Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:32 pm Post subject: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Patch v1.01 from July 24th is now the latest patch.

No requirement to restart any saved games.

Post bug reports to this thread or at the Gateway to Caen forum from Matrix Games.

Download the v1.01 Patch.

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed ‘Invalid Call’ error when using multi-player chat with minimum screen resolution window and Windows task bar present.
- Fixed an end of battle crash bug.
- User names are now removed from the lobby list as soon as a user connects to an opponent.
- Direct connect mechanism has been updated and enabled.
- Multi-player ‘help’ dialog now shows 1 of 3 tips, rotating each time you come into the screen.
- Failed connection attempts time out after 30-40 seconds in all cases.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:56 am; edited 3 times in total

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Great to see this patch, happy that I won't get angry after crashes.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Over at Matrix forums Steve McClaire started a thread on multiplayer issues 2 weeks ago. Link . Only a couple of people have replied so far, me included. I suggest to report all your multiplayer crashes there. If we don't Matrix will have all the more excuses to not fix those bugs.
I made 5 attempts at playing multiplayer battles tonight and was only able to finish one. Never experienced that before with any version.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

@Pete:  Well, I had pointed out the issues 100 times. Apart from the inherent game-breaking bugs, the recent problems were due to server issues (I am assuming they should have been fixed by now.)

Even then, I don't have the motivation to test their game for them anymore. They should have hired a proper QA team for the multiplayer, back when they were developing the damn thing. This game deserves better than this.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:26 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
Even then, I don't have the motivation to test their game for them anymore. They should have hired a proper QA team for the multiplayer, back when they were developing the damn thing. This game deserves better than this.

For the what it seems uninformed... Matrix approached the beta to GTC just like they did PiTF, WAR and TLD.. Open applications and was asking each one if the played H2H, how they played, etc..

Some are still here after all these months throwing fire for no apparent reason and some even know better.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:35 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
Some are still here after all these months throwing fire for no apparent reason and some even know better.

and most just got disenchanted and droped it.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:37 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:

Hi Dima,

I understand that and remember you reporting all of that way back in another thread, as well as others.

My point was WAAAAYYY back when Mooxe believe it was did EVERYONE here a public service announcement that he didn't have to and linked the beta sign up at Matrix for GTC...  They generally look for vets, only this time took in a handful of greenhorns also. Some of you guys were in on the beta also. Some play H2H, some reported issues at H2H.

That link was where you went to apply for the beta is my point.. MEMBERS who play the game here are the ones who should have been answering that call and I know not a whole hell of a lot of you guys did. Not intending to pick on you here Dima, but you don't think Cathartes got tired of answering the same questions from people complain about something that were to lazy to do a proper beta, even fill out a form for a Beta?

Some did, not going to say none, some were EXTREMELY critical during the trial, same here and not going to name them. They were critical about some H2H areas, as well as some campaign areas and issues. Maybe if a few more people who are more critical of certain aspects of a game, or are designers, things could have been picked up and fixed earlier? Dunno there. Too late for that part now. The H2H testers were not that numerous.

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:19 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I get what you guys are saying about having already reported all these issues and not getting a suitable response but my point was that now that Matrix finally appears to be [pretending to] taking a bit of an interest nobody actually reports anything. In my opinion we should grab the opportunity and dump all multiplayer bugs being encountered in that forum thread. The more the better. With many companies this is just how things work. So I am going to list every single crash that I experience until I get fed up. I just hope that my newfound h2h mate has the patience to be playing battles and end the battle by game freeze.
I used to play CC4 h2h to death. I don't recall to have ever experienced a crash at airstrike. Game freezes and ctd yes, but rarely and nothing like I experienced yesterday in 5 battles.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
I get what you guys are saying about having already reported all these issues and not getting a suitable response but my point was that now that Matrix finally appears to be [pretending to] taking a bit of an interest nobody actually reports anything. In my opinion we should grab the opportunity and dump all multiplayer bugs being encountered in that forum thread. The more the better. With many companies this is just how things work. So I am going to list every single crash that I experience until I get fed up. I just hope that my newfound h2h mate has the patience to be playing battles and end the battle by game freeze.
I used to play CC4 h2h to death. I don't recall to have ever experienced a crash at airstrike. Game freezes and ctd yes, but rarely and nothing like I experienced yesterday in 5 battles.

So the airstrike crash bug has not been resolved by the 1.01 patch? That's pretty bad. Okay Pete, I agree that it would be nice if we started playing more and reported crashes/bugs etc. Just when I was again motivated and started OPs with several people, the stupid server issues started happening and people could not connect to each other. Both me and my opponents lost motivation again. It is these kind of idiotic stuff which kills my apetite. Awful design decisions taken by Matrix games just fuck up a potentially great series.

Anyway, still if you or anyone else wants to play H2H, add me on Steam with the name crackwise. My time zone is GMT+2.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Have to agree with you Pete, we can either give up or keep posting in their forum to hopefully get some attention....

Hopefully it works as I would think most people look at game's forum before buying so the game looking buggy you would think Matrix would care about???

Here is a thread of LSA outstanding bugs; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

Here is a thread of TLD/WAR outstanding bugs; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394

Posts added to the above threads can only help the chances of actually get something fixed.

I have also posted in the Close Combat – The Bloody First forum saying they should fix the current games before moving to the next new game. Wouldn't hurt for people to post there saying that they will wait based on the support record for the current games; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3501807&mpage=2&key=&#3719164

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I am already getting frustrated... So far tried to play 8 games h2h. Was able to properly finish just 1. Found more buggy things in the process.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:00 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
So the airstrike crash bug has not been resolved by the 1.01 patch? That's pretty bad.

neither 00:00 crash and other old good CC5 bugs Sad

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:14 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Hi Dima,

I understand that and remember you reporting all of that way back in another thread, as well as others.

My point was WAAAAYYY back when Mooxe believe it was did EVERYONE here a public service announcement that he didn't have to and linked the beta sign up at Matrix for GTC...  They generally look for vets, only this time took in a handful of greenhorns also. Some of you guys were in on the beta also. Some play H2H, some reported issues at H2H.

That link was where you went to apply for the beta is my point.. MEMBERS who play the game here are the ones who should have been answering that call and I know not a whole hell of a lot of you guys did. Not intending to pick on you here Dima, but you don't think Cathartes got tired of answering the same questions from people complain about something that were to lazy to do a proper beta, even fill out a form for a Beta?

Some did, not going to say none, some were EXTREMELY critical during the trial, same here and not going to name them. They were critical about some H2H areas, as well as some campaign areas and issues. Maybe if a few more people who are more critical of certain aspects of a game, or are designers, things could have been picked up and fixed earlier? Dunno there. Too late for that part now. The H2H testers were not that numerous.

ok, same excuses time and again.
I've been playing this game for so many years that I don't really care for such excuses as I know how it should work and I know it doesn't work how it should.
I can fix all the data flaws but there some hard-coded issues I can't comply with.
so you can keep on excusing but I've already removed this game from Steam library although was very enchanted in the beginning.

PS I've been in beta team for PITF but quited when it was announced it would be released in 3 months as it was so "early-access" that I didn't want to be a part of that release. Stalk can confirm.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:51 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Hi Dima,

ok, same excuses time and again.
I've been playing this game for so many years that I don't really care for such excuses as I know how it should work and I know it doesn't work how it should.
I can fix all the data flaws but there some hard-coded issues I can't comply with.
so you can keep on excusing but I've already removed this game from Steam library although was very enchanted in the beginning.

PS I've been in beta team for PITF but quited when it was announced it would be released in 3 months as it was so "early-access" that I didn't want to be a part of that release. Stalk can confirm.

Dima,

Of course you could pretty much tell it was being pushed to get released soon when we (2nd beta team) were picked for GTC. If what you say is true (regarding PiTF beta and i am not doubting you of course) you would understand that we didn't get as much time with GTC to go over releases as did PiTF, there were not as many beta copies, or test versions. 2 if memory serves me correct and *time* was VERY short allotted for GTC releases.

Of course there was already a working "engine" to work with, though several of us were presenting issues throughout the beta period that we would have liked to seen fixed. Some were, some were not and some were half way and given reasons that they could not it was said. We cannot link those reasons and probably shouldn't quote the posts from the beta forums either that are still up btw, or still were as of yesterday.

When the beta was going out this time? Several of us had an agenda it seemed and targeted it that they wanted fixed 1st of all from PiTF issue wise, or what they thought was the worst problems. I'd like to hear from some of the other beta testers from CCS that took part, several of you guys are very frequent posters and some great modders. A couple of you had an "agenda" also on something that was either wrong with the GTC beta and focused on it for the short time GTC was in beta, or something that was wrong with PiTF and didn't get fixed very well when it went gold.

I'll admit i focused to much on an agenda also rather than looking over graphical issues, other things.. My "agenda" was the powerful mortars, though as anyone who looked over the bugtracker knows I had as many (or more) bug reports as anyone involved. Technical and focusing I spent too much time fooling around with damage by various calibers on footed and tracked/calibers of mortars in this version of CC. Others (no names) focused on what it seemed like **1** agenda from PiTF that they didn't like that had carried over to GTC, of course it wasn't fixed in the Gold version, but it seemed as if this really good modder might have been possibly over looking other aspects of the game by focusing on nothing but that for most of the beta period, or awhile.

Not hammering on those people, the issue SHOULD(s) have been fixed of course, just maybe several of us should have paid more attention to more areas than we did during the MUCH less time that we were allowed to test this version before it seemed was rushed.

There is more, but enough typing for now on this subject.

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Johnsilver, you yourself confirmed that H2H was not tested properly by the beta testers, and not many testers were around. But this is not the problem or fault of the testers. A decent game company has its own internal testing and Quality Assurance (QA) team, and it is first and foremost their responsibility to fix the bugs and release a relatively bug-free game. The community can only contribute to it to some extent, but cannot be held responsible by any degree.

One thing is certain: Matrix has not allocated enough resources to develop multiplayer, let alone test it properly. It seems their 1.01 patch has still not fixed the game-crashing bugs (e.g. truce and airstrike bugs), which makes me even more disheartened.

Last edited by Pzt_Crackwise on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
Johnsilver, you yourself confirmed that H2H was not tested properly by the beta testers, and not many testers were around. But this is not the problem or fault of the testers. A decent game company has its own internal testing and Quality Assurance (QA) team, and it is first and foremost their responsibility to fix the bugs and release a relatively bug-free game. The community can only contribute to it to some extent, but cannot be held responsible by any degree.

I think this would be the testers Crackwise. 1st team had the developers and coders, 2nd team was us.

More time allotted (if they had intentions of fixing the H2H issue) could have addressed that and several other.. Tracking that continually came up in multiple posts, mortars, Camo not working in some cases. Issues some were having with some tanks (super 75mm Shermans). On the other hand? It would be very wrong to throw any/all the blame at Cathartes as well.

This beta period was way different than was the PiTF by far besides being shorter.

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I think this would be the testers Crackwise. 1st team had the developers and coders, 2nd team was us.

More time allotted (if they had intentions of fixing the H2H issue) could have addressed that and several other.. Tracking that continually came up in multiple posts, mortars, Camo not working in some cases. Issues some were having with some tanks (super 75mm Shermans). On the other hand? It would be very wrong to throw any/all the blame at Cathartes as well.

This beta period was way different than was the PiTF by far besides being shorter.

Again, as always it is due to the wrong order of things getting prioritized. @Developers: For example, you add a new feature "camouflage". It is of course being new, is likely to have bugs at first. Then time is spent on fixing this unnecessary new feature. But wait, who asked you to put such a feature in the first place? Shouldn't you first fix the more fundamental aspects of the game before adding new no-one-cares features? Fix the f*cking stability issues first, then do whatever the f*ck you want to do, right?

But I think Matrix folks really have no clue about what they broke in the code while moving from CC5 to GtC, hence they don't have any idea to fix the multiplayer issues.

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Putting any blame on the testers is quite unnecessary in my opinion. I completely agree with what Crackwise said about the responsibility being Matrix' . The purpose of beta testing is basically looking for confirmation that the game can be commercially published. The developers bear responsibilty. The Project Leader bears responsibility. Matrix does, more than anyone else. Anyone not being paid by Matrix does not bear responsibility for the released product.
Furthermore, I recall that the testing period was extemely short and that some reported bugs were not resolved before the deadline. One bug that I reported was simply dealt with by saying that they could not repeat the bug.
So it was hurriedly put on the shelves but they spent more time on the packaging than on the contents. I don't even want to speculate about their motives.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
I recall that the testing period was extemely short and that some reported bugs were not resolved before the deadline.

Very correct Pete. Some of the reported bugs have been around since PiTF and were/are quite annoying.. The green targeting line for example that passes through a target for example? It was and has been around since early days of PiTF and never been fixed. Pathing.. Somewhat fixed since earliest days of CC. Cathartes made the Shermans aggressive (75mm) in GTC, but here they will attack Panthers. Mark3's seem to have nothing but an endless supply of Sabot rounds to go after Tigers with.

Camo works on some maps, not on others. When it does work? Guns hidden in open areas can't be spotted even in open country at close range. Agree with above, this isn't something brought up as a "bug" from PiTF. probably something developers thought would be a huge improvement and is nice if it had would smoothly.

Patching still needs to be done, not saying it doesn't need to be. Have doubts it will be before TBF, though with GTC still new it would seem as newest for modders and keeping series active it would seem Matrix would seem to put more effort into patching the H2H aspect if they think that is the most troubling part right now.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen v1.01 Patch + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Found out tonight that ending a game by Truce is possible, however, truce must be accepted immediately after it is offered. We agreed by chat on a truce and once the other player hit the truce button I immediately accepted. Worked all 4 times. Other people may have found out already.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: