Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Is there progress in making an upload of your new explosions, ScnelleMeyer?

Thanks!  Smile

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

YES:) Thanks to forum members reminding me I have worked some more. - Yesterday I tried a new way of converting the explosions that seems to provide somewhat better results.

I will work on it today as well.

Version 1 with Gateway to Caen explosions for re-releases will be ready for download on friday the latest. (If nothing crashes totally;)

Thanks.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Were you able to make the Explosions White for WAR?

A sandy Explosion isn't going to look good in WAR

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

No, PM but that was never my intention either. - This is a purely a conversion and that was hard enough to do for someone with zero graphics skills.

However if you dont like the look of the GtC explosions when you try them out - feel free to uninstall  - or edit them any way you please to suit your taste and needs.

IkiIki

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

Version 1 with Gateway to Caen explosions for re-releases will be ready for download on friday the latest. (If nothing crashes totally;)

Well it is saturday... Does this mean that everything crashes totally? Wink

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Hi! IkiIki and welcome to the forum:)  

Nothing has crashed, but there are a couple of bugs on the converted explotion graphics that I have tried to fix.

Not too much luck with that unfortunately. I will upload a plugin with version 1 today.
- Maybe some guys out there with more graphics/Photoshop skills can give some tips on how to fix it..

What game do you play IkiIki?

IkiIki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

I play CC5 with Berlin mod. I tried to convert the graphics of explosions from CCGtC, but got stuck at the same point as you at the beginning. CCFX do not work for me. I love GTC explosions and would like to see them in Berlin Mod for CC5. My English is poor but I hope you understand what I wrote. And what kind of bugs have you faced?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

You write perfect English mate. Don't worry about it.

The bugs left now are thin horizontal black lines below the smallest explosions.

I would also like to remove a greenish tint or shadow at the end of the explosions.

The psycedelic colours I found a solution for.

Im attaching my notes for CCFX - maybe it can help others:

To UNPACK FX files:

CCFX.exe, FX DATA file and the FX file to be UNPACKED must be in the same FOLDER.

the command in DOS is: CCFX + "Name of FX file to be unpacked.fx" - This will be the name of the resulting folder containing the images from the unpacked FX file.

Example: CCFX Exp20.fx

To PACK FX files:

CCFX OG FX data has to be in the same FOLDER.

TGA's (32 bit with Alphachannel) to be packed is placed in a subfolder.

Command in DOS is: CCFX + foldername

Eks: CCFX Exp20       (Exp20 is the foldername)

SchnelleMeyer

IkiIki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thanks for instruction - in the near future I will check it. Then I see if I'll be able to do something with bugs about you wrote. I'm waiting for version 1 of the explosions - I am very curious to see how they will look in CC5.
Also very, very much thanks for your hard work on converting explosions graphics - and despite that there are still bugs, you are great Smile

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Will we get the GTC tracers, too?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

First explosion plugins are up on the ftp :  

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/ScnelleMeyer/Graphics%20mods/GtC%20Explosions/

There are CC5, CCMT, TLD, COI and WAR versions available.

Enjoy!  - Hints and tips for improvement are welcome.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Will we get the GTC tracers, too?

Nope, they are not in the Effects file and I have no idea where they are - maybe its a funtion of the .exe?

crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm interested to give this a try ...Thanks for ur efforts.
is there a LSA version?
Or will TLD version work for manual install?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:21 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Hi Crewman, Thanks for the kind words.

I will put together an LSA version too. The TLD version might work as a manual install, but its missing the bridge explosion,
That might cause a problem - If its not crashing you will probably not see an explosion when a bridge is blown.

crewman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:55 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thanks SchnelleMeyer,
just thinking ... Is it possible to only have GTC explosions for mortar and artillery ... and leave other smaller explosions LSA type?
I like the LSA tank explosion and smaller type explosions for guns and stuff.
Although I don't hv GTC and haven't seen its graphics.

Might be a solution since you hv problem with smaller explosions

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:13 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer:

You did a Great job here.
The Explosions for WAR LOOK GREAT!

I added your file to the Original game rather than to the Stock Mod file I've worked on .

Do you mind if I include your file (Or Parts of it)to my next update to Stock Mod?
Credits Of course.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it possible to only have GTC explosions for mortar and artillery ... and leave other smaller explosions LSA type?

Yes, thats possible but I think tanks exploding/brewing up are hardcoded to one of the larger explosions (Exp40 or Exp60) so this is something you will have to live with.
But smaller explosions could be LSA no problem.
- Its the weapons DATA file that control what size of explosion are used for each weapon.

Quote:
You did a Great job here.
The Explosions for WAR LOOK GREAT!

Thanks a lot Platoon. - You know the difficulties very well:)
Everything I upload are free to be used or changed in any way to the benefit of CC-players.
- I would be happy if you choose to use the explosions in any mod of yours.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thank you ScnelleMeyer!

tripwire

Rep: 37.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thank you very much, ScnelleMeyer !!   Your work looks extremely good in "old" CC5 and mods.  I will also integrate the CC3 version tomorrow.

Congratulations on a stunning addition to the old game!

crewman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:35 am Post subject: Re: new explosions PITF/GTC into old CC's??? Reply with quote

Thanks ScnelleMeyer,
look forward to trying your LSA version

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: