Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:43 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

I still fire it up once in a while, but it's an older version from about a year ago I think. I understand the "modders block" you get sometimes, hopefully you'll get the bug back again.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

I'll get it back.

Just a bummer I have to relearn everything every time I put it off like this. Smile

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 am Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
The version of VETBoB I have installed on my PC already has the setting johnsilver mentioning set to (1) BG's return the next day.
(forgive me I did have the PC crash)

Hopefully I can get Salhexe to chime in here and help you with the different settings.
I think CCS may have had some issues awhile back and I don't have all my private messages anymore.
I unfortunately see with the current download his readme for settings for playing the AI are NOT included in the download.
I sent him a PM so I hope their not lost.

With Salhexe's settings and a few guideline for playing the AI you could indeed have a little bit more difficulty.

I'm hoping Real Life will someday settle down and the desire to edit the game will come back.
If you ever compared this Data to another game you can almost understand why I havent touched it.

Hey Michael,

Drove you wild when you were building this thing with questions and not going to do it again..

Quick one here tho...

Here is my current setting:

# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)

Now.. I forgot to change it.. Reason thought to mention it to the other member here was you told me about it years back, it's how started tinkering with data to begin with (thanks).

Now.. Think have installed an older version.. my installed folder says 1.1b of AOVeteran. I have 2 files of yours, 71712 and 71912. Take it I have your older version installed and must have set the campaign.txt back and forgot?

Werf

Edit:

Scratch that above.. Would have been easy to check and was.. 71912 was installed. 0 is setting.

Ramcke

Rep: 10.4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

TT was the original creator to this Mod when CCIV came out.

He has since not done any editing CC.

I like this Theater and his Mod so much I imported it to WAR.

The original thanks goes to him.
All I did was a lot of copy/cut/paste and some personal tweaks to get it into WAR.

I do however appreciate that you've enjoyed the Mod.
Made me feel really good to heat that.

Thank-You
thanks for all the hard work,WaR is still my fav CC so any improvements are welcome

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

I should have added that if it was the above posted Mod he's playing salhexe deserves a LOT of credit for doing the actual AI settings.

You speak about this in image?

here the readme

CLOSE COMBAT WAR TT'S VETBOB GERMAN VETMOD 1.0

GC RULES: Do not use the reinforce for Ai before Bastogne is dropped or surpassed by German forces, when available and in his favor (when it needs reinforcement) without peeking Wink his forces.

Settings: use image in file folder

CHANGES

Alsteams changed several team type, better experience and morale, reworked sai, increase team infantry and mortars

Axteams worse morale and experience especially tanks, gun crew can move, reduct infantry teams

gc vet added UK batlegroup and 130°pzb, low supply and no air support for german. Added depot in Bastogne (This is not historical but I think recreate the best conditions of the real campaign, as the Germans never conquered Bastogne,
          while in the game Ai not ever defend the city in one turn. So, if the Germans conquest Bastogne  will have another unit to fight the next turn. It hard to make connections for supplies as happened in reality).

Bgroups   changed several team type for allied, rivisited valours for aggression, caution, charisma and tactics, reduct number of team for german

Campaign Recycle Disbanded BGs Return next day, Number of days from start of op/camp Axis AB BGs are automatically in supply reduct to 1, more recon/air chance for allied, rivisited allied Battle group 'base' battle plans, maximum distance from starting map reduct to 1

Soldiers rivisited weight

Weapons rifle's snipers,garand, carbine, gewehr and shotgun now using one round in one burst, nebelwerfer have indirect fire

btd more vl for Bastogne

fpools try to have more historical units

setting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.92 KB
 Viewed:  652 Time(s)

setting.jpg

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

Hi Salhexe,

Thanks for your input (as always) remember your help from way back with Michael on this, as well as you mentioning to use this setting. Am doing this now (above settings). That just adds additional AI troops to the forcepool does it not and not allow crushed/destroyed units to return.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:22 am Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

TT Art

TT.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.42 KB
 Viewed:  589 Time(s)

TT.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

slipper

Rep: 44.3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 am Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

Would it be possible to post some links to the mods mentioned here please? or to clarify things a bit, I think i am getting a bit confused as to what mods are available and how to play them.

I have AOVetBoBv1.03 and AOVetBoB1.04B but both these refer to playing as vetran v vetran only so are these the options that are recommended and/or optimized for single player as well? or only Head to Head?

I also have AOVeteran 1.0 and  AOVeteran 1.1B despite the different naming conventions are these the same series of mods? just earlier versions?

i also have a mod called VETBoBv1 is this different to AOVeteran 1.0 ? it has a different launch icon.

also do i have to add any other sub mods to alter the difficulty playing in single player mode? if so what.

below is an extract from Vetbob readme original (actual name used)

Quote:
MAIN CHANGES FROM ORIGINAL GAME

* new in VetMods version 4.1   ** new in VetMods version 5 ***New in VeteranBoB

Basically these mods gives the AI more infantry soldiers, while the human player has to stick with more or less the original team sizes (the H2H mod has more or less the same team sizes of the original game, the same with the RookieMods.

AI much more aggressive! Introduced in 1.03, refined in the following versions (The H2H mod has not the SAI changes). The US AI will generally stay put on the first week of a campaign (new SAI settings from version 3.1). Thanks to 6th-Army who found this extremely valuable solution. Without this I would probably have given up on CC4 after the first few weeks.

The readme would seem to suggest there are different files to add for player v's the, AI GermVeteran and USVeteran ,and also an H2H Veteran for multiplayer. I cannot seem to find any such files though in any of the downloads? The only reference i can see is to play veteran v veteran but it doesn't make it clear wether that is versus AI or H2H.

In US_Brake's post above where does that screenshot come from? i can't find anything that refers to TT's Veteran Mods, are these for WaR or CC4?

Any help appreciated a very confused  Confused  slipper

cheers

p.s basically i am looking for the best mod and submods to add to play single player for Germans v AI and US v AI, any help please?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:01 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

It's 1.1b Slipper and I owe Michael an apology on the campaign.txt discussion on the page earlier also..

After all the discussion we had when he was developing this mod (and Salhexe) earlier.. I must have not ever played the 1.1b, or forgotten about that version.. Didn't even HAVE it and am one who tries to back up all mods available for CC.

Was playing his 1.03 and 1.1b is the version Michael has on Mooxe's FTP, so it must be the latest version, plus it has Axis units with slots missing, making it harder which would be a good thing. Better than them starting off out of fuel which 1.03b did in his attempt, tho that did slow them down a little bit initially.

This has been like playing an almost new campaign after the 1st couple of battles.

slipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

johnsilver

So AOVeteran 1.1B  is the one i should be playing as the most up to date version, and they are all basically from the same series of mod, yes?

Could you provide a link please mate so i can check i am using the correct one please?

many thanks

slipper

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

slipper wrote (View Post):
johnsilver

So AOVeteran 1.1B  is the one i should be playing as the most up to date version, and they are all basically from the same series of mod, yes?

Could you provide a link please mate so i can check i am using the correct one please?

many thanks

slipper

Correct. 1.1b is the latest. I really apologize for misleading everyone on earlier post. Was going from the 2 earlier mods i had in my vetbob folder, 71912 and 71712 and figured the 71912 was the most up to date.. Totally on me guys...

Latest 1.1b is an installer also, NOT a plugin.

Here is Michael's section for DL's at Mooxe's FTP site:

Michael's Vetbob

slipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:28 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

Thanks johnsilver

sorry to be a pain in the arse though mate, i followed the link you gave, and among the list of mods is a folder titled "VETBoB" on looking in thier all i can see is an installer for   CCWaRModInstallVETBoBv1.exe for the 17 june 2013 i can't see any file refering to a 1.1b in this folder or anywhere.

Could you be more precise please mate?

regards

slipper

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

slipper wrote (View Post):
Thanks johnsilver

sorry to be a pain in the arse though mate, i followed the link you gave, and among the list of mods is a folder titled "VETBoB" on looking in thier all i can see is an installer for   CCWaRModInstallVETBoBv1.exe for the 17 june 2013 i can't see any file refering to a 1.1b in this folder or anywhere.

Could you be more precise please mate?

regards

slipper

NP SLipper,

Here is the direct link to it, rather than his entire folder:

vetbob 1.1

slipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

johnsilver

Thanks again mate, but that is the file i mentioned above it is CCWaRModInstallVETBoBv1.exe, there is no mention of a vetbob 1.1 at all mate, i tried installing it to see if just the title was wrong but even the readme refers to vetbob1 ?

Here is the readme posted from the mod i have installed in the link you gave.

Quote:
VETBoB Mod originally by TT for CCIV and imported to the re-released version now called
Close Combat Wacht Am Rhein.

#####################################

Close Combat Wacht Am Rhein, Battle of the Bulge
VETBoB 1.0

Using the excellent editing tools from Mafi,Sgt_Wilson, Cpl_Filth, Konrad and The Blood!, I have made three mods for Close Combat 4. Two of these, GermVeteran and USVeteran are especially for Human player against the AI. The third, H2Hveteran, is intended for Multiplayer.

The purpose of the AI mods is to make the AI a tougher opponent, without "cheating" with historical facts. Historical accuracy/realism has been the main target for his mod.

SETTINGS:

Veteran vs Veteran

Timer: Only tested on 15 minutes, but should be no problem to use other settings.

MAIN CHANGES FROM ORIGINAL GAME

* new in VetMods version 4.1   ** new in VetMods version 5 ***New in VeteranBoB

Basically these mods gives the AI more infantry soldiers, while the human player has to stick with more or less the original team sizes (the H2H mod has more or less the same team sizes of the original game, the same with the RookieMods.

AI much more aggressive! Introduced in 1.03, refined in the following versions (The H2H mod has not the SAI changes). The US AI will generally stay put on the first week of a campaign (new SAI settings from version 3.1). Thanks to 6th-Army who found this extremely valuable solution. Without this I would probably have given up on CC4 after the first few weeks.

Vehicle pathing fixed! Thanks to Gr. Rommel

Battlegroups reorganised according to Scorzenys Histmod and Loz's German OB table. Further improved in 5.0 and VetBoB. Battlegroups much more varied than in the original game. Several new BGs. Thanks to final_drive and Loz for getting the German BGs right and Bob Parkin, FFJean and Ernie Mariani for the US BGs.

Many new teams and weapons introduced.

More AI AT guns around.

AI Armor groups now more powerful. Reduced a bit again in version 5.

These mods also increases infantry survival back to (at least) CC2 level. Expect a few casulties, though...

Much more difficult for vehicles to move off-road (to avoid this use the Elements file in the Rookie folders).

Limited intel: You will not be able to read the name of the AI's teams on the screen, you have to see for yourself (remember, these mods are for veterans...).

In version 3.0, about 55 new vehicles introduced. All vehicle graphics have been repainted. Further repainted in 3.1, 4.11 and VetBoB. Vehicles much larger than the originals.

Plenty of other changes to graphics, including new unit icons, repainted stratmap, new buttons, new mainscreen etc.

One new map and 28 repainted (less snow).

New, more historically "correct" Grand campaign, Battles and Operations. Now the German infantry will lead the way, just as they did in reality. Several changes to map names and map placements. Thanks to final_drive and Bob Parkin for getting this one right.

ARTILLERY (for AI mods only):

The AI has much more artillery. In the original game the AI hardly ever used arty (let alone airstrikes).

Now the German AI has plenty of arty the first day, less the next and only occasionally rest of the Campaign.

The US AI has no arty the first two days, but more or less the rest of the campaign.

In the German Veteran mod, the US AI will throw in a second barrage about 10 minutes after the first one is finished, so as the Germans you will have to hurry to finish off the US AI.

The US AI now also has much more Air support.

The AI arty and Air support has a "killing zone" which is min. 120m and max. 200 m (air support 250m) away from the observers. This to reflect preadjusted arty barrage, and at least have some "arty-free" zones on the maps.

The human player has to stick with the ingame arty (and airpower, of course). The US player, however, has access to both air support and artillery.

IMPORTANT: If you want to stop the AI from using artillery, you have to seek out the Forward Observers and take them out.

Both ingame artillery and AI artillery much more powerfull than in the original game.

To remove most of the AI arty, use the RookieMods.

FULL LIST (I hope) OF OTHER CHANGES:

VEHICLES (Vehicles adb):

New "standard" vehicles:
SdKfz 250/1(alt)
SdKfz 250/1(neu)
Pz IV H
Pz IV J
BrummBar
StuG IV
Sturmtiger
Panther V G (unpainted)
Panther V A
SdKfz 232/3
SdKfz 251/17
Aufkl Pz 38(t)
Pz II L
SdKfz 250/9
Panther/M10
Konigstiger (P)
JgdPz IV
SdKfz 7/2 Flak 36
SdKfz 7/1 Flak
Wirbelwind
Mobelwagen
Ostwind
Gepard
SdKfz 251/21
SdKfz 250/5
JgdPz IV (A)
Hummel
Bison
Wespe
Kubelwagen
StuG IIIG "Greif"**
SdKfz 250/3***
SdKfz 251/11***
SdKfz 251/3***
Schwimmwagen***
37mm FlaK**
PaK 35/36 Spigot**
K81/1 (12.8cm PaK)**
PaK 43 (now with proper undercarriage)
PaK 43/41

M16 MGMC
M13 MGMC***
M14 MGMC***
M4A1 MC***
M4 Crocodille***
M4A3E2(75)
Ad Hoc Jumbo***
M4A3 Flame
M4A3E8 Snow camo**
M12
M4 Tankdozer
Jeep
M12
Veteran M4A3(75 mm), also as Command tank.* Snow camo**
M3A1 (with captured PzSchreck)*
M3A1 White Scout*
Veteran M4A1(76)**
Veteran M4A1(75)**
Veteran M10 snow camo**
Veteran M36 snow camo**
40mm AA**

Cromwell IV (also as command tank)*
Cromwell IV CS (95mm)*
Sherman V (also as Command Tank)*
Sherman VC Firefly*
M10 17pdr "Achilles"*
A30 Challenger*
M10 3inch "Wolverine"*
Churchill VII Crocodille*
Churchill IV AVRE*
17pdr AT gun*
6pdr AT gun*

"Ersatz" vehicles:
Pz III M
Pz III N
Flammpanzer III
Nashorn
Marder II
Marder III
Pz II F (removed in 4.0)
Pz IV D (removed in 4.0)

Captured vehicles (will show up in very small numbers late in campaigns, mostly with
1th SS (PzBrigade 150):
BeuteJagdPz M10(a)
BeutePz M4A3(a)
BeuteFzg M-3(a)
BeutePSW M8(a)

"What-if" vehicles (removed in VetBoB)
BeutePz SU-85(r)
BeutePz T-34/85(r)
BeutePz T-34(r)
Panther F*
FlakPanzer 341*
Maus*
E-100*
M26
M36B1
M26E4 "Super Pershing*
T28 Super Heavy Tank*
A34 Comet*

Almost all armor datas revisted.

Most german HTs, as well as armored cars and a few assault guns now have MG42s instead of MG34s.

Shermans now have generally better front armor.

Jumbo now has slightly less front hull armor, but better turret armor.

Jagdpanzer IV (L/70) has better front armor. The original Atomic values were for early jagdpanzers.

Panther has slightly better turret front armor.

Tiger 1 has better all-round armor. This to reflect generally good armor quality.

Hellcat now has generally (much) less armor.

Thin-skinned and open-topped vehicles generally slightly less vulnerable to indirect fire. This to avoid vehicles being knocked out by the first few mortar rounds.

Many changes to ammo load.

Removed all HVAP ammo from German tanks, only 50mm PAK38 AT gun still have a few. The US also has a few rounds less. HVAP(APCR) were almost non-existent on the German side by this stage of the war, but were also in very short supply among US armored forces.

Many changes to turret rotation. US tanks generally faster (with the exception of the M10 and Sherman 105 which had hand-cranked turret traverses), German ones slower.  

Many changes to hull rotation. Some of the German tanks much faster (could turn on the spot), US tanks generally slower.

Many US AFVs can no longer use their AA .50cal in the frontal arc. Most TDs had their AA .50cal mounted on the back of the turret, unsuited for enganging targets up front. Veteran TDs, however, are still able to fire in the frontal arc.***

Many changes to acceleration and speed. Armored cars and halftracks much faster.

Many changes to ground pressure.

Nahverteidigungswaffe (Germany) and Smoke Mortar (US) added to many vehicles.**

Remote-controlled MG34 added to several German assault guns.***

Many HTs now carry a half-squad of soldiers, armed to their teeth.***

TEAMS (GEteams and ALSteams adb):

Generally most teams now have a more varied weaponry.

Most AI teams have now 10 soldiers. Several AI US teams now have a Bazooka team attached. AI German teams generally do not have a Schreck attached (with the exception of AI Sturmgrenadiers and Command teams). In the US vetmod most german teams have 10 soldiers during the first week, but will be replaced with smaller teams in the second week.

"Human teams" are more or less the same as the stock game.

USVeteran: Size of US rifle teams slightly increased. The 8-man US rifle teams represent the standard 12-man WW2 squad. At the time of BoB several US units had a critical shortage of manpower, so 8 soldiers should be pretty realistic. The same with the 7-man British squads representing the standard 10-man rifle section. For the German vetmod I have followed Atomic's practise by dividing the German rifle team in two, one rifle and one MG. Giving the human player plenty of German rifle squads complete with MG42s would have just made the Germans too strong. The German AI, however....*

US ABs now have a mix of Pzfaust 30 and 60, compared to the original game, in which they only had 60. This to reflect that a great deal of the PzFausts captured by 82nd was captured in Normandy and other battles before BoB. The germans havePzFaust 60, as well as a few PzFaust 100 and Faustpatrone 30.**

Moral generally lowered, both for human player and AI teams. This makes soldiers surrender more easily, going berserk, panic and so on.*

Winter camo: The germans have plenty of it during the first week, little or nothing later. The US have little or nothing the first week, plenty later.*

Snipers are now much more effective.

Command teams can now "call in" mortar smoke.

IMPORTANT:
In VetBoB medium and heavy mortars, artillery and air support are based on Forward observers. They are dependent on direct LOS to be able to "call in" arty etc. This means you have to place them up front. You can also place them in buildings. Expect high casulties among your FOs. The German AI FOs also only fires when they have direct LOS. US AI FOs have not changed since the previous versions, this means they have a "killing zone" of min 120m and max 200m (150-250m for air support) and are not dependent on direct LOS.

Command teams can "call in" mortar smoke (direct fire mode).

New US Teams (In addition to the new teams that come with the new vehicles (see Vehicles):

US AB Command Staff

Veteran Rifle squad**

Veteran Rifle squad (AT)***

Veteran half squad***

Veteran Platoon HQ***

Veteran .30cal MMG***

Veteran Bazooka***

Green Platoon HQ***

Bazooka (replacements)***

.30cal MMG (replacements)***

Armored Platoon HQ***

Armored Infantry

Armored Infantry (veterans)***

Armored Infantry (replacements)***

Armored Engineers***

Flamethrower***

Recon (2 man team)

Assault team (Ad Hoc)  (two different teams, both for regular and AB)***

Engineers (Ad Hoc)***

Rifle Squad (winter camo)

Platoon HQ (winter camo)

With the exception of 60mm mortar, mortars are now represented by Forward Observers.**

AB Panzerschreck (captured)

Panzerschreck (captured)

Captured PaK 43

Captured PaK 40

M21 (instead of M3 Mortar)

Command M4A3

Command M20

Ranger Squad*

Ranger Squad (AT)**

AB .30cal MMG***

M2 4,2-inch Mortar Battery (reduced to one single mortar in the H2H mod).*Forward observers.**

M4A1 Calliope (out in previous versions, now back again).*

M1A1 Bofors 40mm AA gun*

M1A1 Field Howitzer (out in previous versions, now back again).*

Air Support FOs (both for AI and Human player), now with airplane graphics (P-47 and Typhoon).*

Forward Artillery Observers (also for Human player)*

Sniper Team (2 snipers), both for regular and AB.*

SMG Squad, Ad Hoc team both for regular and AB.*

Recon Infantry.**

.30 cal HMG.**

British teams (in addition to the new teams that come with the new vehicles (see Vehicles):

HQ Section*

veteran Rifle Section***

green Rifle Section***

Scout Patrol*

SMG Team, Ad Hoc team*

SAS (played a prominent part in BoB)*

PIAT*

Vickers MMG*

17pdr AT gun*

6pdr AT gun*

3-inch mortars(reduced to one, single mortar in the H2H mod)* Based on FOs in VetBoB.***

2-inch mortars.

Forward Artillery Observers (also for Human player)*

Air Support FOs (both for AI and Human player), now with airplane graphics (P-47 and Typhoon).*

New German teams (in addition to the new teams that come with the new vehicles (see Vehicles):

Zugführer (one man)

Panzergrenadiere***

Panzerzerstörer***

Feuerleittrupp (sGranatwerfer 34)***

Feuerleittrupp (sGranatwerfer 42)***

Feuerleittrutt (Nebelwerfer)***

Zugführertrupp

Grenadiertrupp (4 soldiers)

Grenadiertrupp (3 soldiers)***

Grenadiertrupp (2 soldiers)

Panzergrenadiere (LMG)

SS Schützentrupp

Fallschirmjägertrupp (4 soldiers)

Fallschirmjägertrupp (3 soldiers)

Spähtrupp

FJ Pionere

LeMG42 (Ersatz)

PaK 43/41

SS Spähtrupp

Pionertrupp***

SS Panzergrenadiere

SS Panzerknacker***

SS Panzergrenadiere (LMG)

SS Panzerpionere***

Panzerpionere***

FJ Spähtrupp

FJ Stosstrupp***

FJ Panzerknacker***

Panzergrenadiere Zugführergruppe***

Voksgrenadiere Zugführegruppe***

SS Zugführergruppe

FJ Zugführergruppe

SS Zugführer

FJ Zugführer

Volksgrenadiere are now the core of the VG groups. They have less experience and lower morale than other German infantry units.

VG Stosstrupp (represents the experienced soldiers in the VG Div.)

PzAuklarer, both Heer and SS.**

BefPz IV J

SS BefPz IV H

SS BefPz V G

BefPz III M

SS Befehlswagen 251/10

Befehlswagen 250/10

"greif" Jäger (German rifle squad dressed up like US infantry)

BefPz JgdPz IV

MG34 (FJ and SS)*

sMG131

FJ MG15***

FJ leGranatwerfer 36***

To avoid "overloading" the Geteams file, most German vehicle teams now come only in one single version, SS and FJ will receive the same vehicles as Heer.

Thanks to final_drive and Loz for helping me get the German team names right.

SOLDIERS (Soldiers.adb):

Fixed the German Vehicle crews bug.

Increased protection to all soldiers.

All soldiers now are heavier, resulting in more "we need to rest!" No more sprinting around for the guy carrying the .50cal!***

Some changes in ammo load. Generally lowered a bit.**

Many soldiers now have access to Molotovs and grenade bundles, to reflect ad-hoc solutions for fighting AFVs.

Captured Russian SMG, PPSh41g now available to the Germans.

US ABs now have a mix of Pzfaust 30 and 60, compared to the original game, in which they only had 60. This to reflect that a great deal of the PzFausts captured by 82nd was captured in Normandy and other battles before BoB. The Germans have PzFaust 60, as well as a few PzFaust 100 and Faustpatrone 30.**

Now only one man in a gun crew will use a rifle, in he original game all crew members could use a rifle and at the same time fire the AT gun!

Many new types of vehicle crew, carrying several types of weapons, from MP40/Grease Gun to Panzerschreck!***

WEAPONS (Weapons.adb):

Main tank guns, AT guns and mortars now has faster reloading time. This also goes for vehicle mortars.

Mortars more powerfull, but actually less powerfull against vehicles.

Removed cannister from Sherman 75mm, added to M8 AC and M5 Stuart.**

Grenades and rifle grenades slightly more powerfull, but less accurate.

Blast size increased for 88 mm and 90 mm guns.

Slightly increased min. range for main tank guns, making it harder for them to take out assaulting infantry.

Increased accuracy for high velocity tank guns, as well as sniper rifles.

Generally decreased accuracy for HE shells and tank MGs. Greatly decreased blast ratings for AP shells.

Blast sizes for smoke generally increased.

Most German high velocity guns now have higher kill ratings.

Decreased accuracy for tank MGs.

Tank MGs and SMGs jams more often.

.50 cal removed from most US tanks. They were generally mounted on the back of the turret, meaning that the tank commander had to climb out of the turret to fire in the frontal arc, which would be close to suicide within the close ranges of CC4. Also on the US TDs the .50 cal were generally mounted on the back of the turret, making it useless in the frontal arc. However, some had them mounted on the front of the turret (ad hoc solution?), and in the VetBoB veteran TDs get the advantage of being able to fire the .50 in the frontal arc.***

Panzerschreck unable to fire inside buildings. Also more difficult also to fire the Panzerfaust indoor. The AI will still fire its Schrecks indoor, at least occasionally. Can't find any solution to that. The Bazooka is still able to fire indoor, couldn't find a solution for this without making huge tweaks to the data files. To compensate for this Panzerschreck are both more accurate and has far better effective range than the Bazooka (which it also had in reality).***

Range for Bazooka is now 120m (slightly more in the GermVet mod), Panzerschreck 230m. Most sources put the effective range of the Bazooka around 100m, and most sources gives the Schreck an effective range of around 200m.***

Range for Panzerfaust 100: 120m
Panzerfaust 60: 80m
Panzerfaust 30: 40m

Accuracy for small arms generally decreased, but main MGs a bit more accurate.***

Combat Shotgun added to US Assault team.**

.50cal more deadly.**

BATTLEGROUPS (Battlegroups. adb)

Generally reorganised all BGs according to Skorzeny's Histmod and Loz's German OB table. For the sake of gameplay I did a few alterations.
thanks to comments from Loz, Peter Haex, Alex Kerby, final_drive, Bob Parkin and Rufus.  

British BG added; 29th Armored Brigade will gradually take over for 30th US Division from day 8.*

New BGs:

Führer Grenadier Brigade***

KG Sandig / 1th SS (1th SS now has no less than 4 BGs)***

62nd VG

(out goes one BG from 116th Pz, 79th VG and one BG from 115th PzGren)

2nd Armored, "Hell on wheels" (out goes one of the 4th Armored Bgs)

Several of the US BGs are now shared, the first unit fighting the first days, the second takes over when the first one historically were more or less spent (with the exception of 30th Div / 29th Armored Brigade, which is a "What-if" case. Historically the british forces did not play a major role until very late in the timeframe of CC4):

99th Div (394rd rgt) / 2nd Div (38th rgt)

14th Cavalry Group / 2nd Div (9th rgt)

106th Div (422nd + 423rd rgts) / 2 Div (23rd rgt)

106th Div (424th rgt) / 30th Div (120th rgt)

28th Div (112th rgt) / 80th Div

VII Engineers: 28th Div (103rd Combat Engineer Batallion) / 1128 Combat Engineer Group

28th Div (110th rgt) / 84th Div

28th Div (109th rgt) / 30th Div (119th rgt)

30th Div (117th rgt) / 29th Armored Brigade

Thanks to final_drive and Loz for getting the German BGs right and Bob Parkin, FFJean and Ernie Mariani for the US BGs.

US Veteran vs AI:

Generally more infantry teams around, both on German and US side.

US infantry and cavalry units weak the first two days, stronger from the third day.

The German armor groups has still "only" 5 tanks, but there are now much more Jagdpanzers as well as a few Tigers around. There are also a few Jagdpanthers around. Less German halftracks and armored cars, but more infantry, also in the recon groups.

US armor groups now have mix of 75 mm and 76 mm Shermans, as well as tank destroyers. Jumbos limited to one single for each armor group. Historically there were very few jumbos in the BoB. As for 75m armed jumbos, it seems like most conversions from 75mm to 76mm were done during 1945.

German Veteran vs AI:

German armor groups reduced to 3 or 4 tanks.

Generally more infantry and less vehicles, also in the recon groups.

More AT guns in the US infantry groups.

US infantry groups will generally stay put on defense during the first week.

ELEMENTS (Elements.adb)

Now much more difficult to operate tanks and vehicles offroad. Difficult and sometimes impossible to cross streams and rivers. I think this reflects history, as the Germans had to stick more or less to the roads, and were severly hampered by the difficult terrain.

Infantry moves a bit faster, this to reflect relative agility compared to vehicles.

Many of the field elements now have increased protection values.

To change back to stock game movement, use the Elements file in the RookieMods in the Vetmods_extras folder.

SOUNDS:

Completely new sound mod. I't has now grown to nearly 50mb, but hopefully it's worth it. Most common AT guns and tank guns now have their own sound. I have tuned down some of the infantry small arm sounds a bit compared to earlier versiona (only slightly!) to get a better balance, but it is still the heaviest, loudest, meanest, dirtiest sound mod around. According to some people (among them my auntie Helga, my dog and my Skoda) it is also the best. I have used much time to get the sounds as realistic as possible.

The voice files are also modified heavily, they are much larger and more intense than the original ones. Many of the sounds comes from MOHAA. Thanks to Ernie Mariani for sending me some good wavs.

GRAPHICS:

New uniforms.* Further refined in VetBoB.***

Plenty of new unit graphics. Thanks to Ernie Mariani for sending me graphics.***

Several new and changed weapon graphics.***

Thanks to Matsjoel for repainting the pine trees.***

Several other minor changes.*

Repainted the stratmap to a bit more "winter".***

Also repainted the Scenario stratmap.***

Repainted buttons.**

New mainscreen.***

For medals I am now using Dynomite's work. Also added a descrption of the medals in the Soldierscreen.***

MAPS:

One new map and 28 repainted to "less snow".***

A big thank to FFL_Dom who have spectacularely repainted (and partially recoded) Baugnez, LaGleize, Manchau (now Schönberg) and StVith.

Thanks also to KWP who repainted the Udenbreth map (now (Winterspelt).

Southern_Land repainted the first version of Losheim, I used his version as basis for the final version.

The new bastogne map is based on BobD's "Stalwin" map, which again is based on the original Bastogne map.

The rest of the maps are repainted by me.

Simmerath renamed Losheimergraben.

Udenbreth moved to the slot previoulsy occupied by Schnee Eifel East and renamed Winterspelt.

Shcnee Eifel East moved to the slot previously occupied by Losheim.

Losheim moved to the slot previously ocupied by Udenbreth.

Manschau renamed Schönberg.

Weiler renamed Hosingen.

Siegfried line renamed Gemünd.

Echternach renamed Vianden.

Thanks to final_drive and Bob parkin for getting the names and placements right.

Changed the VL locations, should make the AI go for Exit locations as well.***

Changes in VetBoB 1.11:

US AI more aggressive.

60mm mortar added to AB command teams. In contrast to the batteries of the regular infantry, the paras had one mortar in each platoon. AB 60mm mortar battery removed.

Bazooka slightly more accurate.

2-inch mortar added to British command team. The British usually had one 2-inch mortar per Platoon.

I have removed many of the US flamethrowers. They weren't that commonly used in ETO.

Flamethrowers less effective against medium and heavy AFVs.

Added MP738(i) and MP739(i) to several VG squads.

More captured Stens to the FJs.

Heer sniper now uses Kar98k ZF, SS and FJ sniper still uses G43 ZF.

New German team: Scharfschutzen, 2 man sniper team.

Removed StuH 42 from 2. Panzer.

Removed Jagdpanzer IV/70 (A) from all BGs, except FBB.

Removed SS sniper from VG BGs. Added one slot for SS sniper in KG Sandig.

Several changes to TO&E.

Many changes to sound and voice mods.

Several minor graphic changes.

Changed the location of the"to Liege" exit VL on the Baugnez maps, this to avoid the senseless head-on encounters on this map.

Thanks to final-drive, who suggested many of these changes.

Changes in VetBoB 1.12:

Data and graphic errors corrected.

Many changes to the sound mods.

25.11.2003:

Many changes to the sound mods.

H2H and Rookie submods removed.

Changes in VetBoB 1.13:

Many changes to the sound mods. Sound quality upped.

H2H submod back again (thanks to knights-X for helping me out).

AT guns more vulnerable to small arms fire.

Included some new info on German OoB from Jeff Dugdale. Thanks to Loz for sending me the table.

Well, that's about it. I've probably forgotten something, but...

Please send bug reports, comments, suggestions etc. to trhaugs [at] online [dot] no

Credits:

6th-Army for his SAI changes, testing and comments.

Miller Logan for testing, comments, help with Order of Battle,  images for the reqscreen and general support.

Loz for commenting, testing and correcting the new vehicles, as well as his invaluable "German Order of Battle" table.

final_drive for many valuable additions to VetBoB.

Ditto for Bob Parkin.

Cpl_Filth and Sgt_Wilson, who made it possible to edit CCIV.

The Blood! for his excellent GadgetMunger and BtdMunger.

Jeff Duquette for collecting many of the infantry images I used as basis for the ReqScreen icons, as well as hosting the first versions of the Vetmods.

Markus Hofbauer for the German team names.

KG-Brandenburg for making plugins for the vetmods.

Gr.Rommel for fixing the Vehicle Pathing.

Nimits for inspiring the making many of the new vehicles.

Skorzeny for his historically correct German BGs.

KlausMB for his German Order of Battle.

Zonbie for his incredible solution for adding airplane graphics to forward observers.

The Other Dave and Phil Lane for making the excellent CC sound tool available.

Konrad for his excellent sound tool.

The players at the various forums for much needed feedback and interesting discussions .

And finally, thanks to (the late) Atomic for making my favorite game!

#######################################
PLATOON_MICHAEL's CHANGES:
Changed many of the Tank,Vehicle and Gun Icons.

Removed the blue background for all Icons and went with the WaR green background.

Added Erie Wind sound.Sound #84

Brought back the original Schonberg map that first came with WaR.

Changed the Campaign text file to include Night Battles,Ability to rest BG's,diff-based Artillery,Naval and Air support as well as Supply.Also added Auto-Add remove teams from FP although currently set at 0 for No.

Added one Night Battle for the morning of December 16th in the Grand Campaign.

Recycle or Disbanded BG's never come back.

Some color editing to tanks.

Changed the Main Splash screen,thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Changed the Status Screen again thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Added Medals and the names to the Soldier Screen.CCImages.pix
(soldierscreen.tga)

Increased the SEPOPUP_000.tga from 20 to 25 slots to allow for 25 teams to be displayed.

Changed the SOKILL graphics back to TT's graphics.
(SOKILLGUN_000.tga through SOKILLVEHICLE_000.tga )

Recolored/Removed Timer graphics,by doing so hopefully prevents players from making last minute VL charges.Located in the GameGadg.AZP (TIMECOLON_000.tga through TIMERNUMBER_009.tga)

Recolored/Removed Moral Bar graphics,by doing so prevents opponents from knowing ones exact state of Moral during game.GameGadg
(AMERICANMORALE_000.tga through AMERICANMORALE_010.tga)
And
(GERMANMORALE_000.tga through GERMANMORALE_010.tga)

Changed the Scenario Editor Screen(CCImages.pix) to have Historical Dates
Also changed the Buttons.
(SEDAY01_000.tga through SEDAY25_000) rather than # of days.

Changed the Days on the Strategic Map to display Historical Dates rather then # of days.
(STRDAY06_000.tga through STRDAY31_000.tga)

Added the 150 Panzer Brigade BG.(Operation Grief)

Added the Brittish 29th Armored Brigade BG.

as you can see it clearly refers to vetbob 1, any help finding vetbob1.1 greatly appreciated. Does it exist or is vetbob1 the latest?

regards

slipper

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:08 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

Folder it creates within your WAR should be: AOVeteran1.1b instead of the 1.03 instead (I at least) replaced 1.03b replaced. with this install.

Got to admit didn't going over the readme with this install, though did save a copy of it for my backup and easier access.

slipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

johnsilver

Thanks again for the reply but i am sorry what you say above is not true mate.

If i install the mod i get from the link you supplied above

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/VETBoB/

i get TT's VETBoB v.1 , it installs a mod folder entitled VETBoB, there is no folder installed titled AOVeteran1.1b as you say.

It is the same mod (VETBoB) as mentioned here by Platoon Michael

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2721101

This is not AOVeteran1.1b?

If however you go to firefoxCCMods

http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php

(you need to register), then go to the WaR downloads page, here

http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=15

there is a mod called CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Veteran 1.1B

is this the one you refer to? Are  VETBoB and AOVeteran mods made by the same person?

I am even more confused than when i started now.

regards

slipper

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

Slipper..

I have installed so many mods into WAR folder, then not looked before attempting to help you closely enough...

You are right again and Have probably thouraghly confused you by now..

Yes.. Nomada's fine mod is AOVeteran Vetbob.. I finally took the time to look at all of the mods in WAR folder have installed over the years..

Michaels mod is in the folder "VetBoB" and it does say "version 1.0" in it's last version.. Man.. I can't say sorry enough for consfusing you (and myself) for all this mess.

Nomada had the 1.03b, 1.04b also(think) then a 1.1b

What do tou think of Michael's mod? You enjoying it?

slipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

johnsilver

No harm done mate, just thought i was missing something obvious that's all. Haven't really had time to try Michael's mod fully yet but i do like that it starts with a night mission first.

So basically Michael only has the one WaR mod and that is VETBoB yes? All the others AOVeteran 1.01, 1.03 1.1b and even found a 1.4b, all belong to nomada, so are all variations on his mod, yes?

Are there any great differences between VETBoB and AOVeteran Vetbob? or is it just down to personal taste? Is one better for singleplayer v AI play?

Cheers anyway mate for taking the time to look into it and clearing things up for me.

regards

slipper

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

Quote:
All the others AOVeteran 1.01, 1.03 1.1b and even found a 1.4b, all belong to nomada, so are all variations on his mod, yes?

Right, all of those belong to Nomada and think are variations somewhat of TT's, though one of them takes off into the fantasy realm with T-28's, Maus armor, JagdTigers, M26's and some kind of M10 that has nearly indestructible armor and punches like a King Tiger.

Quote:
So basically Michael only has the one WaR mod and that is VETBoB yes?

He also has his variation of the stock Mod that came with WAR, which gives the Allies a fighting chance to play as the human player:

slipper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: TT is a genius Reply with quote

johnsilver

Thanks alot mate for your help, and taking the time to answer all my questions. Really appreciate it, think i have it now.

cheers

slipper  Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: