Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GeneralSauce

Rep: 39.3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 pm Post subject: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

this is super annoying.  but if i put in GJS mod BEFORE PATCH, it seems to work.  the icon changes from guy with helmet to GJS icon and runs.  if i run the patch FIRST, when i go to install GJS Mod, nothing happens.  it doesn't install, but game plays normal original way.   can someone with greater computer skllls or who has dealt with this before, help me out?  i'm at my wits end.   thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

generalsauce

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

most likely that's because mod installs a patch in different folder Program Files/SSI/CC5(longer actually) which is not same as your folder for CC5

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

....so what does that mean?  what do i do then?  it says in the instructions u have to add the patch before doing the mod swap.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

Tell us what folder you installed CC5 to.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:04 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

I installed to program files (x86).  I tried putting it in just plain program files but that wouldn't work either.  so i've been messing with this, and if i DON"T instal it WORKS and on initial GJS screen it says i'm workiing with the updated patched 5.01 version. (when i uninstal it must be not erasing certain elements of the patch?)   however NONE of the OTHER plugins work.  I have 6 other plugins installed and none of them work, except GJS.  Wtf?

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

Don't install in program files or program files (x86), better to make another folder. To install the patch let it "install" into default location then copy and paste the files created into your real game dir.

As last resort, a plug in is nothing but a zip file, if you can't make the config manager to work, rename the *.pln extension to *.zip, extract the files and paste them manually.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

GeneralSauce wrote (View Post):
I installed to program files (x86).  I tried putting it in just plain program files but that wouldn't work either.  so i've been messing with this, and if i DON"T instal it WORKS and on initial GJS screen it says i'm workiing with the updated patched 5.01 version. (when i uninstal it must be not erasing certain elements of the patch?)   however NONE of the OTHER plugins work.  I have 6 other plugins installed and none of them work, except GJS.  Wtf?

Ok its installed to (x86) folder, good, but we need to start over anyways as I think your install is corrupted with failed patch/mod installs. Follow the order these steps are in...

- Uninstall all mods
- Uninstall 5.01 patch
- Uninstall CC5
- Reinstall CC5
- Open REGEDIT.EXE and search for CC5.EXE. Ensure all matches show the correct folder, the (x86) one. Edit all entries.
- Download and install this CC5 5.01 patch
- Open CC5 and ensure it says 5.01 in the bottom right
- Right click your Config Manager exe file (CfgV13.exe), select PROPERTIES, COMPATIBILITY, and select RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR
- Open the Config Manager
- Install the GJS 4.4 plugin.

If you still have problems follow follow these instructions then restart the instructions in this post, in order.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

did that.  shows that its patched.  go to install mod and heres what it says:

"failed to copy C:\program files\ssi\close combat invasion normandy\cc5 exe to system \original\cc5exe because c:\program files\ssi\closecombbatinvasion normandy\cc5exe does not exist.

this is why i said earlier that i had installed it in regular program files, not (x86) program files because its looking for the wrong area.

but also in the Reg edit...not sure i found everything i needed.  only a couple entries... one was for a diffferent area and i deleted it.  not sure if im' doing that right.   not to savy on regedit.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

I remember having the same problem, it is one of the common problems on a Windows 7 64bit system.  I don't remember very well, but I think I was able to solve the problem by installing CC5 in the program files folder (not the x86). And then I probably changed the compatibility of Config Manager to Windows XP or something.

I followed the standard installation order:
CC5 --> 5.01 patch --> put the maps in the CC maps folder --> put the plugin in the config manager --> install the plugin

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

window XP even though i'm windows 7?  i'll give it a try.  its quite frustrating.  used to work.  never had this problem before.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

The only other thing I can suggest is searching for Normandy in the registry. I also run Win7 64b, and everything is working fine from the x86 folder.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to add: Running config manager as administrator may also do the trick. Actually I am pretty sure this will solve your problem.  I hope mu suggestions help, and please notify us if it solves the problem so that we can add it on the help section!

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 am Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

"failed to copy C:\program files\ssi\close combat invasion normandy\cc5 exe to system \original\cc5exe because c:\program files\ssi\closecombbatinvasion normandy\cc5exe does not exist.  the patch somehow tells it to look for the program in the wrong area.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:26 am Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

Yeap. Its looking there because your registry is saying thats where it is.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 am Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

what is clockspl.exe? that is only thing else that comes up on invasion normandy besides cc5.exe.   if i search for CC5.EXE...whati get says (86x)...the patch itself is on desktop..not program files 86x... but when it runs, it does infact patch it.  when i uninstal the patch and then reinstall it after cc5 reinstal, it says i have to overwrite a bunch  of files in a TEMP file, like not everything was removed in uninstal.    not sure what that's about.  so just to be clear, if i do plugin BEFORE patch  GJS works.  however none of the OTHER Mods work. when i patch...nothing works.  this is a funky one.

GeneralSauce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:13 am Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

anyone?

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:44 am Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

General, the install instructions posted do work. You are messing something up somewhere. I am really unsure as to how to make things more clear. Other than remotely accessing your PC and doing it myself I see no solution for you.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:42 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with GJS PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

Hi GeneralSauce;

I use Window Vista and i 'm unable to install mod tought config manager.

I use mod tought multi game install.
What i do is:

I install CCV by default.
I patch it and run it to check is everything is ok.

Once it's done, i made a copy of the " Close Combat Invasion Normandy" and i rename it with the name mod IE " Close Combat Invasion Normady GJS"
Then i put all map/file of the mod  manually to this new folder " Close Combat Invasion Normandy GJS".

Once it's done all i have to do when i want to play a mod/regular game is to rename the folder correctly.

If i want to play GJS i rename " Close Combat Invasion Normandy" to " Close Combat Invasion Normandy Regular"
And i rename "Close Combat Invasion Normandy GJS " to " Close Combat Invasion Normandy".

And all work fine.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: