Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1215
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author

What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game?
Close Combat (1996)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Close Combat 3: The Russian Front
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Close Combat 4: Battle of the Bulge
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

CloseCombatRob

Rep: 6.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:17 am Post subject: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

If i had to rank my favourite to least favourite it would go like this:

1: CC2: A Bridge Too Far - Had the best variety in my opinion, probably the most intense of the series too and had very challenging AI in comparison to newer titles.
2: CC4: Battle of the Bulge - Like CC2 this one had good variety and was intense. Was the last CC game where the AI was half decent and would actually attack when supposed to, probably the most underrated CC game in my opinion.
3: CC3: The Russian Front - It's great fun like the games above, but was a little too focused on tanks making the infantry cannon fodder for the most part of the game which I wasn't a massive fan of, but other than that it's a very solid game.
4: CC1 - Great game for it's time, it started the series, still fun to play now, but CC2 and other sequels added a lot which makes this look a little outdated in comparison. The most troublesome to get working on modern pc's but still possible with workarounds.
5: CC5: Invasion Normandy - Im referring to stock game here and I felt this was a step back and offered no new features over CC4, it was the first of the AI doing nothing syndrome which still exists in the newer games. However i'm pretty sure many people will vote this for the variety of mods alone.

Feel free to just vote or comment what game you enjoyed most and maybe explain why too. And maybe have a rank like me or list your least favourite CC too.

I have to make a separate thread for the matrix games as there is a limit to how much I can put on the poll Very Happy

Last edited by CloseCombatRob on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 28 times in total

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:38 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Russian Front for me. Cheers

bobbielidl

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

most fun is cc4 battle of the bulge game. other games good as well. sorry for not satisfactory english

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:41 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

CC2 and a close 2nd place to CC3.  CC2 was the only one in the entire series sold for Mac OS.  That was the only way I ever found out about Close Combat because I could run on Mac.  AI is wicked on CC2.  And the overall production quality of CC2 with the video and bridge demolitions, makes it #1 for my vote.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:22 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

CC5 because of the fantastic moding tools made by the community to make your own stratmap, BGedit aso and the last CC without the girlie soldiers made by matrix...

CloseCombatRob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

@DJ Funnily enough the original CC was on MAC first and wasn't released on pc till half a year later, shame they stopped supporting mac after cc2, even though personally I've never been a mac owner

@Sapa Yeah when it comes to mods CC5 is king I agree, but the reason I put it last is because I was basing it on the stock games rather than modding capabilities, in that case it was the weakest of the 5 in my opinion

Last edited by CloseCombatRob on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:35 pm Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

CC5 had some incremental improvements over CC4 and unfortunately increased instability due to never getting an official patch. But even in that state it became the most modded version of the game followed by CC3 thus I don't know if I would call it the weakest stock game.

CloseCombatRob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:51 am Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

My biggest gripe with CC5 was the AI, in CC1-CC4 it would attack when it was supposed to, not in the smartest ways admittedly but it did something where as in CC5 about 80% of the time even if the AI was the attacking side it would not move an inch from the spawn till after 20 minutes if that. The campaign just didn't feel fun or intense like the previous games and that is what killed this game for me. This seems to be a problem with the matrix titles too. The problem is the AI sucks on big maps, it needs smaller maps to achieve success. I wouldn't have a problem with big maps if the AI was coded for it but it seems they are only good on smaller maps. Maybe on multiplayer big maps are a great thing but I primarily play singleplayer. I do enjoy playing mods for CC5 now and then but without mods it's just not as fun as previous titles in my opinion.

longnez

Rep: 47.1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Poll: What is your favourite Atomic Close Combat game? Reply with quote

Hi all,
the best for me will remain The Russian Front, its long-term gameplay. Even now i don't get enough since 1998. The evolution of equipment, machinery and equipment soldiers make this indestructible war game. And COI is in the same movement.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: