Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that Snipers seem to be a bit worthless in this game. Has anyone else observed their pathetic performance?

@Dima:  Perhaps according to feedback from other people, could you also adjust it?

GJS, or TRSM level of snipers were quite useful in certain situations, would be great if we could have snipers as in those mods.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
I forgot to mention that Snipers seem to be a bit worthless in this game. Has anyone else observed their pathetic performance?
@Dima:  Perhaps according to feedback from other people, could you also adjust it?
GJS, or TRSM level of snipers were quite useful in certain situations, would be great if we could have snipers as in those mods.

you could notice in the list that sniper rifles were upgraded Wink.
funny is that IIRC I borrowed sniper data for my mods from GJS, but for GTC Cathartes made it different (same as it was done in stock CCs - not effective) Smile.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

Gentlemen.......as Dima has requested, the only way were going to get the data fixed for guns being more accurate is to ask steve at matrix to do it. theres a couple of threads at matrix where you can do this.
so far i havent seen to many of us post..PLEASE post. if we dont, it WILL NOT get fixed. i know this from past experience with matrix....they will say that no one else asked for a fix so its not a problem.

try this link to post to steve please  Very Happy

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3651378

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

Quote:
already made for IGs, pak40 f.e. is immobile - i've not posted all the changes as it would take a couple of pages Smile.

Nice.  Why make the Pak40 immobile?  It was moveable, wasn't it?  

Also, can you add two mortars per mortar team?  This makes them more worth selecting, and offsets the changes you made to make them less powerful.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):

pak40 had such a strong recoil that after a couple of shots Pak40 it was virtually digged into the soft ground.  
kind of hard to move 1,4 tons with 5men crew :)

Quote:
Also, can you add two mortars per mortar team?  This makes them more worth selecting, and offsets the changes you made to make them less powerful.

alread done for the units that had enough mortars Wink.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Should I upload weapons vs armor rebalance while iam sruggling with new FPs? Smile

Troger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

pak40 had such a strong recoil that after a couple of shots Pak40 it was virtually digged into the soft ground.  
kind of hard to move 1,4 tons with 5men crew :)

Quote:

alread done for the units that had enough mortars Wink.

Great.  

Yes, I just saw this video of a PaK40 firing.  Who knows what type of ammo that is firing, but that is some blast.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

Great.  
Yes, I just saw this video of a PaK40 firing.  Who knows what type of ammo that is firing, but that is some blast.

but that's nothing in comparison to 17-pdr, neither gunner nor commander could see a tracer if it was shot at less than 1500 yards Wink.
btw, that's a good example why all the ATGs in the RA and USA had no muzzle break Smile.
the Brits and Germans were relying on one shot kill with a huge amount of powder for each shell and that's why needed a muzzle break to compensate recoil...

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Quote:
I can prove my points why I did that or that.

Not very often.  You never really provide evidence, and when you do, you don't consider the whole picture.

The Isigny tests you DID cite is a classic example. You look at the data and see that 1/2 the 17pdr APDS rounds didn't hit the target area so you make the blanket assumption that only 1/2 of all APDS ammo type/batches, when fired under any circumstances, could only hit a tank 1/2 the time at any range.  What you fail to see is that most of the APDS actually hit the tank in the tests, even if they did not hit the specific target area.  Furthermore, do you believe that British gunners were so stupid when their lives were on the line that they didn't account for the errant flight of sabot ammo?  

Do you read books or just look for tidbits of data on the internet that support your specific interpretation of history?  I would urge you to have a more open mind and take in a broader spectrum of sources. You do have accurate information at times, but your dogmatism prevents you from having good peripheral vision.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:13 am Post subject: Re: Let's make a mod :) Reply with quote

stiener wrote (View Post):

try this link to post to steve please  Very Happy

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3651378

No mater how hard i try, i cant log onto the matrix forums to post. I merged my account from Slitherine, i tried to register. Its seems no matter what i cant log in. I couldn't log on a year back either. Seems like it cant be done.
Another thing, is there a non GwTC forum area on Matrix?

Dimas post to Steve made me laugh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

stiener

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

lets not forget that the game has to be PLAYABLE too....we sometimes overlook that fact when we try to get too historical in our data.
some allowances have to be made to make the game balanced, per say, and playable.
some of the histroical data just doesnt work and make the game playable and needs to be tweaked.

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

By the way, Steve says that we should ask Cathartes for gun inaccuracy, since it is a data related thing. (Check the thread at the Matrix forums.)

But according to Cathartes it is a hard-coded issue... So what happens now? Very Happy

stiener

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Dima....why are you dumbing down the bren and the sten? we have been complaining about the poor performance of the bren since cc5.
remember ...playability  Smile

Troger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

lets not forget that the game has to be PLAYABLE too....

Couldn't agree with this more.  

Cathartes, you call out Dima for following a rigid interpretation of the "facts" (and I agree, it is rigid), but do you don't think you are the same way? You seem to be just as unmovable (albeit less confrontational) in your point of views.  I appreciate that both of you want to recreate reality, but come on. It's Close Combat. Your editing Excel cells. This game comes no where close to being a hardcore simulator.  

I think at the very least Dima's mod might be a starting ground for other mods given that it will have some changes that most us want.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:34 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

[quote="Troger";p="76282"]
lThis game comes no where close to being a hardcore simulator.  

Awww i dont no.. You can probably make allot of points to back up that claim.. And granted i don't even bother too try and find other realistic war games.. Its pretty good. And it should only try to be better.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:29 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Quote:
I can prove my points why I did that or that.

Not very often.  You never really provide evidence, and when you do, you don't consider the whole picture.

maybe that's because most of my opponents doesn't site their sources to disprove my statements?
I normally reply with sources against sourced critics Wink.

Quote:
The Isigny tests you DID cite is a classic example. You look at the data and see that 1/2 the 17pdr APDS rounds didn't hit the target area so you make the blanket assumption that only 1/2 of all APDS ammo type/batches, when fired under any circumstances, could only hit a tank 1/2 the time at any range.  What you fail to see is that most of the APDS actually hit the tank in the tests, even if they did not hit the specific target area.

WOW!
That really suprised me as I thought that link I sent to you would force you start thinking and you will make some efforts finding other reports from Normandy shootins....guess I was wrong...so here you are:
at 400 yds - APC hit 90.5%, APDS hit 56.6%
at 600 yds - APC hit 73.0%, APDS hit 34.2%

6-pdr APDS failed to penetrate Panther glacis even at 200 yds Wink.
and yes, they couldn't hit Panther side with APDS to find out the penetration range Smile.

Quote:
Furthermore, do you believe that British gunners were so stupid when their lives were on the line that they didn't account for the errant flight of sabot ammo?  

funny logic, well I don't know if it was a stupidness to have gunners have a chance to hit and penetrate a heavy tank at 400 yds. Prolly better chance to hit (with high chance) and not penetrate at 400 yds? Wink
following your logic the US and RA tankers were so stupid having no 76mm ammo reliably penetrating Panther front at 400 yds.

Quote:
Do you read books or just look for tidbits of data on the internet that support your specific interpretation of history?

nice one Wink

Quote:
I would urge you to have a more open mind and take in a broader spectrum of sources. You do have accurate information at times, but your dogmatism prevents you from having good peripheral vision.

another good one, guess that's why GtC is more similar to TRSM/BfC than GJS in terms of data Wink.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:30 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
By the way, Steve says that we should ask Cathartes for gun inaccuracy, since it is a data related thing. (Check the thread at the Matrix forums.)
But according to Cathartes it is a hard-coded issue... So what happens now? Very Happy

that's wrong they can't hit at 100m with 100% accuracy Smile

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:31 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Dima....why are you dumbing down the bren and the sten? we have been complaining about the poor performance of the bren since cc5.
remember ...playability  Smile

mate, they were just made wrong, in TRSM/BFC BRENs are good killers Wink.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Quote:
Cathartes, you call out Dima for following a rigid interpretation of the "facts" (and I agree, it is rigid), but do you don't think you are the same way? You seem to be just as unmovable (albeit less confrontational) in your point of views.  I appreciate that both of you want to recreate reality, but come on. It's Close Combat. Your editing Excel cells. This game comes no where close to being a hardcore simulator.

ever tried TRSM or BFC? was it unplayable? Smile

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:26 am Post subject: Re: Historical realism mod :) Reply with quote

Hi Dima,

Another suggestion I would make here is:

-Remove the zeroing time (20 seconds iirc) for mortar smoke rounds and increase the number of smoke rounds mortar teams carry.

I don't know if it would be historical or not. However, currently using smoke while attacking and retreating is a pain in the ass and can not be pulled off reliably as it was done in CC5. This is somewhat detrimental to the tactical gameplay so it would be great if we could bring back the mortar smoke to its former glory!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: