Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pelmo76

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 pm Post subject: Close Combat 1 Install Error.. Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

It's been so many years, but the desire to play Close Combat is always great!
I have searched through google the game (How to install Close Combat Windows XP) and I found this explanation to find and install the game on my PC with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5IiUrqJpaY

I followed exactly the installation procedure, unfortunately the game does not work for me. As soon as I try to run the game, this warning appears:

Missing files in the "\Data\Base\".
Please re-install Close Combat.

Who can help me?
Thanks in advance!

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:13 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat 1 Install Error.. Reply with quote

You have to do absolutely everything (pause the video if necessary)  this guy says even the naming of the folders has to be right. That's a bad install error.

"Remember to use "InstallCC" not any different name because the program looks for that exact name when installing."

I'm using this game on windows 7 and cpu killer, works great.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:46 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat 1 Install Error.. Reply with quote

-moved

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Pelmo76

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 1 Install Error.. Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I was unable to install the game properly.
Believe me, I follow step by step the instructions of the video, but encounter the same error ..

Could you please get the 3 files from the same link and try to install the game?

Maybe some files contained in those links are damaged ..

I would be very grateful if you tried!

Pelmo76

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 1 Install Error.. Reply with quote

I follow his instructions exactly!

TUTORIAL WITH DOWNLOAD:
Step 1.
Get WinRAR from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and download and install this if you havent got this already
Step 2.
Click Start, click My Computer, then goto your hard disc drive (c:/), and in there create a folder called InstallCC.
Step 3.
Goto to this link: http://www.sendspace.com/folder/zz8iyz
Download Part 1 and Part 2 into C:/InstallCC
Step 4.
Open cbI.part1.rar and then double click "Close Combat 1" and then in there, you will see the file CC1.iso, drag this file into the InstallCC folder (C:/InstallCC)
Step 5.
Right click CC1.iso and click extract here, and let it extract.
Step 6.
Goto http://www.closecombatseries.net/down... and save this to the InstallCC folder (C:/InstallCC)
Step 7.
Right click your start menu, then click properties, then on the start menu tab, click "customize", then scroll down till you find "Run Command" and make sure the box next to it is checked, then click ok, then ok again.
Step 8.
Go into your start menu, then click Run.
Step 9.
In the Run box, put this:
c:\InstallCC\setup\acmsetup /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S c:\InstallCC\
(C: being your hard disc drive)
Then click ok, now the Close Combat 1 Installer should pop up
Step 10.
Just go through the installation as normal, clicking apply/ok whenever, and there will be 2 errors at the end but just ignore them, and click ok.
Step 11.
Goto start, programs, Microsoft Games, Close Combat, then right click the Close Combat application and then click open file location (or manually goto "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat")
Step 12.
Open cbI.part1.rar again then goto "Close Combat 1" then in there, there will be a file you want called "CC1 Patch v1.0a.exe", drag this file to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat" then just run the patch when its there
Step 13.
In your InstallCC folder open up CC1_XP_NoCD.zip and drag the cc.exe to replace the one in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Close Combat", once done that then right click the cc.exe, click properties, and then goto the compatibility tab, on the drop down box select "Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)", and check the box next to "Run this program as administrator", then click OK.
Step 14.
The game now should be done, and working, once in the game, on the top tool bar, go to options, preferences, then make sure you turn the speed down from fastest, to fast, or slower if you wish, reason being fastest is way to fast to be playable and causes the game to crash.

HOW TO INSTALL IF YOU HAVE THE DISC:
Step 1.
Right click your start menu, then click properties, then on the start menu tab, click "customize", then scroll down till you find "Run Command" and make sure the box next to it is checked, then click ok, then ok again.
Step 2.
Click start, then click run, then in the run box put:
D:\setup\acmsetup /Z cchook.dll /T cc.stf /S D:\
"D: being your CD/DVD drive"
Step 3.
Go through installation as normal, ignore the errors at the end.
Step 4.
Click start, programs, microsoft games, close combat, then right click the close combat application and click properties, here goto the compatibility tab, and in the drop down box choose "Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)" and then check the box next to "Run this program as administrator" and then click OK, and the game should run.
Step 5.
In-game make sure you turn the speed down from fastest to fast/medium/slow cause fastest is way to fast and causes the game to crash.

And this is how you get CC1 to work on later computers.
Thanks.
CloseCombatRob

One question ..
When I run this step:

Step 5.
Right click CC1.iso and click extract here, and let it extract.

PS.
(I do not have the CD)

During defragmentation of files, this happens to me:

I am Italian and my windows xp system is in Italian.
However, I agree always to replace the file.
Perhaps this is the problem?

Pelmo76

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 1 Install Error.. Reply with quote

Ok guys, I solved and I was able to install the game.
I installed the program "Daemon Tools" and instead of using the command string:

c: \ InstallCC \ setup \ acmsetup / cchook.dll Z / T cc.stf / S c: \ InstallCC \

I used this:

E: \ setup \ acmsetup / cchook.dll Z / T cc.stf / S E: \

Now everything works perfectly.

Thanks anyway.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 1

Jump to: