonna be first on the list especially for the Kharkov and "GJS" mods, which are looking very cool.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:18 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Vandoo TLD as your first pick is a good choice as it has the most mods of the re-releases.

LSA is another good release as there are a few unique features in it; bridge building and repair, driving/walking under bridges and reserve BG's lending units to the front line BG (the lent units can attack from a 2nd entry VL) as the top 3 to me.

Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen have a more zoomed view as the map scale has been changed to make it closer to the vehicle size along with improved explosion graphics. Also the way mortars work has been made more realistic as there is a delay for a single spotting round and then another delay before a number of following shells hit (if you target one of the last couple spots you hit there is less delay).

Vandoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:23 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Sure looks interesting, will positively try it eventually.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:56 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

Wacht am Rhein can do the same thing as TLD
And the Mods for TLD are compatible with WAR.

But for some reason it doesn't get mention very often.

Certainly seems that WAR is destined to be just like CCIV....gotta fight to keep it alive.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:08 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

My 2 cents  Arrow

If you know you are going to get Gateway to Caen, then I would say stick with that game for a while before you get any others. These new 2d games probably work best with goodly sized monitors with plenty of pixels and you might want a better box to push them because of the map sizes, etc.

The logical next step would be PitF, but just maybe someone will convert an old mod to the larger format. Omaha Beach seems like a good candidate, if only for the beech maps.

I wish I had time for it.

Like platoon_michael, I like Bulge. And right now, I have enough 2D CC material to keep me interested for the duration.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

I cant see anyone porting a Mod to either GWTC or PiFT based on the zoomed in view.
Anything short of "ALL" new graphics for trees,Vehicles would be a waste of time.
I wouldn't play another ported over Mod.

And when I include Trees I mean Coniferous for a BotB Mod.
I'm assuming they didn't make any?
Did they?

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 am Post subject: Re: How to get cc5 again ? Reply with quote

You might be right that no one will ever do such a mod, but ...

Maybe an Omaha Beach mod could use use some of the tank graphics from GTC or Pitf?

What about soldier colors already in use with GTC and PitF? Can they be used?

The trees already in use with GTC might be able to be used as well? There might be a few shadow issues, but its minor, since I just don't see a lot of trees on the beach maps. Or just expand and sharpen the CC5 trees to go with the expanded maps, but again no trees on beach maps.  

It just seems to me that the the maps need to be re-sized using 5CC, and I would maybe limit the number of maps to just the beach maps and perhaps the beach exits. As a test, you could just do Pointe du Hoc and use it to replace one of the maps in GTC or PitF. If it looks pretty good, then so will the other beach maps.

Alternatively, everyone could suck up to Conrad or southern_land, and they could expand the current beach maps, and just repaint them using the textures that came with GTC.

How do PitF (and soon to be GTC maps) look on a wide screen high resolution monitor. (i.e. larger than 1360 x 768). I bet it looks pretty good.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: