Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 am Post subject: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

Tomorrow April 25th is the 100th anniverasary of the Gallipoli invasion, memorialised in Australia as ANZAC day. There's been a lot of press reports, politician's speeches and crass commercial product placements so I am getting a bit tired of the spectacle.

BUT, this week there have been a few good stories I've come across, and this one I found interesting. I didnt even realise there were snipers at the battle.

I have a login at the site so it opens for me, if the link doesnt work will someone let me know and I'll copy the text into a post.

Sniper Battle in Gallipoli

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

I watched the Water Diviner last week. About three sons who go to Gallipoli and a father who searches for them five years after the war... What I did not realize was after the Allies won the war, they gained control of that whole area. Lost the battle, won the war type thing.

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

BUT, this week there have been a few good stories I've come across, and this one I found interesting. I didnt even realise there were snipers at the battle.

A new TV series - Gallipoli, aired recently that touched on the snipers at Gallipoli among other things. It was very good if you get a chance to see it.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I watched the Water Diviner last week. About three sons who go to Gallipoli and a father who searches for them five years after the war... What I did not realize was after the Allies won the war, they gained control of that whole area. Lost the battle, won the war type thing.

Yes, because of the Armistice of Mudros, foreign nations invaded many areas, which led to our war of independence.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:50 am Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

100 years is a big one.
New Zealand suffered a huge loss in WW1. You could argue that they were a special generation. A good sort..
I hate to sound so romantic, but it would of taken a special kind of man to live in New Zealand back then.
I'm sure they were all very good, honest people.
Added: It almost makes you think, what kind of physiological damage has it done to my country? What would it be like, if such a significantly large amount of people had not been killed off in WW1?

More than anyone. They probably thought they were heading off for a adventure.

Gallipoli is one of the worlds great military disasters.
Alot of those young men would have been living in a very miserable state for a long time. Its sad. Many would of died a very miserable deaths.

When i read letters home, from the soldiers. You get a sense of innocence from them. But also allot of pride,honour, humour and optimism.  

Its very sad when you read about the appalling conditions. Stories about men being forced to shit there pants because they cant stand up.  The casualties in conjunction with the countries population... The bitterness of the stalemate...

R.I.P to all the British/Turkish/Australian/New Zealanders who suffered in this colossal and disastrous offensive.

Added: France took massive casualties.
New Found land and India was also in the battle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

R.I.P. soldiers on all sides.  

I´m fortune to have seen those battle grounds, crazy and impressive.. so little land  Exclamation

P.S. This is how these soldiers are "respected" these days (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=676_1430074924)

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:04 am Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

P.S. This is how these soldiers are "respected" these days (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=676_1430074924)[/quote]

Bikers from a gang - Rebels. Just a hand full of miscreants. They then apologized after a backlash against their behaviour.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: Gallipoli Inavsion 100th anniversary Reply with quote

enjoyed the article pvt_Grunt

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: