Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:50 pm Post subject: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

My Small Map Mod for Close Combat Gateway to Caen is up and ready for you to download from HERE

ABOUT:

I've taken original Gateway to Caen maps and made Smaller Maps. This Mod doesn't change the original campaign at all. It is purely a "map mod". However, because we're using smaller maps, the gameplay is more intense and the battles are quicker.

I haven't played through the entire campaign using the mod, so no idea if the campaign is unbalanced now. Let me know if you think it is!  

Also, I don't recommend continuing a campaign you've started without the mod. Please begin a new one or at least duplicate the save of your ongoing campaign, just in case something messes up or you don't like the mod.

VIDEO

For those looking for video of the mod AND a quick video install guide, see my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOUastcNzZ4

INSTALL:

Please read the "Read Me First" for instructions.

But just so everyone knows -

1. Unzip everything into the main directory of Close Combat Gateway to Caen.
(In my case, E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Close Combat - Gateway to Caen)

2. Run the Application file called "JSGME" that's now located in the main directory.

3. Inside JSGME, select "Small Map Mod v1.00" in the left hand box

4. Click the arrow in the center to install.

5. Run GWTC and the in-game maps should have been replaced with the smaller maps

KNOWN BUGS:

1. There's two maps that mess the resolution at 1080p. Not sure why, but I guess it's the size of them that does it.
2. I've noticed a black graphics glitch with a couple maps. Escaping out of the battle and restarting it fixes that issue.
3. The red mini-map indicator for rolling barrages is messed up. Although barrages still work.
4. Some mini-maps turn pink (not seen this myself)
5. Tourville map there is an unclaimed VL in the bottom right corner
6. Cheux map, not enough tank access and one side is trapped behind a wall of buildings

EVERYTHING ELSE

A big thanks to Mooxe for hosting the mod here Cool

Any questions let me know. Feedback appreciated!

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion

Last edited by TheImperatorKnight on Wed May 04, 2016 4:58 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:41 am Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Thank-you very much tik.

The only issue I've seen is far is the game doesn't like the small maps when tying to use the Rolling Barrage.
The red area is all skewed depicting where the barrage is to go.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Very good point, Michael. I've added that to the list of bugs, although I doubt there's anything I can do with that sadly. The barrage still works though!

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Plus, when I make a custom scenario the mini map can go pink, I don't know why, but just happens sometimes.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Rodmorg wrote (View Post):
Plus, when I make a custom scenario the mini map can go pink, I don't know why, but just happens sometimes.

Not seen that myself, but will add it too the bugs list.

Has anyone else seen this??

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Me and Morgan had a multiplayer battle using my Small Map mod, and I've uploaded the video HERE (8:02)

It was an infantry-only match and the Action started and ended quickly. Casualties were high  Laughing

Personally, I'm really enjoying my mod in single player atm and I hope others are too.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:27 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

I'm sorry I haven't been able to play this as much as I'd like lately.
But I'm just wondering what size did you go with for the Maps?

Are they all around a certain size you picked or did you crunch them by a % you picked out?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Thanks for the mod TIK!!!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:22 am Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Thx Tik,

These are really small. Most all of the maps came  less that 12x12 deployment tiles which is less than the minimum size allowed by CCMT. So, I took one of the 12x10 maps, and scaled it back to 5 pixels per meter, and added some grey borders to square it out.

So maybe you wouldn't mind making a map mod with the full size maps too.  Question

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:42 am Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I'm sorry I haven't been able to play this as much as I'd like lately.
But I'm just wondering what size did you go with for the Maps?

Are they all around a certain size you picked or did you crunch them by a % you picked out?

The maps are around 12 (width) x 9 (height), or slightly bigger. Two things influenced my decision on each map. My monitor is full HD so the width of the map AFTER the game loaded it had to be at least 1080p (I'm pretty sure the maps are bigger outside the game than in it, but I could be wrong), but I would factor in the terrain too. So if say there was a house I definitely wanted to include, I'd stretch the map to include it. Otherwise I wanted to go as small as possible. A couple of the maps alter the resolution as a result because I went too small with them, so I'll have to update my mod at some point to fix.

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Thanks for the mod TIK!!!

No problem! I hope you enjoy it!

Stwa wrote (View Post):

Thx Tik,

These are really small. Most all of the maps came  less that 12x12 deployment tiles which is less than the minimum size allowed by CCMT. So, I took one of the 12x10 maps, and scaled it back to 5 pixels per meter, and added some grey borders to square it out.

So maybe you wouldn't mind making a map mod with the full size maps too.  Question

A "medium map mod"? :P

I'm surprised to hear CCMT's minimum is 12x12!? How come CCMT has that limit but GWTC doesn't, even though that came out after CCMT??

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Hi again,

No, I am just kidding about the medium map set. For over a year or so, I have been wanting someone to post up a single map (or cutdown) from the newer games that use the 8 pixel per meter scale.

I wanted to see if Mafi's 5CC's SCALE function would scale them all back to 5 pixels per meter, so I could use the maps with CCMT. And now thanks to you, I was able to confirm that 5CC scales these maps correctly with just a few mouse clicks. Thanks Mafi! 5CC is awesome. And I mean the bgm and rfm graphics are scaled, and the elements don't need to be modified either, and the final map uses the same number of deployment tiles that the original 8 pixel per meter map.

Now, I am even using the terrain file for CCMT, so I get different trees that you probably get with GTC. So, the shadows are larger in relation to the trees. But, I might be able to substitute a larger tree as well.

The minimum map size for CCMT was a surprise to me as well. It was discovered years ago, but since I am the only one on the planet that uses CCMT, it was hardly an issue. You can overcome this issue sometimes by just adding black (dark grey) areas around any map to bring the size up to 12 x 12 deployment tiles.

Going forward, if I want to use these maps, I will just purchase GTC so I have a license to use the maps. And then convert a copy of them to 5 pixels per meter scale.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
For over a year or so, I have been wanting someone to post up a single map (or cutdown) from the newer games that use the 8 pixel per meter scale.

I wanted to see if Mafi's 5CC's SCALE function would scale them all back to 5 pixels per meter, so I could use the maps with CCMT. And now thanks to you, I was able to confirm that 5CC scales these maps correctly with just a few mouse clicks. Thanks Mafi! 5CC is awesome. And I mean the bgm and rfm graphics are scaled, and the elements don't need to be modified either, and the final map uses the same number of deployment tiles that the original 8 pixel per meter map.

Ah I see. That's good to know that 5CC works like that. Does it do it the other way round too? So from 5 pixels to 8 pixels?

Stwa wrote (View Post):
The minimum map size for CCMT was a surprise to me as well. It was discovered years ago, but since I am the only one on the planet that uses CCMT, it was hardly an issue. You can overcome this issue sometimes by just adding black (dark grey) areas around any map to bring the size up to 12 x 12 deployment tiles.

Lol, I like that you are literally the only person in the world using CCMT. You must be quite lonely Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:31 am Post subject: Re: Small Map Mod - Gateway to Caen Reply with quote

5CC probably does convert from 5 pixel to 8 pixel per meter. For a while I kept suggesting that someone convert Bloody Omaha over to PitF, but now I suppose one could use GTC.

I wouldn't use all the maps, just the main beach maps.

There probably aren't any trees on the beach maps either. So it seems like a great mod to do.

Omaha might look really good in the larger visual scale. If the maps pixelate or blur because they have been expanded in pixels, just sharpen them 10% or so. Do the same with RFM graphics if necessary. It's easy!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: