Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Look cool mod Dima.

sickf1

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

looking good, cant wait Dima

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Thanks for the Mod Dima.
Sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun to play.

I am however wondering how will we be able to install it?
Does GWTC have the same abilities as say tLD,WAR to install a Mod and still be able to easily go back to the stock game?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I am however wondering how will we be able to install it?
Does GWTC have the same abilities as say tLD,WAR to install a Mod and still be able to easily go back to the stock game?

Right now it's a manual install, we'll see how it goes.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Let's follow with PzPioBat.12

It's composition in GTC is the following with 85% manpower and all crewed weapon available:

1. Kompanie (gp)
2. Kompanie (mot)
3. Kompanie (mot)
Pz.Pio.Btl 12
Pak Zug

If we look at this unit on the eve of Epsom in reality, it had expanded to a 4 companies unit and had the following composition:

1. Kompanie (gp)
2. Kompanie (gp)
3. Kompanie (mot)
4. Kompanie (mot)
Pz.Pio.Btl 12

I don't know if SS-PzPio12 had a supporting Pak Zug - maybe Cathartes can help here if it wa attached for a balance or that was a division support unit.

SS-PzPio.12 was heavily engaged during June and was in pretty weak condition:

1. Kompanie (gp) - 50% manpower, no LMG, no mortars, 10 mSPW.
2. Kompanie (gp) - 50% manpower, no LMG, no mortars, 15 mSPW.
3. Kompanie (mot) - 60% manpower, 13 LMG, 1 mortar.
4. Kompanie (mot) - 60% manpower, 18 LMG, 1 mortar.
Pz.Pio.Btl 12 - 3 mSPW.

So for you who wanted 6-7men Pioniere teams with no leMG but alot of explosives, your dream came tru :P

Basically this BG needs to hold for 1 battle and then search for another to merge with Smile.

Last edited by Dima on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

RD_TG_Jager

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Looking forward to play your mod. Keep up the good work

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

This is what I like to see Dima! Keep up the good work!  Very Happy
Btw, where do you get the strenght numbers from? NARA, the archives in germany or from books?

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Btw, where do you get the strenght numbers from? NARA, the archives in germany or from books?

Polemarchos did some copies of the original 12.SS and 17.SS files for me when he was in the archive. But that was only for late May early June.
These numbers are from Dugdale book about 12.SS Smile.

Gunsche

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

You know I keep hearing that name Dugdale, but I have never seen his work. Could you provide me with a pointer?  Wink

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

You know I keep hearing that name Dugdale, but I have never seen his work. Could you provide me with a pointer?  Wink

that's a best source for the German units in the West, especially detailed since September 1944 Wink and onwards.
you would really like: Panzer Divisions/PzGrenadier Divisions Their Detailed and Precise strength and organizations Volume 1 (part 1) September 1944 Wink.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Next unit is HQ/ SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt.26/ 12.SS-Panzer
It really puzzles me.

Composition in GTC:

1. Kompanie (Ersatz)
2. Kompanie (Ersatz)
3. Kompanie (Ersatz)
SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt.26 Stab
Ersatz Flak Batterie (SS)

very strange one as there I don't undertand what Erzats Kompanie is.
If that means to represent a training unit of 26.SS-PzR that's wrong as 12.SS training units were in Belgium till August..
If that means ad-hock teams from non-combat personell there won't be so many of them...

guess the best way will be giving this unit all the Regiment suport units, like Flak Kp, IG Kp, PzAufkl Kp and Pi Kp? so it can merge with other units providing support?

Gunsche

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:44 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Quote:
guess the best way will be giving this unit all the Regiment suport units, like Flak Kp, IG Kp, PzAufkl Kp and Pi Kp? so it can merge with other units providing support?

Makes sense, they would be sitting on the support elements until they were needed somewhere, right?

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:52 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Quote:

Makes sense, they would be sitting on the support elements until they were needed somewhere, right?

yeah like a regiment reserve although could be destributed to companies and that was the initial plan Smile.
guess will have to change my mind Wink

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:32 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Any news on the progress of this mod? When will it be released? Sorry for the impatience but i always loved the community mods they made the CC series complete. Smile

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Alright Dima.
The world as we know it is now relying on you to hurry up and upload this Mod.

I have Tik's Small Map Mod and so far I like it.
But the 7-8 shots my Tanks are using to take out a Pak 40 is killing this game.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Haven't done anything new since my last post as was quite busy these days.
Will continue soon.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Got a Link so I can try what you do have?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

I sure hope you can do something with the Girly Soldiers.

The small maps mod by Tik helps,but the girls are killing this game.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:25 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I sure hope you can do something with the Girly Soldiers.
The small maps mod by Tik helps,but the girls are killing this game.

nothing Im aware of could be done to fix GS Sad

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Play with "always obey orders" on.  It doesn't correct the issue completely, but a movement order only gets canceled when the squad's leader is hit (instead of the current "a pistol shot was fired in our general direction, hit the deck, and cancel the order" bullshit that the "developers" REFUSE to fix).

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: